Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Paul Williams: I Brought The Fight To Lara, While He Ran

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep he clearly lost one of the worst robberies in boxing history next to funeka vs guzman, DLH vs trinidad, cintron vs martinez

Comment

Watch it in slow motion.

Comment

Paul is my dude, but cmon son, Get Real! Take the L and work on a new strategy. And damn I really wish he would get a new trainer. Still cant believe how irresponsible and ignorant George Peterson is being, claiming that left hand from Martinez was a lucky shot, even though Lara landed the same shot all night, like he is going to get his fighter seriously hurt if he doesnt face facts.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
          he probably watched the calzaghe-hopkins fight and got that idea. that fight set a bad precedent for boxing but hey it worked because williams got the decision yay! the skillful art of throwing punches and not landing was rewarded yay!
          Christ! You still going on about that? Zags won, Hops lost, get over it for the love of sanity.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
            Former champion Paul Williams doesn't understand the repeated comments regarding junior middleweight Erislandy Lara being robbed in their July fight.
            That doesn't exactly surprise me considering Paul Williams is as thick as a fence post, nahm sayin?

Comment

You brought the fight to him alright......... and got wacked in the process.

Comment

Originally posted by It's Ovah View Post
                Christ! You still going on about that? Zags won, Hops lost, get over it for the love of sanity.
                yeah zags threw more and hops landed more. that's all i was saying. same with the williams-lara fight. we can thank calzaghe for this new style of boxing.

Comment

i'm gonna go to the zoo and run at a lion throwing as many punches as i can. on my gravestone they can put "died tragically beating the hell out of a lion, a fight he won on points despite being eaten"

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                    yeah zags threw more and hops landed more. that's all i was saying. same with the williams-lara fight. we can thank calzaghe for this new style of boxing.
                    Seriously, get over it. You'll feel a hell of a lot better.

Comment

I threw more punches, and landed more punches.
                      While you can't really trust compubox numbers most of the time, especially because it tends to be biased towards high volume punchers, it still had Lara out landing Paul Williams by a number of punches.
                      Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 12-25-2011, 11:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X