No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mystery Man Admits He Helped Correct Khan-Peterson Card

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by frosty-g View Post
    i couldn't care less if the 'mystery man' had asked the crowd to be quiet and laughed as he gave peterson 500 bonus points and a ****ing party hat and said it was all just because he fancied peterson. khan didn't fight well enough to win, NOTHING changes that.
    Khan didn't fight well. He certainly did enough to win.

Comment

"I helped correct the score card, but never did anything wrong". Oh, I wondered why that 10-8 round was changed in favour of Peterson?...Now I know why!
      What the "mysterious man" should have been elaborating on was, "why I was even remotely near the area for judges only!"
      It's just this kind of rubbish that adds some validity to Khan's spoilt protestations.

Comment

Originally posted by ChristianBale View Post
        I think Khan took Peterson far too lightly IMO. No rematch clause tells it all.

Khan had a bad fight while Peterson had a damn good one.

It will be harder for Peterson to have a great fight than Khan a good one. If Khan does good, he takes it. Boxers beat brawlers in rematches all day long.

Khan needs to settle down with more hard shots. He did hurt Peterson also.

He needs to not run too much, because slowing it down slows Peterson down. Jmm does it good.

Inside fighting needs to go up, he has good body shots.

Freddy knows Lamont so I don't buy the taking him lightly thing. Peterson was never a walk over he just exposed Khan for he he is. It was a close fight that could've been a draw but Khan could've been penalized even more also. Peterson winning a close decision wasn't a bad call at all. If Khan would've taken the loss like a pro everyone would've wanted to see a rematch but Khan's lack of professionalism put a damper on the whole thing. Khan vs Mayweather would've been a total mismatch any way.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Q View Post
          Freddy knows Lamont so I don't buy the taking him lightly thing. Peterson was never a walk over he just exposed Khan for he he is. It was a close fight that could've been a draw but Khan could've been penalized even more also. Peterson winning a close decision wasn't a bad call at all. If Khan would've taken the loss like a pro everyone would've wanted to see a rematch but Khan's lack of professionalism put a damper on the whole thing. Khan vs Mayweather would've been a total mismatch any way.
          The only lack of professionalism came from the officials in Washington D.C.

Why is Khan unprofessional for drawing attention to it?

Weird.

Comment

I think Khan took Peterson far too lightly IMO. No rematch clause tells it all.

Khan had a bad fight while Peterson had a damn good one.

It will be harder for Peterson to have a great fight than Khan a good one. If Khan does good, he takes it. Boxers beat brawlers in rematches all day long.

Khan needs to settle down with more hard shots. He did hurt Peterson also.

He needs to not run too much, because slowing it down slows Peterson down. Jmm does it good.

Inside fighting needs to go up, he has good body shots.
            I do agree that Khan would have a very good chance to win in a rematch, although I think Peterson probably will give him a run for his money every time. Also, I don't think that Peterson is a brawler. They have quite different style. Khan likes to fight on the outside, and Peterson was looking to get inside and do his work there, but I wouldn't call how he fights brawling. (Incidentally, this is also why I personally agreed with the point deductions. I don't care if pushing is not a common foul which draws deductions, as it seemed as though Khan was pushing to create space to work on the outside and get Peterson off of him, which is technically very much against the rules.)

Comment

By all accounts the rounds were scored correctly (in the sense that there was no way off the marks scores) and when tallied up correctly Than lost. The loss should remain on his record and when/if they rematch Peterson can go into the fight as a World Champion earning a World Champion's pay cheque.

Comment

Boxers beat brawlers in rematches all day long.
                Not true. Most fighters who win the first fight, win the second. Only in some cases do the boxers win the rematch. Segura beat Calderon twice and there are many other examples.
                Last edited by richardt; 01-18-2012, 02:49 PM.

Comment

What is more, Khan's whininess doesn't make me personally care if he gets a rematch. If he had taken his loss like a man and then asked for a rematch, I'd probably clamor for it, but as an emotional response, the way he's reacted hasn't caused me to sympathize, but has instead done exactly the opposite. I wouldn't mind seeing the fight again of course, but a part of me wants to say Khan can go pound sand. And I also don't put any stock into what the WBA "rules" as that is the worst sanctioning body out there, and as far as I am concerned should be dropped from the big 4 (the WBO is also ****, though for different reasons. The IBF and WBC are the only ones that seem remotely prestigious at this point, although emphasis on remotely. The point isn't that they are good, the point is that to the extent that they have any redeeming qualities whatsoever, it is by way of comparison with the WBA).

Comment

Originally posted by right hand jab View Post
                    "I helped correct the score card, but never did anything wrong". Oh, I wondered why that 10-8 round was changed in favour of Peterson?...Now I know why!
                    What the "mysterious man" should have been elaborating on was, "why I was even remotely near the area for judges only!"
                    It's just this kind of rubbish that adds some validity to Khan's spoilt protestations.
                    Considering the 10-8 score change was round 7, a round in which Khan was pentalized a point and it being impossible for him to recieve 10 points and considering the other two judges scored it 10-8 Peterson, its obviously was a mistake by a judge that was corrected

Comment

wtf so he has ADMITTED HE INFLUENCED THE SCORING, a third party who should not have been in the arena let alone near the judges has admitted to changing the scorecards

how on earth can the ibf not rule this a no contest after he has admitted altering the cards?

Comment

Working...
                      X