No announcement yet.

"Offense Is No Longer A Skill Of Boxing"-Haters

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bluetech View Post
    you cant have everything. nobody is perfect. You cant be such a great offensive fighter and be such a great defensive fighter at the same time.

Its physically impossible.

You have to give something up. YOu throw lots of punches hence you get more chances to hit. If you are a defensive genius, you throw less, you get hit less, but you are not as entertaining.

Its quite simple. You cant be both.
    CORRECT

Great OFFENSE is a skill.

Idiots here cling to defense now because that's all the good black fighters do. They no longer have offense.

Comment

Originally posted by Rassclot View Post
      Without power you'd be Paulie Malignaggi. He's got speed and placement. Does he win fights at the highest level?

Even Whitaker doesn't win fights at the highest level. I know you nuthuggers love to overrate him. Sorry clowns, he lost because his offense lacked.
      You need to step your game up boxrec googling warrior. Whitaker didn't clearly or rightfully lose a fight until he was 35, past prime, and two years inactive.

Comment

He had no offense.

Look at his KO ratio. That is a testiment to his commitment to coast to decisions and his lack of power. Period.

#'s don't lie.

power=offense

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          I'm going to presume this is a joke.

I certainly hope it's a joke.
          Got the names mixed up, it was against a fighter named Graves and no its not a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by CHOWWOKKA View Post
            Just curious, Who won this fight?

I'd also like to know who would have won Chavez-Taylor had it gone a few seconds longer.

And who won between Pacquaio-Clottey.

Saying 'look at this face' to suggest who won a fight has to be the most moronic thing I have heard to date on these forums.

Comment

lol @ clownshoe here.
              Dude you're getting clowned from left to right by the posters on here. Don't get me started on your asinine posts lol.

Comment

Good point by the threadstarter.............defensive fighters are being overrated in this forum.

Comment

why did Foreman lose to ?

Why did Ali lose to Spinks?

so on....

The Shane Mosley that fought Oscar knocks Floyd out in the 2nd round when he caught him twice in a row. A younger, fresher and harding hitting shane stretches that overrated bum out.
                  How did Ali knock out Foreman? With your logic Ali had no offense since Foreman punched harder.

Comment

how many times do i have to tell your dumba$$ that it is not the only thing that matters.
                    Call me a dumbass again, or anyone else in this thread and see what happens.

This is what you said.

He had no offense.

Look at his KO ratio.

You think someone doesn't have offense if they don't have power.

What you should of said in the beginning is that they are not a complete offensive fighter without power.

Not, they don't have offense without power.

You can have offense without power... although you may not be a complete offensive fighter without it.

Comment

• Originally posted by CHOWWOKKA View Post
                      Just curious, Who won this fight?

other than the swelling which was probably caused by a headbutt or elbow williams face was much worse for the wear than lara. pwill was cut on both eyes and had swelling all over his

Lara williams fight is a robbery. not a close fight like pac vs marquez. Lara landed much cleaner & much greater effect on pwill than marquez did vs pac.

In the end, pac won a very close fight where he out punched, out landed marquez & marquez face says it all.

Comment

Working...
                      X