Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rassclot View Post
    Malignaggi, Ward, Whitaker, Bradley, Mayweather

are all more complete than Pacquiao.

Uh huh........ but you are all discounting offense.

Boxing is the art of fisticuff combat. It originated from barenuckle boxing fighting until 1 person wins. no judges.

It was completely based on offense. Offense wins fights. Not defense. You can't win a fight diving and dodging throwing ***g0t punches that don't phase your opponent.

Ward and Bradley are not more complete than Pacquiao. They are point fighters in a sport that has deviated from the core appeal of boxing. KO's.

That is why Boxing is dying. Mayweather is only a draw because of his mouth. His fights are boring.

You can argue another way all you want. The fact is, historically boxing has always favored the offensive fighters. The point riders wouldn't even get marquee fights until recently, sport dying.

What did Cus say to Tyson? that's right.

At the same time, Americans no longer have fighters with true offense, so they've decided to debate boxing is about defensive abilities.

It's laughable.

Sorry son. If I see you dipping and diving on the streets your shirt will be yanked and you will be out cold within 5 seconds.

Real talk.
    Wrong.... if you have no defense, you will get hit, and if you get hit hard enough, you get knocked out.... That makes you a loser, Pacquiao is not more complete then Ward or Bradley, he does not duck, slip punches, counter, fight inside, bounce well off his feet, fight well going backwards... smh.... C'mon son.... this is not real talk.... it's fake talk.

Comment

• Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
      Why does Mayweather have 26 KO's on his record if he "can't KO people?"
      He hasnt knocked anyone out of late, but still is getting credit for something, which isnt knocking people out for sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
        that may be true. but how many skilled pressure fighters or offensive fighters do u see nowadays in the vein of guys like hagler, hearns, jcc, or a duran? truth is, many of the offensive fighters today are not as skilled as they were back in the days. offense is a skill and so is defense. but the both worth better in conjunction with each other.
        So true...

Duran is probably the most complete offensive fighter I've ever seen.

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
        How many complete offensive fighters are there in the sport right now?

Marquez and Pacquiao are tremendous offensive fighters, IMO the two best offensive fighters, but neither is complete. The fighters closest to being complete fighters are guys who are defensively focused, it's just the way it is right now.
        You guys got it right.

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnwoo8686 View Post
          I'm about to blow the TS' world up by saying this... Pacquiao's offense isn't even that great! Sugar Ray Leonard had great offense, Thomas Hearns had great offense, Duran had great offense. Pacquiao, although he has good offensive tools his offense is not great. He often leads with his head when throwing his straight left leaving himself open to a counter left hook. His right hand is overrated as you could tell by the Marquez fight because Marquez was never dazed by Pacquiao's right hook.

Of course Marquez had more bruising in their fight, Pacquiao threw almost all of his punches exclusively to Marquez's face. While Marquez split his offense by going to both Pacquiao's face and body. Well rounded fighters must have great defense because great offense alone can only take you so far. By your logic TS Willie Pep would be one of the most overrated fighters in history. Did you know he won a round by not throwing a single punch?

how did that blow the TS world again? dayum this is the finest example of how a poster over rates his response. stfu

Comment

• Originally posted by Rassclot View Post
            nobody said it's solely based on power.

FIRE POWER+Speed are the most important aspect of offense.

If you have no power, you don't have great offense. PERIOD.

It's like a defensive fighter with no head movement.
            You are one sad individual, I'm still running through this thread laughing at your posts. A great offense consists of speed, power, accuracy (timing), having a/ or an almost complete arsenal of punches. Pacquiao doesn't fall under that category. Pernell Whitaker had a great offense and he had more than enough power to get anyone's respect.

Comment

• To the TS. Power doesn't mean squat if you can't hit the target. Therefore, power is overrated. A feather fisted punch that actually lands at least counts for something. I believe timing and accuracy is more important than power. A lot of times, knockouts happen, not because the guy had punching power, but because he hit him at the right time and at the right place. In another words...timing and accuracy.

You talk about Pacquaio and KO's. Well, if you watch the Hatton fight, I won't say power had nothing to do with it, but I do believe it was more about timing and accuracy. Hatton's hand was coming down (timing), and Pacquaio landed right on the chin (accuracy).

Comment

• Wow what a laughable post, this had to be a Pacfan (=casual, no knowledge of the sport). First off I will correct some misinformation that was listed in this post.

1. Ward, Malignaggi and Bradley are not defensive fighters....and moving out of the way of a punch does not exactly mean defensive. That means you are smart and have the ability to not get hit, it is called "reflexes". I guess for you being a badass and blocking punches with your face is the "tough" way to fight? Bradley and Ward both fight moving forward actually and Paulie is a slick pure boxer, and still....none of this is technically defensive.

2. Ward is infinitely more of a complete fighter than Pacquiao, only a novice to boxing would think otherwise. Do not confuse confuse being "active" with effective offense. Just because Pac comes forward and throws punches all over the place does not equal being a complete fighter whatsoever. In fact, most of the punches he threw in the last JMM fight, hit arms and air. Pac still cannot cutoff the ring, still has no jab, still throws the same 3 punch combo with his head stuck out there and no defense...if you think that is complete, I would like to see where you learned about boxing.

3. Boxing is not dying, it is just described that way by you casual fans, that is all. On the contrary, boxing is not going anywhere, the only thing that will be passing on, are casual boxing/Pac fans once he retires. If you do want to watch a sport where everyone involved is a face first tough guy with no defense and throws punches wildly, go watch the UFC. The sport where a strong wind actually knocks people out lol.

4. Throwing "******" punches? Oh you mean non-power punches I am assuming? So basically a jab, which is the most effective punch in boxing, is a ****** punch? The punch that sets up every other punch? Wow...and where did you train to box, if anywhere?

5. Why don't you ask the 42 opponents that lose to Floyd if his "draw" is only because of his mouth?

I will end my post here because I don't want to be "knocked out cold", so I will make sure not to "dip and dive" when I see you coming around LOL. There should be an age and/or IQ requirement to post on here haha.

Comment

• why this guy always needs to create street fighting related threads ???

*shakes head*

Comment

• Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                    He hasnt knocked anyone out of late, but still is getting credit for something, which isnt knocking people out for sure.
                    Is someone else going to say it? Screw it I got it.

Comment

• This thread really makes me laugh hahaha well if by being defensive you can out land an opponent more than 2 puncher per 1 .

Then how can you argue with it.

But still its ridiculous, if u are a pro boxer you should train both equally hard. ( offense and defense)

Comment

Working...
                      X