Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bute VS Froch: Whats Your Take?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This fight is close, but it depends on when/where it takes place.

I never thought and still don't think fighters are at their best coming off of losses (i.e Froch). If Froch fights Bute next, after his loss to Ward, I think Bute will get the decision, especially in Canada.

If Froch take a few lesser class fights and gets his confidence back, I have this fight being a toss up. It can go either way, but in a neutral location, I have Bute maybe pulling it out. I'll be pulling for Froch, but I think Bute might pull it out.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
      This fight is close, but it depends on when/where it takes place.

I never thought and still don't think fighters are at their best coming off of losses (i.e Froch). If Froch fights Bute next, after his loss to Ward, I think Bute will get the decision, especially in Canada.

If Froch take a few lesser class fights and gets his confidence back, I have this fight being a toss up. It can go either way, but in a neutral location, I have Bute maybe pulling it out. I'll be pulling for Froch, but I think Bute might pull it out.
      froch came back strong as ever after his loss to kessler. he put on a clinic against abraham

Comment

Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
        yeah i agree but froch has the power to put bute on his ass. i think froch is stonger than andrade
        You guys are really underestimating Bute's chin. I mean, he was absolutely GASSED out when Andrade put him down, Bute was absolutely defenseless, a stiff wind would have put him down. and he STILL managed to make it up and beat the count. People saying Andrade KO'd him, then how did he beat the ringside count?

Comment

I think Froch batters Bute into a decision victory.

I'm sure Bute would give Froch problem with his speed and movement, but Froch would catch up in the middle rounds. Bute's defense isn't as seasoned as Ward, who is just on a different level of skill than anyone in this division.

Even though he's good, I'm still a doubter of Bute and I don't think he's really proven himself to be elite just yet. I don't think Bute has the strength or toughness to keep Froch off him like Ward was able to.

Comment

Originally posted by turbotime View Post
            You guys are really underestimating Bute's chin. I mean, he was absolutely GASSED out when Andrade put him down, Bute was absolutely defenseless, a stiff wind would have put him down. and he STILL managed to make it up and beat the count. People saying Andrade KO'd him, then how did he beat the ringside count?
            the questions about butes chin i think is more about quality of opposition

Comment

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
              He won't fall apart from a few shots. However, if Froch can draw him into an extended war (very possible given where the holes are in Bute's defense) than it becomes about accumulated punishment. That's a fight.
              You should watch the Berrio fight. He's a big puncher and pressured Bute and it was a very exciting fight. Problem with pressuring Bute is it creates counter punching oppertunities for him. He is great at taking that half step back, making you miss then landing the left cross, uppercut to body or head, right hook or any of those in combination. He has such a wide arsenal of punches too.

It's a catch 22 really, if you try to box him from outside you aren't going to win that (certainly with Froch) and if you try to pressure him and turn it into a fight you risk those counter power punches which have stopped 8 of his last 10 opponents.

Comment

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
                This has become overstated. Wright was definitely in the way WAY too much before the knockdown but Bute beat the count even with the stupid neutral corner stuff and there wasn't really enough time left for Andrade to finish. Bute survived a tough finish and if Wright stayed out of the way, maybe it ends, but Bute probably had enough to avoid a ten count either way.
                Overstated my ass. First off Marlon Wright didn't start the count right away. He took a good 4-5 seconds just to start the count while Bute was on the floor in another world. Then he turns and scolds Andrade for being too close even though he was far away. That was another 5-6 seconds. Then he turns to Bute while Bute is stumbling around obviously not knowing where he is and he starts his count at 5. Watch the replay or post it.

Comment

Bute I think is the craftier fighter. Froch just gets hit a bit too much for my liking, and he doesn't have the power or speed of Bute IMO. Bute in a decision or late TKO.

Comment

Then why is everyone bringing up the Andrade fight?

Comment

Bold below.

Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post
                      One thing you can't argue is that Bute was exhausted in the 12th round. Berrio, Bika, Miranda all hit as hard (probably harder imo) than Froch and Zuniga and Johnson around the same and none were able to faze Bute at all. People expecting Bute to fall apart when Froch lands are going to be disappointed if they actually fight.

Bute's superior boxing ability, shorter punches, handspeed are all going to present the same problems Ward did for him and Bute is the hardest puncher at 168 imo. His timing and counterpunching is arguably even better than Ward's and Bute will make him miss and pay just like Ward.
                      Watch the Berrio fight then come back and tell me Bute doesn't have a chin.

Comment

Working...
                      X