No announcement yet.

who's greater Bernard Hopkins or Roy Jones jr

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cupocity303 View Post
    Yes he lasted 15 years until age 35. That's good enough.

But I saw no credible wear and tear problems, that goes back to my "Excuses/Explanations for Roy's downfall are accepted but not for others" analogy.

He was a healthy athlete, keeping himself in shape and didn't take any beatings like other Gym rats. He simply lost a step and it was good enough to knock him out. Other fighters have lost a step but they kept winning before completely going over the hill.

People were already comparing his Tarver losses to Ali losing to Holmes and Berbick, which is ridiculous (no pun intended).

He was nowhere near the condition of a 1980's Ali or Joe Louis that lost to Marciano. But some people wanna make it seem that way.
    The only difference is the Ali could take a punch, Roy couldn't.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
      Maybe, but Hopkins sure as hell never had this associated with his name

http://www. boxing insider .com/head...sted-positive/

(remove the gaps)
      There were a bunch of PED talk regarding Hopkins last year, actually. I wouldn't be at all surprised.

Comment

• Originally posted by turbotime View Post
        There were a bunch of PED talk regarding Hopkins last year, actually. I wouldn't be at all surprised.
        lol most of it from Pascal after Hopkins had wound him up

I actually wouldn't put it past Hopkins either but it's not fair to call a man guilty when he hasn't had any tangible association with illicit substances.

Comment

• Originally posted by Malius View Post
          I have posted this before.

Bernard career = camp fire. Long, mostly consistent with occasional flickers

RJJ career = Firework display very exciting but short
          more like roy career = Titanic. a technical 'marvel' of the world but it sunk badly at the end

hopkins career = queen mary 2 ship. not quite as big or flashy but she's still chugging along

Comment

• Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
            I'll take hopkins longevity and I like his resume slightly better although you can make a case for either.

Jones in his prime was damn near unbeatable though.
            ^^^^^^^^^^^^

Comment

• realisticly jones has done more impressive things by a longshot. he's the guy that stands out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
                Man I'm not even going to say anything to you anymore because you get all and powertripping on me. Top it off you show a lot of favortism. Just being honest in what I see.
                Yet you called vitaly an ATG.

Comment

• So hard to say at this point. A couple years I would've had Roy a clear cut winner but now, I'm not so sure. Really depends on how good you think Jean Pascal is.

Comment

• Bernard is greater. Roy was more gifted.

Comment

• No comparason. Jones Jr was the NUMBER ONE P4P for years. HOP has never been #1. If you have to rely on dirty tactics to win, you can't be compared to the real best.

Comment

Working...
                      X