Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Klits are only the best HWs in the world cause Americans don't give a **** nemore

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hanzoh74 View Post
    hat Wladimir Klitschko, at age 28, was knocked out in 2 rounds against Corrie Sanders and 5 rounds against Lamon Brewster, and all of the sudden at the age of 35 is now unbeatable?

Maybe hes on PEDS
    Many fighters have lost then improved Lewis lost twice Wladimir actually took more shots than him to get stopped Lewis came back strong Wladimir has improved

Comment

Boxers learn to hone their craft for many years and usually at a young age, they ground out hour after hour learning to slip punches and be effective at aggression. Size doesn't equate into a good boxer, imho the Klitchkos destroy any NFL or NBA player that decides to try to moonlight as a boxer.

I may not think much of the heavyweight division at this point but I do respect these men that have spent their lives hitting the bag, trying to improve themselves.

Raw athletic aggression cannot overcome a well crafted fighter who can anticipate a rookie’s punches coming from a mile away.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky Jim View Post
        The NBA and NFL were around and very popular in the 1970s, 1980s, 1990s.

That line of thinking is a laughable excuse and rationalization.

So I guess Lennox Lewis wouldn't have been a champion either if Americans still "gave a ****?"

It was with Lennox Lewis that Americans lost their grip on the HW division. The K-Bros just continued the trend.

And in each case it has little or nothing to do with the NFL, NBA, etc.
        Thank you for bringing Lennox up, He slaughtered the remaining American dinosaurs, THe kltschkos are feeding on birds and lizards.

The unfortunate fall of Ali, and the rise of Michael Jordan is what killed Heavyweight boxing in America.

Comment

Originally posted by Joeyzagz View Post
          Thank you for bringing Lennox up, He slaughtered the remaining American dinosaurs, THe kltschkos are feeding on birds and lizards.

The unfortunate fall of Ali, and the rise of Michael Jordan is what killed Heavyweight boxing in America.
          ^ This

Comment

Vitali Klitschko vs Lennox Lewis

THE FACTS

Vitali took the fight on just 10 days notice.

Vitali was dominating the fight 4-2 on all 3 scorecards at the time of the controversial doctor stoppage. Lewis barely survived the 2nd round and almost got KO'd, he was badly hurt, holding on for dear life, wobbling everywhere and staggering around the ring like a drunk. Lewis was badly hurt several times in the fight and was getting outslugged, outworked, outmuscled, outlanded and outboxed by Vitali.

punches landed

Vitali 156

Lewis 102

Lewis was exhausted, worn down and hurt from the accumulation of punches and was ready to get KTFO again, he collapsed onto his stool at the end of the 6th round, Vitali was clearly the fresher of the two, he was a man on a mission and would've KO'd Lewis for sure if the fight had continued.

After the fight, Vitali intimidated the shit out of Lewis and made him look like a bitch.

All the fans at Staples Center cheered for Vitali and booed Lewis after the fight.

Lewis promised Vitali a rematch.

Vitali destroyed Kirk Johnson in 2 rounds and called out Lewis again in the post fight interview. The scared Lewis retired shortly after that fight.

Lewis turned down 40 million dollars for a rematch and retired like a coward because he knew he would get destroyed by Vitali.

Vitali dominated Lewis, whooped his ass and scared him into retirement.

George Foreman: "Vitali was winning the fight. Lewis got lucky. There has to be a rematch!"

Jim Lampley: "A lucky escape for Lewis who was clearly losing the fight"

Even Emanuel Steward was upset and pissed off at Lewis for blatantly ducking a Vitali rematch.

Lewis is scared to death of Vitali.

Comment

More FACTS

Vitali wasn't even in his prime yet.

Lewis was 37, not really that old for a HW.

Vitali is 40 and is still dominating. He hasn't lost a single round in his comeback.

Lewis said he was "at the peak of my powers" when he got his ass whooped by Vitali.

Lewis was coming off the KO win over Tyson. In the Lewis-Tyson post fight interview Lewis stated "I'm like fine wine, I get better with age"

In an interview right before the Vitali fight, Lewis said "I'm at the peak of my powers, I will keep fighting for many more years"

Lewis: "Vitali Klitschko was the toughest fight of my career"

Vitali dominated Lewis, whooped his ass and scared him into retirement.

Vitali Klitschko >>> Lennox Lewis

Wladimir Klitschko >>> Lennox Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Slip Stream View Post
                Boxers learn to hone their craft for many years and usually at a young age, they ground out hour after hour learning to slip punches and be effective at aggression. Size doesn't equate into a good boxer, imho the Klitchkos destroy any NFL or NBA player that decides to try to moonlight as a boxer.

I may not think much of the heavyweight division at this point but I do respect these men that have spent their lives hitting the bag, trying to improve themselves.

Raw athletic aggression cannot overcome a well crafted fighter who can anticipate a rookie’s punches coming from a mile away.
                I believe that this is part of the point that TS is trying to get across.

Not that Dwight Howard or Julius Peppers would just jump in the ring and beat the shit out of a Klitschko.

Guys like Dwight Howard & Julius Peppers ELITE AMERICAN HEAVYWEIGHT SIZED ATHLETES are no longer groomed from their teen/pre-teen years in boxing gyms to be pro boxers, such as American greats were from the past. There's little to no incentive to get into boxing in present times, when you can earn a 6 to 7 figure a year salary for just sitting on a bench your entire career in Football or Basketball.

Culturally, there's been a shift in American athletics over the past 15 or so years. And boxing has taken a backseat to several other sports including MMA. Where as previously, boxing was one of the top 2 or 3 sports in America for the better part of the past 100 years.

There's such a huge talent void at Heavyweight ONLY because America no longer fields it's elite Heavyweight sized athletes in the sport.

And that's not even really an opinion, it's a FACT.

Comment

Originally posted by vick_ramalot View Post
                  there probably wouldn't even have been a single legit american heavyweight champion in the past 70 years if the soviet fighters were allowed to turn pro
                  Quoted for the truth.

Comment

lol @ the butthurt klitschko fans.

who is vitalis best win ladies?!

his best win is in actual fact a loss to lewis.

who is wlads best win?

david haye. the same guy all you klitschko fans (not boxing fans) said was a pile of ****e.

case closed.

Comment

Originally posted by Slip Stream View Post

Nobody is saying they could make the cross from bball to boxing and be successful. These guys that are playing bball, football, etc. in America are our would be HW's, Cruisers, LHW's etc.

It has affected the HW and CW divisions the most though.

If the Klitschko bros. were born here in America they'd be playing basketball or American football.

Being big doesn't mean you'll be a good boxer, but being massive and being extremely athletic helps you greatly. These aren't slow plodding guys but big, fast, agile athletes, everybody is a genetic freak in the NFL and the NBA.

Take Roy Jones Jr. for example, his elite athleticism helped turn him into the the greatest SMW of all time.

I'll compare measurements between Vitali Klitschko and a rookie my favorite NBA team drafted this year. These NBA players have perfect HW frames.

Vitali:

Height: 6'7
                      Weight:243
                      Reach: 80'

Kawhi Leonard:
                      Height: 6'7
                      Weight: 240
                      Reach: 87' (7 inches longer!)

His hands are also 11.5 inches lmao. He's 240lbs with nothing but LEAN muscle too, no bulk at all.

Comment

Working...
                      X