Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Schaefer: Who is Bob Arum Fooling? He is Full of ****!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
    i doubt the journalist would lie.

so someone from floyd's camp must have said it as well.

though that guy could be lying. trying to look important.
    I doubt the journalists would lie about what specifically?

And let's stick to what we know.

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
      Sorry, GBP and Haymon fighters do both HBO and Showtime. Arum will just have to get over it. Not cool for this fight to happen because someone's ego will be hurt. Not a valid excuse.
      your mistaken....

a few guys have been on hbo, but not any major haymon guys...

you haven't seen quillen,broner, etc on HBO, and you won't...

Arum isn't cutting HBO out, just like floyd isn't going to cut out showtime..

Arum risks losing his hbo tv dates for mikey, verdajo, bradley, rios, etc to guys like ggg, kovolev, canelo, and some of the GBP non-haymon guys....

Arum too smart for that

Comment

• Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
        your mistaken....

Arum risks losing his hbo tv dates for mikey, verdajo, bradley, rios, etc to guys like ggg, kovolev, canelo, and some of the GBP non-haymon guys....

Arum too smart for that
        It's not Arum's call, really. Does the promoter work for the fighter or vice versa?

If Manny is a free agent, and Manny doesn't care about the network, why should we be ok with Arum blocking the fight? No one from HBO has said if they go never come back so let's not assume.

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
          It's not Arum's call, really. Does the promoter work for the fighter or vice versa?

If Manny is a free agent, and Manny doesn't care about the network, why should we be ok with Arum blocking the fight? No one from HBO has said if they go never come back so let's not assume.
          Its not assuming, when they did the exact same thing to GBP when schafer took floyd to showtime...

I agree that mannys an idiot, and should have never resigned with arum but as long as he is tied to arum, he is tied to HBO....

We all now that manny is arum's puppet and will do anything poppa bob tells him

Comment

your mistaken....

Arum too smart for that
            You make good points but GGG, Kov and Canelo all have HBO deals-Canelo has a 3 fight deal 2ppv, Kov a 3 fight deal, and GGG a 4 or 5 fight deal I believe. They wont get more dates until a new contract.

I agree Arum will do what is best for HBO and will not cut them out but there really isn't another promoter who has enough talent to make HBO reduce his dates.

Comment

Its not assuming, when they did the exact same thing to GBP when schafer took floyd to showtime...

I agree that mannys an idiot, and should have never resigned with arum but as long as he is tied to arum, he is tied to HBO....

We all now that manny is arum's puppet and will do anything poppa bob tells him
              Well then he's at fault for the fight not happening then. Simple. He should be able to make the fight happen as a network free agent and superstar. His promoter works for him, not vice versa. And if he's too stupid to realize that then it's his own fault.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                You make good points but GGG, Kov and Canelo all have HBO deals-Canelo has a 3 fight deal 2ppv, Kov a 3 fight deal, and GGG a 4 or 5 fight deal I believe. They wont get more dates until a new contract.

I agree Arum will do what is best for HBO and will not cut them out but there really isn't another promoter who has enough talent to make HBO reduce his dates.
                With canelo, ggg, and kovolev all eating up dates, and most likely a lot of good dates... Arum needs to protect his dates, as he won't get any from espinoza at showtime

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                Well then he's at fault for the fight not happening then. Simple. He should be able to make the fight happen as a network free agent and superstar. His promoter works for him, not vice versa. And if he's too stupid to realize that then it's his own fault.
                Yes it is manny's fault,,, I blame him the most, but floyd needs to stop with the crazy demands, as it pretty apparent manny is desperate to make the fight now, and floyd still playing games....

Comment

With canelo, ggg, and kovolev all eating up dates, and most likely a lot of good dates... Arum needs to protect his dates, as he won't get any from espinoza at showtime

Yes it is manny's fault,,, I blame him the most, but floyd needs to stop with the crazy demands, as it pretty apparent manny is desperate to make the fight now, and floyd still playing games....
                  It's not a crazy demand. He is the best fighter in the sport and also by far the PPV king. Promotions and network fall under him. What's crazy is that after selling less than Cotto-Martinez, Arum thinks he can decide date, location, etc. for Mayweather-Pacquiao. Let's be realistic.

When it was 50-50, they bailed. Years later, Mayweather has remained on top and is also the top seller. It's the other party that needs to come to grips with that.

Comment

True but HBO is still wants to keep its position as the top boxing network so they wouldn't give dates to a promoter whose fighters undermine this goal. HBO isn't going to ostracize arum now unless he does something that hurts business (like Donald sterling type stuff).

Comment

Working...
                    X