Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Chisora Tells Vitali He Uses Steroids on BoxNation Face-Off

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ubermensch View Post
    Tennis is more analogous to boxing than most other sports, actually. Except that tennis players aren't hitting each other in the head. But it is one man or woman against another, probing for weaknesses, trying to wear the opponent down and defeat him/her.

Which is why a lot of boxers enjoy tennis (like Andrew Golota!).

Speculation is fine, but it is not always objective. As I said, the more invincible someone appears, the more his detractors will look for something to take him down with, a crack in his armor, if you will.

Like Tiger Woods and his skank addiction.

There doesn't appear to be much out there to go after the K-Bros with, other than the drug cheat accusation. So that's the one I expect to see cropping up more and more.
    Let me ask you something. How many tennis players at 40 are on top of their sport? The fact is it is highly unlikely because their bodies break down and cannot react the same. Same as boxers except they're not getting punched. When Aggassi regained his top form and got to the top again there were wide spread accusations of doping and rightly so. No difference in this case.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
      Let me ask you something. How many tennis players at 40 are on top of their sport? The fact is it is highly unlikely because their bodies break down and cannot react the same. Same as boxers except they're not getting punched. When Aggassi regained his top form and got to the top again there were wide spread accusations of doping and rightly so. No difference in this case.
      Tennis players tend to burn out a lot quicker than boxers, because of the schedule, the constant travel, the grinding wear and tear on wrists, ankles, knees.

However, age 30 is not the death sentence it used to be in tennis. Agassi indeed did very well after 30, and Federer is still near the top.

Whether that is due to doping, again, I don't know for sure. Agassi only admitted to using meth, not an performance enhancer.

30 these days is young for a heavyweight. Age 40 seems to be in HW boxing what age 30 is men's tennis. The limits in both sports are being pushed, for whatever reason you want to believe: advanced training and nutrition, doping, or all of those.

So you must think that George Foreman was doping during his late career comeback as well. Who knows? It's possible.

One thing seems likely: if the K-Bros are doping, so are most of their opponents. Which is why strict testing is needed. Vendettas against one individual in particular in any sport, be it Vitali or Rafa Nadal, just undermines the seriousness of the need for stricter testing of all these athletes.
      Last edited by Ubermensch; 01-18-2012, 06:56 PM.

Comment

Tennis players tend to burn out a lot quicker than boxers, because of the schedule, the constant travel, the grinding wear and tear on wrists, ankles, knees.

However, age 30 is not the death sentence it used to be in tennis. Agassi indeed did very well after 30, and Federer is still near the top.

Whether that is due to doping, again, I don't know for sure. Agassi only admitted to using meth, not an performance enhancer.

30 these days is young for a heavyweight. Age 40 seems to be in HW boxing what age 30 is men's tennis. The limits in both sports are being pushed, for whatever reason you want to believe: advanced training and nutrition, doping, or all of those.

So you must think that George Foreman was doping during his late career comeback as well. Who knows? It's possible.
        30 is young because fighters fight so much less. It doesn't change the fact the body still doesn't react the same nor recover the same. V has always had physical problems. As I've repeatedly said this isn't proof of anything, but it is reasonable speculation the same as it is with Hopkins and others. If it weren't there would be a much broader history of it occurring.

Comment

It's possible, but George never had a crazy history of injuries.
          One thing seems likely: if the K-Bros are doping, so are most of their opponents. Which is why strict testing is needed. Vendettas against one individual in particular in any sport, be it Vitali or Rafa Nadal, just undermines the seriousness of the need for stricter testing of all these athletes.

Where do you get Vendetta from? My questions are very reasonable just as they were for Hopkins-Jones.

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=368747
          Last edited by JAB5239; 01-20-2012, 10:59 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X