Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Froch, Ward Agree: Winner is The Best at 168, Not Bute

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Due to the Fact Froch and Ward went thru a Process of determining the #1 Fighter at 168LB, i have to agree. However Bute will be a tough fight for either Fighter but i feel Froch is better equipped to Hurt Bute. Dont get me wrong Ward can beat Bute too but would be a points Decision, which can be subjective with a Mover like Bute. Either way it sucks Bute gets to Pass on the Tourny but still gets the Glory of being a Top Dog

Comment

you gotta love Froch and Ward. Two tremendous fighters that speak in a smart an honest manner. Its just rare in boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Haynes View Post
        The winner of Saturday's bout is the #1 SMW in the world, but I think Bute whoops both of them - he's bigger, stronger and faster than both. They know he's a problem. I bet Froch would go to Canada to fight Bute but I'm pretty sure Andre won't - ESPECIALLY if he wins Saturday.
        neither one of them should have to go to canada to fight bute. thats just plain stupid u do realize that rite? anyways, theres nothing to suggest bute is stronger than either of those guys so, i think u really need to watch both of them fight. with that said, bute hasnt really beat anyone that tells me he'd beat either of them. ill just wait n see for myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post
          Kessler was scared deal with it. He was also willing to fight the "deserving" Steiglitz who had been stopped against Berrio (the IBF Champ who Bute won the belt from) and Andrade.
          Yeah and if Kessler had offered Bute the fight in Denmark, Lucian would have signed in flash, right?

Kessler, scared. Please, Kessler has proven himself in this division 10 fold. Fighting Calzaghe and Ward in their hometown, travelling to Australia to fight Mundie and fighting undefeated Carl Froch. But yeah, he's scared of a guy who's fought nobody of note in the division. Figures.

Comment

The winner is clearly No. 1 in the division, then they should go on and fight Bute.

Comment

Originally posted by Jakutindi Wauya View Post
              Bute is good though and the winner will have to fight Bute so we can know who the best is.
              Bute hasnt got the wear and tear that Ward and Froch have,he's fresher but still we need to know who is who.
              what wear and tear are u referring to here? ward has barely lost a round since turning pro

Comment

I'd like to see Bute against both of them eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by Jakutindi Wauya View Post
                  Bute is good though and the winner will have to fight Bute so we can know who the best is.
                  Bute hasnt got the wear and tear that Ward and Froch have,he's fresher but still we need to know who is who.
                  Bute has more wear and tear than Ward...he was brutallized by Andrade...

Ward has never taken that kind of punishment.

Bute is SOFT not fresher..

Comment

Originally posted by -PANDA- View Post
                    what wear and tear are u referring to here? ward has barely lost a round since turning pro
                    That's what I was thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by voneric View Post
                      Due to the Fact Froch and Ward went thru a Process of determining the #1 Fighter at 168LB, i have to agree. However Bute will be a tough fight for either Fighter but i feel Froch is better equipped to Hurt Bute. Dont get me wrong Ward can beat Bute too but would be a points Decision, which can be subjective with a Mover like Bute. Either way it sucks Bute gets to Pass on the Tourny but still gets the Glory of being a Top Dog
                      Showtime's Ken Hershman has stated numerous times that Bute wasn't invited into the Super 6

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
                      neither one of them should have to go to canada to fight bute. thats just plain stupid u do realize that rite? anyways, theres nothing to suggest bute is stronger than either of those guys so, i think u really need to watch both of them fight. with that said, bute hasnt really beat anyone that tells me he'd beat either of them. ill just wait n see for myself.
                      1) Bute has stated more than once that he wants to fight them in either New York or Altlantic City (maybe Vegas but 2 American places)

2) Bute draws over 16K, Ward can barely draw over 4k in his hometown so it isn't outragous if they thought a fight in Montreal was more logical even though that isn't that case.

Comment

Working...
                      X