No announcement yet.

Larry Holmes: “The Klitschko brothers aren’t carrying the sport."

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pirao View Post
    Oh really? Does your crystal ball also tell you the lottery numbers? What is going to prevent Wlad from becoming undisputed champion when Vitali retires, exactly?

Holmes was never undisputed BTW, I guess he sucks too.
    Holmes beat better fighters than either brother.Any argument against that is ignorant.Tell

Tell me any fighter either brother beat better than Norton or Witherspoon.
    Last edited by joseph5620; 01-09-2012, 05:27 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
      Holmes beat better fighters than either brother.Any argument against that is ignorant.Tell me any fighter either fighter beat better than Norton or Whitherspoon. And no,Sam Peter
      or Ademak isn't it.
      Than Norton, sure. What did Whitherspoon do exactly to be so highly rated?

I'm still waiting for you to tell me what is going to prevent Wlad from becoming undisputed, and why would it matter if it happened when Holmes was never undisputed either, so don't try to change the subject.

Comment

The two best heavyweight are the brothers and they are not going to face each other.Period. No amount of spin is going to change that. And Byrd was NOT the best heavyweight. Lewis was. Corrie Sanders never even beat a top 10 fighter prior to Wlad.

So that ranking is useless.
        The rankings aren't stationary, idiot. Byrd was #1 before the 2nd fight with Wlad. The brothers beat the best available fighters in the division at those particular times, fact.

Not as useless as your post.

Comment

Than Norton, sure. What did Whitherspoon do exactly to be so highly rated?

I'm still waiting for you to tell me what is going to prevent Wlad from becoming undisputed, and why would it matter if it happened when Holmes was never undisputed either, so don't try to change the subject.
          Holmes has been criticized for it too.If you need an explanation for how good Witherspoon was than you are clueless. Witherspoon beat top fighters like Greg Page and Frank Bruno.Some think he beat Holmes and didn't look like an amateur when he did it. Sam Peter sound familiar?

And no, neither brother will ever beat the best in the division to unify the belts.Take that to the bank.
          Last edited by joseph5620; 01-10-2012, 04:38 AM.

Comment

The rankings aren't stationary, idiot. Byrd was #1 before the 2nd fight with Wlad. The brothers beat the best available fighters in the division at those particular times, fact.

Not as useless as your post.
            The question was if they beat the best guy in the division. Idiot. The fact that Sanders was rated number 2 is evidence that rankings don't always tell the whole story.But I guess that is too much common sense for you.

Neither Sanders or Bryd were ever considered the best in the division.Ever.Period.
            Last edited by joseph5620; 01-09-2012, 05:41 PM.

Comment

• There's so much excitement and star power in lower divisions since guys like Ali/Frazier/Foreman/Holyfield/Tyson dwindled...that it will take some major stuff, some major consistency, some major excitement and some in shape Americans to get some of that luster back that has been lost....

it will require more than it ever has because times are different...there's so much more to offer these young, big strong athletes...there's more technology and social media to capture the attention of casual fans...there are alternatives in the MMA scene...it will simply require more...

It will require more Seth Mitchells...guys that can bring it, guys in shape, guys who can speak, guys who have the desire not just to make money, but to carve a legacy and be a dominant world champion to prove they are the best.

Comment

The question was if they beat the best guy in the division. Idiot. The fact that Sanders was rated number 2 is evidence that rankings don't always tell the whole story.But I guess that is too much common sense for you.

Neither Sanders or Bryd were ever considered the best in the division.Ever.Period.
                Actually, at the time prior to Vitali-Sanders, Sanders was ranked #3 behind Byrd, who also held the IBF title at the time. So naturally Vitali goes after the fight against the one-hit wonder journeyman, instead of avenging his disgraceful loss to the guy who took his virginity.

Comment

So when Byrd was ranked #1 he was not considered the best in the division, I see Idiot.

Obviously Sanders was not the best, it was Vitali since he was #1, Sanders was #2.

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
                  Holmes has been criticized for it too.If you need about an explanation for how good Witherspoon was than you are clueless. Witherspoon beat top fighters like Greg Page and Frank Bruno.Some think he beat Holmes and didn't look like an amateur when he did it. Sam Peter sound familiar?

And no, neither brother will ever beat the best in the division to unify the belts.Take that to the bank.
                  Whitherspoon is no better than Haye or Chagaev, he doesn't have the achievements to back it up. Yes, Sam Peter sounds familiar, he got beat 3 times by the Klitschkos, so?

WTF does that mean neither brother will ever beat the best in the division to unify the belts? When Vitali retires, Wlad will do it, and do it easily. The only thing I'm taking to the bank is your stupidity and inability to form a coherent argument.
                  Last edited by Pirao; 01-09-2012, 05:56 PM.

Comment

So when Byrd was ranked #1 he was not considered the best in the division, I see Idiot.

Obviously Sanders was not the best, it was Vitali since he was #1, Sanders was #2.

Whitherspoon is no better than Haye or Chagaev, he doesn't have the achievements to back it up. Yes, Sam Peter sounds familiar, he got beat 3 times by the Klitschkos, so?

WTF does that mean neither brother will ever beat the best in the division to unify the belts? When Vitali retires, Wlad will do it, and do it easily. The only thing I'm taking to the bank is your stupidity and inability to form a coherent argument.

Comment

Whitherspoon is no better than Haye or Chagaev, he doesn't have the achievements to back it up.

Lol, you're joking, right? He was far better skill wise AND achievement wise. Maybe not at the time he fought Holmes, but that was just a glimpse of the future. Witherspoon would have beaten both Haye and Chagaev senseless.

Comment

Working...
                      X