No announcement yet.

who's greater joe calzaghe or winky wright

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
    And Iron, I'd take Brewer and Sheika (when Joe fought them) over McKart and Mullings easy. Ok not easy but you get the point
    I wouldn't.

Both McKart (2 out of 3) and Mullings were at the very top of the division when he fought them. Only behind 1 or 2 fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by AlwaysOnTop View Post
      Joe's win over Hopkins is more controversial than Echol's win over Brewer...

You're a fool if you're OK with the way the Sheika fight ended.

Jermain Taylor beat Hopkins TWICE far more convincingly than Joe did..

JT must an ATG too.
      he subscribes to the "well he was gonna win anyway" theory then why was the fight even made in the first place! the ref didn't even give calzaghe opponents a chance to win in about 25 of his "knockouts" sheika was punching calzaghe and the ref jumps in to save sheika? what the hell is that. calzaghe's career was such a farce and he was a good fighter but so overprotected.

Comment

Originally posted by $ j-210 $ View Post
        who will be remembered as the greater fighter
        Calzaghe and I think every reason has been covered.

Comment

Robin Reid boxed the head off Sven Ottke, the same would of happened if he met Calzaghe and you all know it.

Comment

Polls like this may as-well read "who do you like more" to 80% of posters.

The ones like Imdazed whom isn't a massive fan of either is probably the most objective view point going in fairness.

Although I think hate/dislike speaks far louder, and makes people far more stubborn and biased, but there.

It really is a ridiculous question, and has been said, an insulting, crazy comparison.

I'm actually going to log out and click back on the poll, to see the names of those whom voted Winky, because it seriously is disapointing and a no brainer.

Heck I have a hard time giving Froch credit, but I can admit objectively he's achieved a lot. Christ even he'd be a tough match for Winky.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
              he subscribes to the "well he was gonna win anyway" theory then why was the fight even made in the first place! the ref didn't even give calzaghe opponents a chance to win in about 25 of his "knockouts" sheika was punching calzaghe and the ref jumps in to save sheika? what the hell is that. calzaghe's career was such a farce and he was a good fighter but so overprotected.
              They should be on Sven Ottke's di.ck.

He retired undefeated....and he could throw a proper punch...

Comment

Originally posted by starjammer View Post
                Nothing extreme about it pal. In my view, extreme is saying that Wright put a beating on Taylor, implying that he completely took the fight. Yes he closed Taylor's eye, but it was back and forth between them!

And I suggest you go back and look at that fight, because not just is it a great, great underrated fight, it is also a very close fight, that Taylor gave away an edge by going to the ropes.

I am a Taylor fan, so I am biased, (You can stop reading from here, or give me the benefit of the doubt), but before I started being a Taylor fan in 2007, I scored it a draw. I can see a Wright victory, 115-113, sure....but put a beating on Taylor?

We're kind of dove-tailing here, maybe, but my original point in mentioning this fight is that Wright drew against Taylor in his one chance to take a belt at a higher weight (something that Calzaghe achieved). And I don't believe there was any robbery involved. A close, close fight. And not to mention, Wright did not take it like a champion. He laid off in the 12th, infamously.

Your opinion on Wright beating Calzaghe, well that's fair enough. You know what you see. I know what I see.
                Calzaghe never went up in weight and won a title. He did go up in weight and beat a 43 year old Hopkins and RJJ, so I guess that says great things.... I guess.

Yes, Wright put a beating on Taylor. If you watch it objectively, you'll see that Wright won. I guess Taylor's eye closed up because he kept winking at the scorer's table.

Comment

Originally posted by SaintGeorge View Post
                  Robin Reid boxed the head off Sven Ottke, the same would of happened if he met Calzaghe and you all know it.
                  it did happen. the ref robbed him against ottke but the judges got him against calzaghe.

Comment

Originally posted by davis828 View Post
                    Calzaghe never went up in weight and won a title. He did go up in weight and beat a 43 year old Hopkins and RJJ, so I guess that says great things.... I guess.

Yes, Wright put a beating on Taylor. If you watch it objectively, you'll see that Wright won. I guess Taylor's eye closed up because he kept winking at the scorer's table.
                    Yeah, only the Ring ****zine title and an inheritance from Jones>Tarver>Johnson>Tarver>Hopkins which means more than any alphabet title.

Which also means a hell of a lot more than going up a weight and not actually winning.

You keep implying that I believe Taylor sailed through the fight, so I'm not going to bother. I've already made my point.

Comment

Originally posted by AlwaysOnTop View Post
                      They should be on Sven Ottke's di.ck.

He retired undefeated....and he could throw a proper punch...
                      calzaghe turned down a career high payday to go over to germany and fight the unified champ and number 1 fighter in his division ottke. i think he was scared of flying........oh wait he went to germany to fight mario veit.

Comment

Working...
                      X