Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why's it only me that knows that Cotto is done at elite level?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AntonTheGreat View Post
    he's a lame that occasionally needs to be laugh that. that's all.
    On a serious note, all jokes aside.

I might kid around from time to time on here.

But to laugh and make fun of thousands that died tragically, in a thread about freaking "Miguel Cotto", in an attempt to gain ground after being terribly owned and embarrassed is just a low scum ball move...

WTF is that?
    Last edited by BoxingGenius27; 12-24-2011, 03:08 PM.

Comment

And, yes Cotto was elite at one point...How can people say he was never elite to begin with? However, his run at the top and being on the elite level was a very short span.

Thanks of course to the monster that was the Tijuana Tornado.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
        Well that's weak sauce. Because, it can be a real good convo...But, you ruined it by just creating it to take a jab at Pac. There's plenty of threads where you can do that GTFOH.
        It's got real good, the convo's been great, no need to get your frillies in a twist

Comment

cotto over duckweather

duckweather never wanted any because he knew cotto would outwork him

Comment

Originally posted by tennishero View Post
            cotto over duckweather

duckweather never wanted any because he knew cotto would outwork him
            Floyd never ducked Cotto, ever.

You like Dedication can GTFOH.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
              only cotto fans, and there are alot of them, are still riding this 3 wheeled bandwagon.
              No kidding.

It's not that I don't think the guy still has a lot of applicable ability or couldn't handle himself in the early rounds of some of these hypothetical contests, just that his long-standing vulnerabilities (and lack of size at the weight, which isn't good for a guy who thrives most on being a bully) along with his being somewhat brokedown from a hard, punishment-filled career makes him very real prey for these naturally bigger, less worn-out, more fully loaded guns. Other guys who wouldn't outright walk through him would outbox him and pick him apart.

I dig Cotto. But people vastly overrate this guy's ability and always have. He's very good, with limitations. He is not, by any means, great.

Originally posted by AntonTheGreat View Post
              he's a lame that occasionally needs to be laugh that. that's all.
              And your sterling contribution to this forum has been...what, exactly? All I remember you for is threatening to beat someone up at ground zero,

My contributions to boxing discussion on this forum have always been well received, always. You, meanwhile, have no track-record whatsoever. So you can suck a dick.

FTR, I mentioned Wolak's (ostensible) retirement when I first entered the thread. I can't see him holding to it. Whether he does or doesn't, Cotto very likely never fights him or any of the other names I mentioned (although Wolak would maybe have some vague chance down the line if he were active, being that he's Top Rank guy), anyway. We're discussing hypotheticals, and, as such, there's nothing wrong with mentioning a fighter who only just retired less than three weeks ago and could be active again within a few months.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
                  Floyd never ducked Cotto, ever.

You like Dedication can GTFOH.
                  WTF!! You're one crazy dude, Jro. I fess'd up, and gonna keep Pac & May out of this.

Comment

I tend to disagree, Jro...out of the three elites you mentioned, i do think Cotto does have a chance with Martinez, at a catch weight. Pac does it all the time, why can't Cotto? Drop Sergio down to 154, which he says he's willing to do, he's cocky as hell, overconfident, and Cotto is making a nice comeback showing us tremendous courage in tackling his "ghost" in Margo, boxing beautifully, following his very effective new trainers instructions very nicely, (he became teach-able again), and i do give him a chance to beat Martinez.

So now we have a "renewed" Cotto...who has, as TA put it, "exorcized his demons" and in reality, none of us, even Cotto himself knows what he is capable of achieving with his new trainer and skillset. That remains to be seen. Again, i reiterate, he should stay away from Pac and Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by jazluvr View Post
                      I tend to disagree, Jro...out of the three elites you mentioned, i do think Cotto does have a chance with Martinez, at a catch weight. Pac does it all the time, why can't Cotto? Drop Sergio down to 154, which he says he's willing to do, he's cocky as hell, overconfident, and Cotto is making a nice comeback showing us tremendous courage in tackling his "ghost" in Margo, boxing beautifully, following his very effective new trainers instructions very nicely, (he became teach-able again), and i do give him a chance to beat Martinez.

So now we have a "renewed" Cotto...who has, as TA put it, "exorcized his demons" and in reality, none of us, even Cotto himself knows what he is capable of achieving with his new trainer and skillset. That remains to be seen. Again, i reiterate, he should stay away from Pac and Floyd.
                      having a chance at a catchweight? why not 154? i dont get it...he fighter there right? having a chance at a catchweight is not having a chance at all.

Comment

Working...
                      X