No announcement yet.

Larry Holmes: “The Klitschko brothers aren’t carrying the sport."

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pirao View Post
    In your deluded, jingoistic mind, I'm sure he would. I see you didn't adress my other post, must be because you have nothing to say about it and have realized your mistake.
    No, in reality he he would. He was better skilled and beat better fighters than either of those guys. Care to debate that?

As far as your other post.....I saw no reason to beat a dead horse. Joseph has already taken you to school on that.

Comment

• Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
      No, in reality he he would. He was better skilled and beat better fighters than either of those guys. Care to debate that?
      No JAB, he doesn't. I'm more than certain the feller has never even seen a single Tim Witherspoon fight, nor does he have any familiarity whatsoever with any of the fighters that he's beaten. Which completely disqualifies him from the debate before it even begins.

Can you really take a guy seriously who believes Haye & Chagev are on par, skillset OR resume wise with Tim Weatherspoon? There's no logical argument for it whatsoever, only in the world of Klitschko nutthuggery.

As a Klitschko nutthugger, i can guarantee you, he's been watching boxing for no more than 3 or 4 years, 5 years TOPS. So all him and other Klitschko nutthuggers know is this shitty ass era. Which is why Klitschko nutthuggers are unable to properly grasp how unbelievably shitty this era is.

Comment

As far as your other post.....I saw no reason to beat a dead horse. Joseph has already taken you to school on that.
        Sure he has Wanking each other, that's the best you can do? I was right, and you were wrong, probably because you just posted to hate, instead of thinking first about what you were saying and checking your facts.

Sure let's debate. What accomplishments does Witherspoon have than the other guys don't? Apart from only defending his title once, of course.

Comment

What accomplishments does Witherspoon have than the other guys don't? Apart from only defending his title once, of course.
          Your lord & savior Vitali doesn't even have high enough credentials to rank above Witherspoon.

So how in tarnation does Haye & Chageav outrank Witherspoon?

Are you suggesting that Vitali ranks BELOW Haye & Chageav?

Comment

• The Holmes era was fairly dire, although it was just a US scene and no better or worse that the current US scene. Nobody outside the US who remembers it cares much about Holmes's era: he didn't have the charisma of Ali and he wasn't a big puncher, so he's not remembered as a showman or a destructive hitter, too many decisions and unmemorable domestic fights.

Comment

Sure let's debate. What accomplishments does Witherspoon have than the other guys don't? Apart from only defending his title once, of course.
              Both Haye and Chagaev have one win apiece over top 10 fighters with that victory coming over the mighty Valuev. Do I really need to continue?

Comment

• The division is horrible, how could anyone argue that?

I'm repeating myself as i say this all the time, but the problem is not the Klitschko brothers. In fact, they are the only good thing about this era. They would be competitive just about in any hw era incluiding the 60s and 70s.

I also feel they are good ambassadors for the sport. The division is well alive and kicking, just not in the US.
                When was the last time a US heavyweight sold out a stadium?

Of course the american public won't care for a eastern european "robotic" champion, but they are very popular abroad.

Comment

Both Haye and Chagaev have one win apiece over top 10 fighters with that victory coming over the mighty Valuev.
                  A guy that even Holyfield's shot, decaying corpse was practically (unofficially) able to beat.

Witherspoon has 3x as many wins over top ten Heavyweights as Haye & Chageav have combined.

The real question is whether or not Vitali even rates above Witherspoon.

Think about it.

They have about the same # of wins over top ten Heavyweights. Only Witherspoon's wins are of much better quality.

Also, Witherspoon's showing in his fight against a ATG Heavyweight in his prime was vastly superior to Vitali's showing when he fought an ATG Heavyweight, who was past his prime, inactive and out of shape.

Comment

Both Haye and Chagaev have one win apiece over top 10 fighters with that victory coming over the mighty Valuev. Do I really need to continue?
                    The mighty Valuev. This is getting funny.

Comment

Sure he has Wanking each other, that's the best you can do? I was right, and you were wrong, probably because you just posted to hate, instead of thinking first about what you were saying and checking your facts.

Top heavyweights both Haye and Chagaev have beaten:Valuev.

Top prime heavyweight Witherspoon has beaten: Page,Bruno,Tubbs ,Tillis,Snipes, Carl Williams, James Smith...

Any more questions?

Itherspoon lost a very close decision to ATG Holmes. Vitality had his face ripped open and lost to past prime ATG Lewis.
                      Last edited by joseph5620; 01-10-2012, 05:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X