No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Peterson's Appeal Could Force Khan To Explore Options

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boxingbrain28 View Post
    All those idiots who keeps saying 50-50 is not a good deal are all high, where else would Peterson get as much money unless he fights pacquiao. Khan has the drawing power even without the belts. Money to khan is nothing because he can go back to the U.K and sell out 20,000 seat arenas, where as Peterson would be lucky to get even 5000 in the U.S even with his 2 belts
    The same logic was leveled at Peterson when he refused $300,000 to fight Khan around the time of the McClosky negotiations. He was being slandered as greedy then but managed to get $650,000 as mandatory. If Peterson manages to overturn the WBA's decision he is in the driving seat and will negotiate from a stronger position. If money means nothing to Khan as you say then it won't be a problem for him to give Peterson more than 50 50.

Comment

by the sound of things so far, it seem that Peterson has no intension of giving Khan a rematch. Do they really believe that they're going to get Manny, thats simply not going to happen, its a publicity stunt/bait to lure him to Top Rank

50-50 split of worldwide revenues seems incredibly fair, I don't think anyone else will match that offer and giving Khan history it'll probably be a one-time offer.

If he doesn't except this offers, milk this for as long as possible, by fighting couple bum/shots fighters and collect your pays , cause the moment he steps up in competition he's going to lose those belts (Bradley)

Khan has a habit of "moving on" (e.g Maidana, Prescott)

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post
        Not only that but have to remember that before Peterson became mandatory he was lowballed with an insulting offer by Khan and turned it down.

Khan's team act like they are doing a huge favor by giving the champ 50%?

That's funny. Peterson should do just like Khan did to him.

"70-30, I'm the champ, I've got the belts". That's where I would start. Peterson should settle for no less than 60% of everything.
        You're a relentless twat

Comment

Originally posted by Prince Mongo View Post
          If Peterson manages to overturn the WBA's decision he is in the driving seat and will negotiate from a stronger position.
          definitely an important factor indeed. khans tried to enforce a rematch which would let them dictate the financial aspect, but now they have no choice.
          50/50 is the same deal they offered to bradley so i think that's the best peterson will get.
          khan will probably move up if he fails to secure a rematch imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Leohappy View Post
            khan will probably move up if he fails to secure a rematch imo.
            If Khan can either get the WBA title by default or fight for the vacant title against a softish opponent I think he will go for that before moving up to WW.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Q View Post
              Someone needs to tell Khan that he isn't the champion anymore therefore he's not in the driver's seat. He got the much bigger purse the first time so if he really wants a rematch he needs to be thinking 60 Peterson 40 Khan and at least 2 million plus to start. Anything less, Peterson should be looking else where.
              smh, don't think Khan ever earned 2million in a fight

Comment

Originally posted by Prince Mongo View Post
                If Khan can either get the WBA title by default or fight for the vacant title against a softish opponent I think he will go for that before moving up to WW.
                it's a super title not a regular title. i don't think it's possible to fight for a vacant super title. how khan would get a title by default? the result hasn't been overturned only a rematch ordered by the WBA.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Q View Post
                  Someone needs to tell Khan that he isn't the champion anymore therefore he's not in the driver's seat. He got the much bigger purse the first time so if he really wants a rematch he needs to be thinking 60 Peterson 40 Khan and at least 2 million plus to start. Anything less, Peterson should be looking else where.
                  Someone needs to tell you that being "the champ" doesn't automatically mean you're in the driving seat.

Comment

Originally posted by Leohappy View Post
                    it's a super title not a regular title. i don't think it's possible to fight for a vacant super title. how khan would get a title by default? the result hasn't been overturned only a rematch ordered by the WBA.
                    There have to be consequences if the WBA order a rematch and Peterson turns it down. What happens then? Does Khan get the title by default or does he have to fight a WBA selected opponent for the vacant title?

Comment

Khan probably earns more than 2 million a fight, he gets 1 million from HBO, then he gets money U.K tv SKY, sponsors, and money from gate

Comment

Working...
                      X