Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Froch, Ward Agree: Winner is The Best at 168, Not Bute

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have Froch ahead of Ward atm because of resume (his is better imo), but no doubts this wk end decides division supremacy. Bute doesn't just get to be regarded that way... these guys proved their worth in first rate tournament completion.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
      “Lucian Bute has to fight the winner [of Ward-Froch] to become the best,” Ward, 27, said. “That’s just the bottom line. With The Ring ****zine belt on the line and all the other belts on the line, no disrespect to Lucian Bute, but he’s fought B-minus, C-level competition. And he’s done what he was supposed to do — he got them out of the there. But he’s almost been preserving himself, just trying to wait for the winner of this tournament, while we’ve been putting in a lot of hard work. … We have nothing else to prove, in terms of who’s the best, after this fight. He has to come to us. We don’t have to go to him.” [Click Here To Read More]
      Silly semantics. Who goes to whom is irrelevant. Bottom line the winner needs to fight Bute next or it will be a clear duck. As for his weak resume, Bute was excluded from the Super 6 so by definition his resume will be weaker than the fighters who weren't excluded. But he's fought a decent level of opposition considering that he couldn't fight anyone who was in the Super 6.

Comment

Originally posted by turkas View Post
        If Froch wins the fight has to be in Nottingham, not only has he earned it by the gantlet fight schedule he's gone through, he'll be able to fill in arena in England if he wins, and he'll be the king of the division and gets to call the shots.

Now if Ward wins I am more inclined to a neutral location because he can't draw like Froch can.

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is Bute should have no say where this fight takes place, same goes for Kessler.
        Froch is such a poor draw that the British TV channels all avoided him until recently. He has a lot of fans in Nottingham but not very many in the UK as a whole. Bute in Canada is ten times the draw that Froch is in the UK. But the fight would sell very well in the States and from a sporting point of view that would be the best place for it, so no one could claim it was a home town decision.

I don't really care where it's held though, as long as it happens. But wherever it's held, it's very important that the officials are all from neutral countries.

That said, this is rather hypothetical because I would be flabbergasted if Ward doesn't beat Froch. In my eyes that would be a huge upset.
        Last edited by Dave Rado; 12-14-2011, 09:53 PM.

Comment

Bottom line: the winner of this fight is #1 at 168 pounds and gets to call the shots.

Comment

If Bute wants to call himself #1 he HAS to fight the winner.

Froch/Ward winner will be the SMW king until they are de-throned by someone or leave the weight.

Comment

dude..........i see no where in that link where bute says he wants ward in new york.......the closest thing i saw was "he'd like to fight in new york someday"

bute got ko'd against a slow andrade. bute is HIGHLY overrated & mostly feast on bums. why would ward be scared of bute who has **** stamina & throws the same predictable combo through out the fight? (thats how magee figured bute out in those middle rounds)

if you're like ward with a long speedy accurate jab you basically already beat butay. & add wards very quick combos & butay is at a lost..........

bute = media hyped joke.

ward will be looking for bute & bute had better fight like you promised...........
              Last edited by americanbot; 12-15-2011, 06:31 AM.

Comment

and the winner should fight booty.

Comment

Originally posted by gingeralbino View Post

Froch/Ward winner will be the SMW king until they are de-throned by someone or leave the weight.
                  yeah very true.

Kessler has a bigger claim in my opinion to be ranked 3rd best at 168 than Bute.

1-Ward
                  2- Froch
                  3- Kessler.

Comment

Originally posted by gingeralbino View Post
                    That's not being disputed by anyone. But if the Super 6 winner refuses to fight Bute, that would be a clear duck and they would then lose all credibility as the lineal title holder. In the eyes of true boxing fans, if that happened, the lineal title would become effectively vacant.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Rado View Post
                      That's not being disputed by anyone. But if the Super 6 winner refuses to fight Bute, that would be a clear duck and they would then lose all credibility as the lineal title holder.
                      The lineal title holder remains the lineal title holder regardless of Lucian Bute. Until they lose a fight or vacate.

Personally I feel the winner should take a well-deserved break and let Bute fight the loser or Kessler first. Before giving him a shot.

Comment

Working...
                      X