Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Schaefer: Who is Bob Arum Fooling? He is Full of ****!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's long past time to put a stop to all the unbalanced speculation about Pacquiao, and his cut, and Arum's supposed prevention of the Mayweather fight etc. Also the foolish comparison with Andre Ward's fight. I hope that all the boxing crazies see this and accept it (a faint hope I know)

Briefly, Pacquiao's cut was 1.5" long, deep to the bone, on the fleshy part of the eyebrow, needing 3 layer stitching of 8, 8, and 12 stitches. Recovery time is mainly depending on his body's reaction.

Ward's cut was a smaller, surface cut, not deep, but serious enough, took 7 stitches, recovery time also depending on his body's reaction. They both would need to be healed properly long enough before their fights so that they can train without aggravating the injuries.

Pacquiao's cut is on a very different level of seriousness to Ward's.

Comment

If Pac's cut was so serious, then why was he going to fight JMM in May, but he can't fight Floyd in May because the cut is so serious. Pac is simply scared because he knows Floyd will KO him in four rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
        It's long past time to put a stop to all the unbalanced speculation about Pacquiao, and his cut, and Arum's supposed prevention of the Mayweather fight etc. Also the foolish comparison with Andre Ward's fight. I hope that all the boxing crazies see this and accept it (a faint hope I know)

Briefly, Pacquiao's cut was 1.5" long, deep to the bone, on the fleshy part of the eyebrow, needing 3 layer stitching of 8, 8, and 12 stitches. Recovery time is mainly depending on his body's reaction.

Ward's cut was a smaller, surface cut, not deep, but serious enough, took 7 stitches, recovery time also depending on his body's reaction. They both would need to be healed properly long enough before their fights so that they can train without aggravating the injuries.

Pacquiao's cut is on a very different level of seriousness to Ward's.

That cut was healed and ready to go for May until the Boogyman got his report to prison date pushed back. And we STILL haven't heard from Manny regarding his cut. He just hides behind his daddy. Sickening.

Comment

Originally posted by marvin douglas View Post
          If Pac's cut was so serious, then why was he going to fight JMM in May, but he can't fight Floyd in May because the cut is so serious. Pac is simply scared because he knows Floyd will KO him in four rounds.
          I've actually seen nothing from Pacquiao or Arum which says that Pacquiao was ready to fight again in May, especially at the beginning of May. I don't see how he could time his body's response so finely. I've seen all about Mayweather's "booking' of the MGM Grand and his accomplice saying "the little fella". As ambiguous as is possible to be. Not a single definite statement on anything. And entirely possible that he'd announce next week that he never said any such thing. And I've seen all the crazies' loud announcements that he'd said this, or said that or............ But they never seem to understand that "words" actually mean things to some people, and they scatter around all kinds of rumours as statements of facts that they can't possibly know anything about.

If Mayweather was really serious in wanting to fight Pacquiao, he would first ask him if he wanted to fight, then ask if May 5th suited, and THEN....get down to the work of negotiating the contract. He's need a good promoter to do this for him as he can't do it himself. (As a side issue, he doesn't even have a licence to box in Nevada right now and he's never had a promoter's licence..to date. And, if he had, he'd still have to hire an expert to do the actual promoting, since he doesn't know how.) And this would have to be done through Top Rank anyway.

I personally do not believe that Mayweather is/was serious, as every one of his actions show he wasn't. His frantic antics in recent years have been getting more and more uncontrolled, ending (at the moment) in a gaol sentence.

And Pacquiao's cut, no matter how you want to assume it, was a very serious one, and would require several months of trouble free heaing BEFORE he began training again. You can read about it on the internet. It's a legitimate boxing injury, suffered during a bout, not his fault, and it needs to properly recover. A defeat for Pacquiao, (perhaps due to his cut re-opening) was have far more serious consequences to his image as a multi-corporational global icon, than would a defeat for Mayweather which effect would be local, regardless of how his fan(atical)s regard him. Future hundreds of millions in earnings depend on Pacquiao keeping up his image as an all conquering "little man". He's not just a fighter....Corporations worth tens of billions have a vested interest in him.

Hard core fans don't either care or know about that, but he has a long term goal which requires oodles of money, and he's not going to put that in jeopardy if he can help it. Arum has done a wonderful job with and for him, and he can be proud of it, regardless of the irrational hatred heaped on him, about which he either knows or cares little.

Comment

who is he fooling??answer=*******ed posters

Comment

I've actually seen nothing from Pacquiao or Arum which says that Pacquiao was ready to fight again in May, especially at the beginning of May. I don't see how he could time his body's response so finely. I've seen all about Mayweather's "booking' of the MGM Grand and his accomplice saying "the little fella". As ambiguous as is possible to be. Not a single definite statement on anything. And entirely possible that he'd announce next week that he never said any such thing. And I've seen all the crazies' loud announcements that he'd said this, or said that or............ But they never seem to understand that "words" actually mean things to some people, and they scatter around all kinds of rumours as statements of facts that they can't possibly know anything about.

If Mayweather was really serious in wanting to fight Pacquiao, he would first ask him if he wanted to fight, then ask if May 5th suited, and THEN....get down to the work of negotiating the contract. He's need a good promoter to do this for him as he can't do it himself. (As a side issue, he doesn't even have a licence to box in Nevada right now and he's never had a promoter's licence..to date. And, if he had, he'd still have to hire an expert to do the actual promoting, since he doesn't know how.) And this would have to be done through Top Rank anyway.

I personally do not believe that Mayweather is/was serious, as every one of his actions show he wasn't. His frantic antics in recent years have been getting more and more uncontrolled, ending (at the moment) in a gaol sentence.

And Pacquiao's cut, no matter how you want to assume it, was a very serious one, and would require several months of trouble free heaing BEFORE he began training again. You can read about it on the internet. It's a legitimate boxing injury, suffered during a bout, not his fault, and it needs to properly recover. A defeat for Pacquiao, (perhaps due to his cut re-opening) was have far more serious consequences to his image as a multi-corporational global icon, than would a defeat for Mayweather which effect would be local, regardless of how his fan(atical)s regard him. Future hundreds of millions in earnings depend on Pacquiao keeping up his image as an all conquering "little man". He's not just a fighter....Corporations worth tens of billions have a vested interest in him.

Hard core fans don't either care or know about that, but he has a long term goal which requires oodles of money, and he's not going to put that in jeopardy if he can help it. Arum has done a wonderful job with and for him, and he can be proud of it, regardless of the irrational hatred heaped on him, about which he either knows or cares little.
              Stop posting novels. Manny is hiding behind his daddy, end of. The cut was ONLY a problem according to Manny's dad when Floyd wasn't going to jail. Soon as he got sentenced, the cut was healed and ready to go in May. Now that the Boogyman got his sentence pushed back, the cut got worst. Give it up. Your novels don't help....besides, no one is reading all of that.

Comment

Originally posted by COACH WEBB View Post
                Stop posting novels. Manny is hiding behind his daddy, end of. The cut was ONLY a problem according to Manny's dad when Floyd wasn't going to jail. Soon as he got sentenced, the cut was healed and ready to go in May. Now that the Boogyman got his sentence pushed back, the cut got worst. Give it up. Your novels don't help....besides, no one is reading all of that.
                all i know is that Pac wasnt ready til June. then wen Mayweather was goin to jail, arum said Pac would fight May 5 if it was against Marquez. Now hes not available again on May 5. everyone knows arum is the biggest liar around. his excuses have become laughable. I am boycotting Pacs next fight unless he stands up to arum and demands Mayweather.
                Pac has to remembr that arum works for him not the othr way around

Comment

how is it that there are some peopl that actually believe things comn out of arums mouth?

Comment

Originally posted by COACH WEBB View Post
                    It's not my fault if you can't read well, nor understand the meaning of what you read. Why you advertise it I don't know or care. Your comments just confirm what I've known, that it's useless to be rational with crazies. Also, you're too busy "loving the world" to allow yourself to understand.

This is my last comment on this thread.

Comment

It's not my fault if you can't read well, nor understand the meaning of what you read. Why you advertise it I don't know or care. Your comments just confirm what I've known, that it's useless to be rational with crazies. Also, you're too busy "loving the world" to allow yourself to understand.

This is my last comment on this thread.

Good. We won't miss your novels.

Comment

Working...
                      X