Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Peterson's Appeal Could Force Khan To Explore Options

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is not a problem but to give Peterson more than Khan is just absurd, Peterson wont be the one to generate the money, I don't really see how 50-50 is not a great deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Prince Mongo View Post
      There have to be consequences if the WBA order a rematch and Peterson turns it down. What happens then? Does Khan get the title by default or does he have to fight a WBA selected opponent for the vacant title?
      the way i see it khan still lost the title regardless if there is a rematch or not.
      WBA super title is usually erected from the WBA regular title and given to unified champs (theres a few exceptions like sturm and cotto who hold a super title without being unified champs). so i don't see how 2 boxers would be able to fight for it -there's a regular title for that.

Comment

I hope Peteson's appeal is held up. Time for Khan to move on and quit complaining.

Comment

All this could be solved very simply. Khan just watches a tape of the fight again and sees how he couldn't cope with Peterson's style then admits to himself he really lost. All these bullshit appeals just make him look worse. Who wants a title given back to them based on some irregularity when everyone else thinks they lost fair and square?

Comment

Originally posted by Drunk Punch View Post
            All this could be solved very simply. Khan just watches a tape of the fight again and sees how he couldn't cope with Peterson's style then admits to himself he really lost. All these bullshit appeals just make him look worse. Who wants a title given back to them based on some irregularity when everyone else thinks they lost fair and square?
            A draw at best for peterson. Ya peterson looked really great those late rounds...not. Admits he lost? proof. 2 points deducted for what a mayweather or any other fighter can get away with? A dude interfering with judges then seen in the ring with Peterson?

I seriously think Khan should just abandon the division and move up. Love or hate him can anyone argue he is the biggest draw in the division right now? If Roach takes the Paq fight off the table - which he should, Peterson will coming begging for Khan if he wants a decent payday.

Comment

Unless Lamont can get fights with Pacquiao or Mayweather (won't happen AT ALL), or even Marquez or Bradley, he should rematch Khan. I don't like Khan, but he was ROBBED.

Comment

So much for Peterson saying he would give Khan a rematch.

I think there stances prove who really won the fight. Khan desperately wants the rematch.

Peterson doing everything he can to avoid it.

Unless Peterson get an offer from the big two, then he should fight Khan and be good to his word.

Comment

But they didn't, not even all the judges thought that, HBO didn't think that, infact most people thought Khan won.

Comment

I think Team Peterson are playing it absolutely correct - why should they be bullied into doing what Amir Khan wants?

If Peterson somehow scores a mega fight with Manny, he'll make enough money to retire or be set for life.

Comment

I think Team Peterson are playing it absolutely correct - why should they be bullied into doing what Amir Khan wants?

If Peterson somehow scores a mega fight with Manny, he'll make enough money to retire or be set for life.
                      And as Bradley said, why risk losing to Khan for that fight.

Obviously if Peterson felt confident of beating Khan in the rematch it would have already been signed, but he doesn't.

Who can blame him really, got lucky with the hometown ref/decision, and now want to make the most of it before it comes to an end.

Comment

Working...
                      X