Collapse
No announcement yet.

who's greater joe calzaghe or winky wright

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you seriously think Sven Ottke would of beaten Calzaghe?

Comment

Originally posted by starjammer View Post
      Yeah, only the Ring magazine title and an inheritance from Jones>Tarver>Johnson>Tarver>Hopkins which means more than any alphabet title.

Which also means a hell of a lot more than going up a weight and not actually winning.

You keep implying that I believe Taylor sailed through the fight, so I'm not going to bother. I've already made my point.
      winky beat taylor a lot clearer than calzaghe beat hopkins which he didn't. taylor and calzaghe both got busted up. winky and hopkins both landed the cleaner punches. what went wrong? oh calzaghe and taylor were the a-sides. i see why they won now. do you? when you got a calzaghe-jones ppv to sell you got a conflict of interest on your hands. when you got a young star like taylor you aren't gonna let him lose. it's like you don't realize boxing is corrupt or something.
      Last edited by daggum; 12-15-2011, 06:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by starjammer View Post
        Yeah, only the Ring magazine title and an inheritance from Jones>Tarver>Johnson>Tarver>Hopkins which means more than any alphabet title.

Which also means a hell of a lot more than going up a weight and not actually winning.

You keep implying that I believe Taylor sailed through the fight, so I'm not going to bother. I've already made my point.
        Too bad that's not an official title. At this point, being recognized by the ring is just a popularity contest for DLH to profit off of. On top of that, good for Calzaghe, he won a fake title from guys who wear dentures instead of mouthpieces.

Wright went up in weight... and won, not a title, but won nonetheless... just like Calzaghe did.

Comment

Originally posted by SaintGeorge View Post
          why not? in germany they score fights for clean punching more than ineffective aggression. if ottke's ref didn't let reid throw a punch because he said it was with the inside of the glove calzaghe would be dq'd about 30 seconds into the bout.

Comment

I think he would have beaten Ottke 12-0 shut out.

But he didn't. So it's irrelevant.

Comment

Well it's not, the other chap seems to be going on as if Ottke would of beaten Calzaghe.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                I think he would have beaten Ottke 12-0 shut out.

But he didn't. So it's irrelevant.
                yeah what if joe clearly won but ottke won a split decision would ottke fans be pretending like it was a legit win like calzaghe fans are doing with the hopkins fight? if ottke had fans(besides me) i'm thinking yes.

Comment

Well it's not, the other chap seems to be going on as if Ottke would of beaten Calzaghe.
                  so that's a good reason to not fight the number 1 fighter in your division and the unified champ? because it's too easy? what bullsh-it.

calzaghe didn't want to fight him so he doesn't get fantasy credit for fake beating him.

Comment

Originally posted by davis828 View Post
                    Too bad that's not an official title. At this point, being recognized by the ring is just a popularity contest for DLH to profit off of. On top of that, good for Calzaghe, he won a fake title from guys who wear dentures instead of mouthpieces.

Wright went up in weight... and won, not a title, but won nonetheless... just like Calzaghe did.
                    Ring is one of the most respected belts, and more relied upon for ranking than any of the other belts by far.

To then infer Winky did more in going up in weight and winning, and not ANY title. Dude you've not only contradicted yourself, but also completely undermined any possible point you could have had.

Comment

• I think the reason he didn't fight Ottke is because he was reluctant to move out of Germany, had he agreed to come over to Britain or fight on neutral ground they would of fought and Calzaghe would of won, comfortably. He was a different class.

We class the Hopkins fight as a legit win because, he won.

Comment

Working...
                      X