No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ismayl Sillakh – A Star Hopes to Be Born in 2012

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Forza View Post
    The irony is most of you guys support him just on the basis of that he is black, which is just as racist as fighting somebody because they are black.
    Supporting him because I like the way he fights.

Comment

I have mixed feelings about Sillakh. To me, he looks very promising but I worry about his chin. Why? Because he was knocked out a bunch of times in the amateurs. Even now, he still hasn't learned to tuck his chin since he leaves it out so much. I'd be very worried if the Pascal fight does happen since Pascal definitely has enough power and speed to crack Sillakh's chin. On the other hand, he has very good power and sets up his shots nicely but again, his defense is leaky.

Let him fight some more quality fighters or at least some good names such as Chris Henry, Yusaf "I got no chin" Mack, Gabriel Campillo, Edison Miranda, or even Allan Green first so we can get a better picture of what he can really do.

Comment

Originally posted by Forza View Post
        The irony is most of you guys support him just on the basis of that he is black, which is just as racist as fighting somebody because they are black.
        I don't know anyone that supports him because he's black. Skin doesn't matter, it's fighting style. Problem is most whites don't fight the style that I enjoy. I say this as a white man. Outside of Froch I can't think of a white guy I enjoy, I guess Sergio counts.

Comment

i thought he was russian...he is actually ukranian

Comment

Go Ukraine!

Ukraine! Next P4P King!
            Last edited by MichaeL_Lviv; 12-24-2011, 06:56 PM.

Comment

This guy is good and he beats pascal 2mra!!

Comment

He should just fight Glen Johnson or Yusaf Mack since everyone doesn't feel like the risk and reward is worth it.

Comment

Who does he identifies with? Ukrainians? Anglo-Americans? Blacks? Africans? Sierra Leoneses? People who looked totally different shouldn't mix in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Check View Post
                    I don't know anyone that supports him because he's black. Skin doesn't matter, it's fighting style. Problem is most whites don't fight the style that I enjoy. I say this as a white man. Outside of Froch I can't think of a white guy I enjoy, I guess Sergio counts.
                    No, Sergio doen't count. He is Latino and proud of it. In that case Saul Alvarez, Julio Cesar Chavez Jr, Antillon, Oscar DLH or Soto Karass would count. They have Spanish blood.

Comment

LOL. Those who supports Sillakh "because he is black" need to relax a little. He's mother, who raised him, is white, he grew up in white culture, and his black father who left woman with three children is definetly not a hero to Ismail so STFU! I'm from Ukraine, and all boxing fans that I know supports and respect Sillakh, so if you don't know what you are saying just STFU again.

Comment

Working...
                      X