No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Paul Williams: I Brought The Fight To Lara, While He Ran

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
    While you can't really trust compubox numbers most of the time, especially because it tends to be biased towards high volume punchers, it had Lara out landing Paul Williams by a number of punches.
    nah you can trust compubox. calzaghe landed 220 punches on hopkins. i only saw him land about 5 but maybe he landed like 215 while i blinked?

Comment

Yup, Williams sure did bring the fight to him. He brought his chin right over to Lara's left hook without hesitation all night.

Comment

Who's teaching boxing to these guys? This is what happens with crappy decisions from the judges, most boxers now think that just by going forward throwing punches like a madman is going to get them the fight since now judges don't care about "effective aggression" but only about "idiotic aggression"

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
          nah you can trust compubox. calzaghe landed 220 punches on hopkins. i only saw him land about 5 but maybe he landed like 215 while i blinked?
          Yes, he did.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxingfan0082
            "The Ring" magazine should recognize Williams-Lara as "Robbery of the Year" cause thats what that fight was a pure robbery. Pac-Marquez was close, a real man's fight but Williams lost clearly I mean C'mon...
            Nah, not much difference between those fights Pacfan0082.

In both cases CLEARLY, the wrong man got the decision.

Comment

Originally posted by It's Ovah View Post
              Yes, he did.
              where? you do realize that simply throwing punches doesn't mean you are actually landing the punches. you see for a punch to actually count as landed you have to hit your opponent in the head or body not hit the air, his gloves, his shoulders, back of the head, etc....it's really the most difficult thing in boxing and according to the old rules the most important. in calzaghe's new rule book he replaced clean punching with crowd noise. whoever the crowd is cheering for is winning. obviously now we can see why calzaghe beat hopkins.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_BOXNG View Post
                Yep he clearly lost one of the worst robberies in boxing history next to funeka vs guzman, DLH vs trinidad, cintron vs martinez
                you clearly know **** about boxing's history. robbery? yes. one of the worst robberies of all time, considering that DLH literally ran the last 4 rounds, hence the fight being AT MOST 8-4? wow...

Comment

I really didnt expect this from williams, he lost to lara, in one of the worst decisions in the last ten years. i thought the punisher had more sack than that. As bad as it was it didnt come close to say oquendo/byrd or oneil bell/dale brown. and although oscar probably beat tito, it wasnt as bad as losing on points to mosley in the 2nd fight or the gag gift he got against sturm

Comment

Lara was robbed, hands down... PW is over rated.

Comment

i love how ppl say that pac-marquez III was robbery of the year, this was clearly robbery of the year

Comment

Working...
                      X