Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many fighters on Ali's resume could beat the Klitschkos?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
    They had more heart and wouldnt just quit on themselves as easily as todays lads though and im not sure id say the Heavys of today are more durable, Frazier was a little guy and while Foreman swamped him he was as durable as hell, Ali himself was super solid and durable in phase two of his career, Larry Holmes, Tex Cobb, George Chuvalo ect... Just coz guys are sucking up what the Klitchko's are dishing out dont make them super durable, Briggs a big man, took a hell of a beating and stood up to it yet couldnt back in the 90's vs Lewis for example
    I agree Frazier in particular had a ton of heart and would have tried until his inevitable demise. That said, he doesn't have any more heart than say, Miguel Cotto who was also still FORCED to quit against Marg and Pacman. That would be the difference. He may want to continue, but the Klitschko's are too big and have way too diverse of a skill set to lose in that era. Ali is the only one who could beat them and that would be by cuts or outboxing them. I will honestly say this: Ali is the only heavyweight ever who I would say is even close to 50/50 when it comes to sheerly outboxing the current Wladimir or Vitali.

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
      He was also knocked down three times in that fight. Wlad's chin is not comparable to Ali's It's unbelievable how stupid some Klitschko fans are.
      So according to you, getting knocked down by Henry Cooper and winning the fight is a sign of Ali's greatness, but getting knocked down by hard-hitting Sam Peter three times and STILL winning the fight on all three scorecards is not much of an accomplishment, right?

Damn, and you call Klitschko fans stupid. What irony.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Invincible View Post
        I agree Frazier in particular had a ton of heart and would have tried until his inevitable demise. That said, he doesn't have any more heart than say, Miguel Cotto who was also still FORCED to quit against Marg and Pacman. That would be the difference. He may want to continue, but the Klitschko's are too big and have way too diverse of a skill set to lose in that era. Ali is the only one who could beat them and that would be by cuts or outboxing them. I will honestly say this: Ali is the only heavyweight ever who I would say is even close to 50/50 when it comes to sheerly outboxing the current Wladimir or Vitali.
        No man could force Frazier to quit, he wanted to continue after Foreman had been bouncing him around the ring and after that war with Ali in the searing heat in Manilla he STILL wanted more...
        If u believe Klitchko would beat him then while i disagree its fair enough but if u think Klitchko throwing out arm punches and jab after jab is gonna deter Smokin Joe Frazier then i assure you u are wrong.

Im not one of these guys who hate on the Klitchko boys and refuse to rate them - they are top class, but i cant get down with your post this time dude

Comment

Originally posted by Joeyzagz View Post
          Wlad got KTFO by a guy with 20 losses!!!

LMAO great gif

green K

Comment

Originally posted by Superflo777 View Post
            So according to you, getting knocked down by Henry Cooper and winning the fight is a sign of Ali's greatness, but getting knocked down by hard-hitting Sam Peter three times and STILL winning the fight on all three scorecards is not much of an accomplishment, right?

Damn, and you call Klitschko fans stupid. What irony.
            Ali was 21 years old with 18 pro fights.I know you Kits nuthuggers choose to overlook that fact. The point is that Ali got up and won the fight.The fact that you are comparing Wlads chin to Ali's is my case and point that you are stupid .

Comment

To answer the thread topic's question.

NONE.

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
                Guys like Frazier were in tremendous shape, the guy went 14 rounds in a war with Ali in 107 degree weather with nearly 100 percent humidity these guys were in phenomenal shape. Just because they weren't 240lbs doesn't mean they'd be man handled, most guys today are nothing but fat and that fat doesn't help them at all.
                Frazier's cardiovascular shape is being overrated.

He had a lazy man's style of fighting to keep from tiring. Just like we all acknowledge that Wlad changed his style to conserve energy, the same can be said for Frazier.

Have him fight at a faster pace than he usually does, plodding forward with hooks, and he would've tired out like anyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by Cupocity303 View Post
                  To answer the thread topic's question.

NONE.
                  Yeah because Ali's opponents were inferior to ATG's Purrity,Byrd,Sanders,Brewster ...
                  Last edited by joseph5620; 01-02-2012, 01:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Invincible View Post
                    #1 Klitschko's are not that good of boxers. Its more of thier size advantage that makes them dominate. Every big guy that they fought either gave them alot of trouble of defeated them! Thier skills are averge, as soon as a young big strong boxer with skill and good condition comes along the K. brothers will loose again. Vatali is the better of the two brothers based on his chin and durabilty. His heart is in question do to the quiting on the stool. The youngest brother has absolutely no heart at all, thats already been proven twice.

Comment

• I think Foreman and Holmes would definitely beat Wladimir.

Shavers would have a good punchers chance against Wladimir also.

I think Holmes would beat Vitali but it would be close.

I don't see any other guys beating Vitali though.

Comment

Working...
                      X