Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats up with ward even having fans ????

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sweetscience18 View Post
    Andre Ward is a master boxer and no matter how much yiu hate on him he may never lose.
    if he fights enough....he will lose eventually

Comment

As long as Ward continues to take his opponents out of their game, it wont matter that he is seen as boring. Winning gets the bills paid. He will eventually come across a fighter that will force him out of his comfort zone, then we will see how far he gets when he has to dig deep and pull out a win. I remember when all people would talk about was how boring Floyd and Hopkins were. There sure isn't much of that going on anymore. my guess is that Ward will go down that same road..

Comment

Originally posted by beefbowl83 View Post
        As long as Ward continues to take his opponents out of their game, it wont matter that he is seen as boring. Winning gets the bills paid. He will eventually come across a fighter that will force him out of his comfort zone, then we will see how far he gets when he has to dig deep and pull out a win. I remember when all people would talk about was how boring Floyd and Hopkins were. There sure isn't much of that going on anymore. my guess is that Ward will go down that same road..
        Hopkins has put on a few horrible stinkers along with many great performances. Ward has a lot of dominating stinkers, and not a single great exciting performance like Hopkins had against Tito, Pavlik, Tarver, ect.

Also Floyd isn't boring at all, nobody was saying he was boring at lightweight and nobody who appreciates true boxing will ever say he's boring. Only boring fight people can say he's had is against Baldy.

So I wouldn't compare Ward to Floyd or even Hopkins.

Comment

Firepunch, I'm still waiting for you to explain exactly when Bute beat Pascal? Cmon dude lets see it!

Comment

I'm a fan of Ward.

Comment

Firepunch, I see you edited your post to delete the comment you made that Bute beat Pascal. Good, in the future real facts to back up your points will always be looked at in a positive light

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
                Hopkins has put on a few horrible stinkers along with many great performances. Ward has a lot of dominating stinkers, and not a single great exciting performance like Hopkins had against Tito, Pavlik, Tarver, ect.

Also Floyd isn't boring at all, nobody was saying he was boring at lightweight and nobody who appreciates true boxing will ever say he's boring. Only boring fight people can say he's had is against Baldy.

So I wouldn't compare Ward to Floyd or even Hopkins.
                My comparison to Bhop was an indirect respose to another poster saying Ward was a dirty fighter. Not that I am personally agreeing to dirty fighting, but lets face it, Bhop knows how to change the tempo of a fight to benefit him. Clinching and leaning slow the tempo of a fight which suits Bhop, and in this case I think it benefits Ward as well.

With Mayweather, I never thought he was boring but Ive heard plenty of people complain about how tedious it is to watch him fight because he counters and pot-shots. No complaints on my end, just a few opinions that Ive encountered from other people. What their true appreciation is for boxing, couldnt tell you.

EDIT: I also want to add that Ward is young. His great exciting performances could be yet to come.
                Last edited by Prawn Jovi; 01-20-2012, 11:34 PM.

Comment

I'm a fan of Ward because he's an excellent fighter but he's also because he's a classy respectful guy

Comment

Originally posted by FirePunch View Post
                    Oh yes like light heavy is miles away .

7 pound difference . How is a fighter ranked P4P when he hasnt even moved up once in weight or fought the top guy in his class im baffled .

Ward IS the top guy in his class! 7 pounds makes no difference??? Im baffled.

Comment

Ward is like DJ Khaled. All he does is win!

Comment

Working...
                      X