Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why's it only me that knows that Cotto is done at elite level?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BTW, somebody toss my pet pooch a snack, give him a hug, take him out for a crap or whatever it is he needs - poor little fella's feenin' for attention.

Comment

Originally posted by tennishero View Post
      The problem with that is that ain't Cotto now is it? Now GTFOH.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
        having a chance at a catchweight? why not 154? i dont get it...he fighter there right? having a chance at a catchweight is not having a chance at all.
        Does he mean a c/w between 154 and 160? That's the only way I could 'sensically' interpret that post, ie. that he believes Cotto has some chance at a c/w between JMW and MW, but a bigger chance at 154.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
          thats exactly what hes been doing since pac. hes been on a getting money tour, which seems destined to continue.
          What?? yeah, right...that's why he faced the guy that almost killed him and beat him and looked very good doing it. He would have beaten Tony with 2 good eyes that fight.

After being in some major battles, with Mosley, Clottey, Margo and Pac, and now avenging 1 of his only 2 losses, the other to the worlds p4p best, i think he's earned and deserves some non-mega fights.

Comment

Originally posted by jazluvr View Post
            I tend to disagree, Jro...out of the three elites you mentioned, i do think Cotto does have a chance with Martinez, at a catch weight. Pac does it all the time, why can't Cotto? Drop Sergio down to 154, which he says he's willing to do, he's cocky as hell, overconfident, and Cotto is making a nice comeback showing us tremendous courage in tackling his "ghost" in Margo, boxing beautifully, following his very effective new trainers instructions very nicely, (he became teach-able again), and i do give him a chance to beat Martinez.

So now we have a "renewed" Cotto...who has, as TA put it, "exorcized his demons" and in reality, none of us, even Cotto himself knows what he is capable of achieving with his new trainer and skillset. That remains to be seen. Again, i reiterate, he should stay away from Pac and Floyd.
            What is the catch-weight?

And, I disagree unless they fight Martinez at 147 and weight drain him he has no chance against Martinez.

Is one thing in tackling your "ghost" against a one eyed shot fighter. Is another thing fighting an elite level fighter who's still fighting at a top level.

Comment

It's not only you, he is done at the elite level I feel as well. Cotto was at his best as a JW. He hasn't been that great at WW, JMW. He also used to be a murderous puncher at JW, but his punches don't do the damage at WW/JMW. As far as his WW run, he fought on even terms with Shane, lost to Marg, beat a nobody in M. Jennings, lost to Pac, barely got by Clottey (I think he lost personally) and took 12 rounds to beat a shot Mayorga. Foreman was no threat at JMW and the recent Marg fight, he was just targeting that shot eye of Marg's. I don't know what people saw but Cotto fought the same exact fight against Marg the 2nd time as he did the first time. He threw flurries and ran, over and over again. Only this time Marg's eye could not hold up. His face was still busted up regardless. I have not seen any improvement in Cotto since he came from JW.

Cotto is still good but he is not beating any of the top JMW's (Kirkland, Angulo, Canelo, Lara, Martinez, etc). He will also lose to Pac again if that fight is made for some idiotic reason.

Comment

What?? yeah, right...that's why he faced the guy that almost killed him and beat him and looked very good doing it. He would have beaten Tony with 2 good eyes that fight.

After being in some major battles, with Mosley, Clottey, Margo and Pac, and now avenging 1 of his only 2 losses, the other to the worlds p4p best, i think he's earned and deserves some non-mega fights.
                Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
                What is the catch-weight?

And, I disagree unless they fight Martinez at 147 and weight drain him he has no chance against Martinez.

Is one thing in tackling your "ghost" against a one eyed shot fighter. Is another thing fighting an elite level fighter who's still fighting at a top level.
                see, there u go. didnt even have to say anything.

Comment

He would have beaten Tony with 2 good eyes that fight.
                  A debatable opinion, but you're entitled.

Comment

I disagree that Cotto was at his best at JWW...He entered the elite level at WW. He was at his prime and peak at WW.

Cotto -like Khan was at 135- was hurting himself making 140. Making his punch resistance very poor. Once he moved to 147 -like Khan to 140- he had better punch resistance. Of course never had an all time chin. But, he just just took punches better.

I have the up most respect for Cotto though. I like his demeanor and how he carries himself. Especially the way he was willing to fight Margarito when not many want it to. He could have easily skipped Marg and tip toed to what would have been a more lucrative and possibly easier showdown against the Golden boy. Just for that Cotto will always have my respect.

And, I'm also happy for him that he beat Marg in the rematch. I know that's the one win he wanted really bad. So congrats to him for that. But, lets not get carried away and think he can hang with the likes of Martinez, Floyd, and Pac.
                    Last edited by jrosales13; 12-24-2011, 03:36 PM.

Comment

i dont think he's shot but he cant beat the elite fighters like floyd, pac or sergio. have nothing but respect for cotto cause he never ducked anyone to my knowledge
                      Last edited by Shadow boxer 3; 12-24-2011, 03:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X