No announcement yet.

Bute VS Froch: Whats Your Take?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post
    You should watch the Berrio fight. He's a big puncher and pressured Bute and it was a very exciting fight. Problem with pressuring Bute is it creates counter punching oppertunities for him. He is great at taking that half step back, making you miss then landing the left cross, uppercut to body or head, right hook or any of those in combination. He has such a wide arsenal of punches too.

It's a catch 22 really, if you try to box him from outside you aren't going to win that (certainly with Froch) and if you try to pressure him and turn it into a fight you risk those counter power punches which have stopped 8 of his last 10 opponents.
    butes body punching is how i see him beating froch

Comment

Bold below.

Watch the Berrio fight then come back and tell me Bute doesn't have a chin.
      froch would butes best w so far

Comment

Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
        froch came back strong as ever after his loss to kessler. he put on a clinic against abraham
        This is true he did. But Abraham was rather coming off a loss himself.

I'm just saying, in general, fighters don't respond well against top competition while coming off a loss. Froch could be different though.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
          This is true he did. But Abraham was rather coming off a loss himself.

I'm just saying, in general, fighters don't respond well against top competition while coming off a loss. Froch could be different though.
          i think its true with some fighters but froch aint one of them

Comment

You should watch the Berrio fight. He's a big puncher and pressured Bute and it was a very exciting fight. Problem with pressuring Bute is it creates counter punching oppertunities for him. He is great at taking that half step back, making you miss then landing the left cross, uppercut to body or head, right hook or any of those in combination. He has such a wide arsenal of punches too.

It's a catch 22 really, if you try to box him from outside you aren't going to win that (certainly with Froch) and if you try to pressure him and turn it into a fight you risk those counter power punches which have stopped 8 of his last 10 opponents.
            I've seen Berrio. Good fight (and awesome KO) but Berrio isn't in the same overall class as Froch though he can certainly crack. Froch lands well to the body and his right is going to land more than Bute has been hit in a while. Froch's game is to chip away. That's not Berrio. Conversely, Bute's uppercut will be there for him. Again, good fight. Love to see it if Ward wants a breather.

Comment

Originally posted by markfrombrookly View Post
              Overstated my ass. First off Marlon Wright didn't start the count right away. He took a good 4-5 seconds just to start the count while Bute was on the floor in another world. Then he turns and scolds Andrade for being too close even though he was far away. That was another 5-6 seconds. Then he turns to Bute while Bute is stumbling around obviously not knowing where he is and he starts his count at 5. Watch the replay or post it.
              Here it is. Start counting from when Bute hits the deck. He's standing at 9 on just a viewer finger count. Considering most ten counts are usually a second off in real time, he beat the count and the round was over. He really beat Wright's crappy count.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARs8axyaDz0

Overstated.
              Last edited by crold1; 12-18-2011, 05:45 PM.

Comment

Bute all day. He's quick, unorthodox, and punches hard.

Comment

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
                  Here it is. Start counting from when Bute hits the deck. He's standing at 9 on just a viewer finger count. Considering most ten counts are usually a second off in real time, he beat the count and the round was over. He really beat Wright's crappy count.

Overstated.
                  Yup. Wright definitely tried some shady ish in the last 5 seconds of that fight, but regardless, Bute beat the count even IF Wright would have done an adequate job with the count.

Comment

Bute might just be too slick for Froch to handle. There are a lot of variables to consider when matching these two up, Bute has some distinct advantages which will probably get him the win, but I think Froch has the determination to pull it off. Nevertheless, this will be a good fight.

Comment

Originally posted by crold1 View Post

Overstated.
                      damn havent seen in a while. he was up in less than 10. the ref sucked though

Comment

Working...
                      X