Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Paul Williams: I Brought The Fight To Lara, While He Ran

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is a lie lol. Look at this liar. Lara was taking pain to him and Lara beat Will and exposed him again after Sergio exposed him.

Comment

Lara was landing 2-3 clean left hands every round P-Will eat them punches all night long still coming forward landing good body punches although he lost Lara didn't dominate him
      Last edited by MrClutch85; 12-26-2011, 04:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by frosty-g View Post
        i'm gonna go to the zoo and run at a lion throwing as many punches as i can. On my gravestone they can put "died tragically beating the hell out of a lion, a fight he won on points despite being eaten"
        lmao!!! Green k

Comment

Originally posted by frosty-g View Post
          i'm gonna go to the zoo and run at a lion throwing as many punches as i can. on my gravestone they can put "died tragically beating the hell out of a lion, a fight he won on points despite being eaten"
          Yeah....Lara the Lion....just stupid hate on your part.

He didn't drop Paul ONCE, so you guys need to get over it. He wore Lara's running, headbutting ass down - glad the judges recognize body punching. War P-Will!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Haynes View Post

He didn't drop Paul ONCE, so you guys need to get over it. He wore Lara's running, headbutting ass down - glad the judges recognize body punching. War P-Will!!
            What? Is this for real? He didn't drop Paul once and now it turns out that Lara was running and throwing headbutts? WTF what fight were you seeing? Do you know anything about boxing at all? This is one of the most idiotic posts I've seen. You just managed to say something incredibly stupid in just a few words, no need for an essay full of crap, just one paragraph full of idiotic words. Congratulations!

Comment

What else would Paul say? What fighter ever admits they shouldn't have won a fight?

Comment

it looked like to me the williams brought his face to lara's gloves.williams is done because he can't and won't fight the right way.if he uses a jab with those long arms.uses his height,south paw stance,and box. it will be very dificult to hit him. but he wants and likes to brawl and gets hit.

Comment

paul is right, i had lara winning myself but it was close and couldve gon either way so williams getting the decisison was still fair and it wasnt some robbery like alot of ppl claim. most fans score with their ears, thats the problem. the hbo crew only called laras punches and went on and on about how dominant he was, so thats what happened as far as mainstream fans are concerned. punches dont count unless the commentators call them.

i chose lara but i prefer his style and usually pick that kind of fighter in this kind of fight. i tend to give more credit for fewer but cleaner punches than lots of partially landed shots. i also score ring generalship and defense (unlike most) and dont give any credit for aggression unless its effective aggression, and even then i dont value it as high as the other criterias.

so its natural that i pick a guy like lara, but i still recognize williams work. williams was outworking lara much of the time and landing brutal bodyshots all night and coming up with solid hooks and uppercuts to the head while constantly coming forward. lara was landing more eye catching shots, walking williams onto counterpunches and hitting him more flush but williams was still landing great shots too. some rounds lara was really just running and clinching, but then he lands one shot and its all that matters even if williams spent 3 full minutes chasing him around the ring and ripping him to the body, if the commentators didnt call it it didnt happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Haynes View Post

maybe cuz he was like 20 pounds lighter? anyways he owned his as 9-3

Comment

williams got out boxed and exposed again but with all that being said im interested in seeing his fights because they are usually quite eventful

but he is delusional about where he's at in boxing right now don't think much of his trainer tbh i appreciate the fact that he has been with him his whole career he seems out of his depth training fighters at world level

Comment

Working...
                      X