No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mystery Man Admits He Helped Correct Khan-Peterson Card

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by southpaw_07 View Post
    I doubt Peterson is taking the fight ..if the fight happens though..Khan gotta improve his stamina 1000%..he was gassed out by the 6th RD..what on earth did Ariza do to him? His stamina wasnt that bad before..

i really dont think khan's issues come from a lack of conditioning

he still fights like an amateur

look at prime ali when he makes a guy miss
    it's by inches
    he'll take a half step away

khan makes a guy miss and then runs half way across the ring

he wastes far too much for box for 12 rounds

and of course his success comes from his speed and his flurries, which again drain the gas tank

amir khan's problem is that he's just not that good of a boxer
    he's not very many steps away from a pure front runner

Comment

I think Khan took Peterson far too lightly IMO. No rematch clause tells it all.

Khan had a bad fight while Peterson had a damn good one.

It will be harder for Peterson to have a great fight than Khan a good one. If Khan does good, he takes it. Boxers beat brawlers in rematches all day long.

Khan needs to settle down with more hard shots. He did hurt Peterson also.

He needs to not run too much, because slowing it down slows Peterson down. Jmm does it good.

Inside fighting needs to go up, he has good body shots.

Comment

Why in this day and age are fights still scored with a pencil and a peice of paper? Surely its time to come up with something more robust?

Comment

Where are all the people slagging off Khan? Looks like he was dead on the money.

Eat it

Comment

Originally posted by southpaw_07 View Post
            ahaa..so Khan did have a point after all..and why did it take so long for them to compile the score cards, especially when they had the "help" of the mystery man...?
            Who cares, right? GBP and Khan pulled out of the hearing, thus the rest is irrelevant. This is tabloid-grade news if you ask me.

Comment

Originally posted by ChristianBale View Post
              I think Khan took Peterson far too lightly IMO. No rematch clause tells it all.

It was a mandatory fight so no rematch clause could be slipped in. It was an oversight because Peterson was being taken lightly. When the negotiations to fight Peterson were being conducted around the time of the McClosky negotiations. Peterson was offered $300,000 with the stipulation that should he win he got the same amount in the rematch. By holding out until he became mandatory he managed to get $50,000 more than he as originally offered for 2 fights.
              Khan's poor showing was down to his non existant infighting skills which Peterson was good enough to exploit and expose not that Khan hd not prepared poorly or had an off night.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                Where are all the people slagging off Khan? Looks like he was dead on the money.

Eat it
                well i had peterson winning no more than 4 rounds max...so i knew something wasn't right.

Comment

Originally posted by Prince Mongo View Post
                  It was a mandatory fight so no rematch clause could be slipped in. It was an oversight because Peterson was being taken lightly. When the negotiations to fight Peterson were being conducted around the time of the McClosky negotiations. Peterson was offered $300,000 with the stipulation that should he win he got the same amount in the rematch. By holding out until he became mandatory he managed to get $50,000 more than he as originally offered for 2 fights.
                  Khan's poor showing was down to his non existant infighting skills which Peterson was good enough to exploit and expose not that Khan hd not prepared poorly or had an off night.

When Khan talked of Mayweathe more than Peterson, that alone shows me he was not focussed on the fight.

It is true that Peterson exploited Khan's inability to fight on the inside, but that is also a wrong doing on Khan's side: Peterson had 3 game plans and said he used two: Khan had one game plan. Peterson's main chance was on the inside and khan should have developed more in that area.

NOW Khan has admitted that flaw and said he will work on it.

Good to point out no rematu clause for mandatories.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post

Eat it
                    i couldn't care less if the 'mystery man' had asked the crowd to be quiet and laughed as he gave peterson 500 bonus points and a ****ing party hat and said it was all just because he fancied peterson. khan didn't fight well enough to win, NOTHING changes that.

Comment

I'm so tired of hearing about all of this *****. They'll have a rematch at some point.

Comment

Working...
                      X