Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Pacquiao: Mayweather Be a Man, Fight in Late May!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RossCA View Post
    You have to look at it from Mayweathers point of view. If you train 8 weeks and fight at the end of May, then have to go to jail in a few days for 90 days, that's just messed up. Its also a distraction.
    You also have to look at it from Pac's perspective. He needs more time for his cut to completely heal. If he trains too early, he could damage that cut. He couldn't very well reduce his training schedule. He already gave in to Floyds testing demand, plus he's willing to take a smaller purse, so why not concede this one to him if it will more or less assure that both fighters will face each other at their best physical conditions.

Comment

• the proposed site for the temp stadium would be at the south west corner of las vegas bvld and sahara. my company nevada ready mix will do the foundation pour if it goes through and it could be fully operational by aprill 22nd. carl told me todd deboif said nope so its all smoke screens.

Comment

• Pacquiao: "Mayweather be a man, fight in late may"

This is hilarious, Mayweather can't change the date, May 5 is what they mentioned in court, and the postponement was because of May 5th. I know Pacquiao can make the fight that's if he wants to.

Who in their right mind doesn't want to fight on may 5th, that's like the day after thanksgiving"black Friday": ridiculous sales.

unbelievable.

edit: And whats with this "Stadium" all of a sudden, lol
        Last edited by CasualBoxingFan; 01-11-2012, 09:16 PM. Reason: edit:

Comment

• Floyd stans have major double standards just as bad as Cotto stans. They're always talking about "business decisions" but when stuff like this makes "business sense", they criticize it because it's Pacquiao.

Comment

• be a MAN, be a FILIPINO.

Comment

• let me get this straight...one fighter says "ok lets cut the crap and fight on may 5th"...and the other one says "no lets fight later because"...what was his reason for postponing it to later may again?

Comment

• Originally posted by tatangb45 View Post
                You also have to look at it from Pac's perspective. He needs more time for his cut to completely heal. If he trains too early, he could damage that cut. He couldn't very well reduce his training schedule. He already gave in to Floyds testing demand, plus he's willing to take a smaller purse, so why not concede this one to him if it will more or less assure that both fighters will face each other at their best physical conditions.
                You're right they should be at their best. It would be nice if they could just meet in the middle and fight around the 15th. One thing is for sure, we are much more eager to see this fight happen right away then those two. I see this fight more likely happening in Nov. and I doubt they will put Pac in with Marquez this time. They want him to look really impressive before this mega fight and that could be a reason why this fight won't happen until Nov. Old Bob knows what he's doing money wise. Right now most people feel Floyd will beat Pac because of Pacs last performance. Let him have one good performance and maybe this fight will look more competitive and sell more PPV. Just a thought.

Comment

• Originally posted by littlemac View Post
                  I thought Manny was the peoples noble champ who only fights for glory and not for money.. This is the biggest fight Manny could give to his people yet the noble congressmen and the fighter of his people is holding up the fight that his people want to see because of Manny wanting more money. Manny would be banking a lot of money anyway, but is holding up the fight because he wants more! Pacman is a fake dude and champion who banksoff manipulating his drones.
                  good post!!! even pacs fans say he dont care about money. so why hold up the fight for a few xtra million? so pac is concerned about dough. i always said to say he dont care about money is so phony. the man loves to gamble so he cares about money.

Comment

• Be a man and do what? Defy the court who gave him a pass in order for him to fulfill an obligation to the MGM and the city of Las Vegas. It's real strange how everyone knows he got the pass to fight on May 5th at the MGM Grand, but Pacquiao now speaks his boss' language and speaks of a different venue as well as a different date. He doesn't want the fight. He met with Bob Arum and Arum told him what to say. He's locked in with an arena and a date, so it seems that they're making themselves available only for a time when they KNOW he will not fight. He's locked in so that's how they duck the fight. We don't want May 5 at MGM even though it's the biggest day in boxing, at the best venue for boxing, they want a couple of extra weeks and a different arena. If Bob's concerned about cuts, then he should let Pac retire. Getting cut during a fight is reality. Especially for a southpaw fighter. It doesn't matter if it has been 2 years since that cut happened, it can still get reopened.

Comment

• Originally posted by Body Movin' View Post
                      be a MAN, be a FILIPINO.
                      hes both of them.

Comment

Working...
                      X