Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I re-watched Khan vs Peterson: WHAT A ROBBERY !!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by komodo View Post
    Yeah like he did against Castillo, Oscar and Judah just to name a few even Hatton walked him down and foced the pace for the majority of the fight infact I was shocked aginst Ortiz when he finally stood his ground. Going by your assumption that Lemont dominated because walked down his man and forced the fight is BS.
    With the exception of castillo and maybe Oscar they all cough mayweathers fight. He brought their punch outputs drastically down from what they usually are. So try again. They might have been walking toward against him but that does not mean they were imposing their will on him. Step up your boxing knowledge

Comment

With the point deductions there is simpy no way this fight was robbery.

An argument can be made for any result. It was a close fight.

Without the deductions, Khan would have won. But with them, the fight was very close.

Comment

And how anyone can say round 11 was a clear round for either of them is beyond me.

Comment

Originally posted by serpicotruth View Post
          I re-watched the Khan-Peterson fight now. When I watched it live, I felt that Khan clearly won the fight. Now (after re-watching), I scored it 115:112 for Khan and I had that score AFTER I deducted those ridiculous points. I scored 2 rounds even (10th, 11th) and even if I would have given those rounds to Peterson, I would still have Khan winning by 1 point.
          Anybody who comes on a boxing forum and wants to tell me that Peterson deserved to win that fight, doesnt know anything about boxing or he hates Khan so much that he cant give him the rounds he won.
          Bottom line is I gave Khan 7 rounds, scored 2 rounds even and gave Peterson 3 rounds. NO WAY DID PETERSON WIN THIS FIGHT.
          Here is my score:

Round 1: 10-8 Khan
          Round 2: 10-9 Khan
          Round 3: 9-10 Peterson
          Round 4: 10-9 Khan
          Round 5: 10-9 Khan
          Round 6: 10-9 Khan
          Round 7: 8-10 Peterson (Point Deduction)
          Round 8: 9-10 Peterson
          Round 9: 10-9 Khan
          Round 10:10-10 Draw
          Round 11:10-10 Draw
          Round 12: 9-9 Draw (Point Deduction; Khan won the round)

Final Score: 115:112 Khan

Without the point deductions, I have Khan winning 117:112
          Try watching it without your Beer Goggles on

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
            Too many draw rounds on your card.

Draw rounds are a rare occurrence in boxing.

Had Peterson winning round 4 and round 11

Definite argument for Lamont winning.

Plus the KD in round 1 was BS.
            That was exactly what I thought when I read that.

Comment

Originally posted by Easy-E View Post
              Regardless if you agree with the outcome or not, last night proved one thing.
              Amir Khan simply isn't as good as everyone thought he was.
              With the way he was favored? Definitely.

But last night proved two things, 1. What you said, and 2. Peterson is better than what we thought he was, and we should give Bradley more credit for that win.

Comment

rounds 10 and 11 were the 2 close ones for me. if i gave them both to khan i would have had it 113-112 khan. but i gave peterson the 10th so i had it 113-112 peterson. not a robbery or a bad decision. i could see a 113-112/114-111 and anything in between for either guy

the only bad card i've seen for this fight is the judge who had it 115-110 for khan

Comment

Eliminating the knockdown and the point deductions my scorecard looks like this:
                  Khan - Peterson
                  10-9
                  10-9
                  9-10
                  9-10
                  10-9
                  10-9
                  9-10
                  9-10
                  10-9
                  9-10
                  10-9
                  10-9

115-113 for Amir Khan

I had Khan by 2 points. I removed the point deductions and the knockdown called by the ref to eliminate [controversial] factors, and merely to judge the round at its core. This leaves us with a fairly close fight in itself, which is why I don't think it was a "robbery" (not in the NSB sense of the word) although I had Khan winning. Should also add, I only watched the fight once (just now), I'm not sure if my card changes after a second look, but right now I have 115-113 for Khan.

And I'm not sure if this had already been mentioned or not, but am I the only one who saw flashes of a prime Margarito in Peterson. I know just the thought sounds shocking, but the way he was walking Khan down, getting him on the ropes, throwing hooks and uppercuts and literally running at him in spots, I remember him doing it clearly in round 11...maybe just me.

And I have to give Lamont his due, when I watched the Ortiz fight for the second time, I just didn't think he'd pose that big a problem for Khan. But he was damn strong in there too, he looked like the strongest 140 pounder in the division that night. He gave us a show, they both did, good night of boxing
                  Last edited by SCEN3RY; 12-11-2011, 08:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                    That was exactly what I thought when I read that.
                    nothing wrong with scoring 2 rounds a draw. Actually Khan was closer to getting those rounds on my scorecard than Peterson.
                    But to make my scorecard as fair as possible, I dont score rounds for a certain fighter when I dont know for sure who won them because they were so even.

Comment

I think what a lot of you need to note is you can not go to a guys hometown & spend half the fight literally running for your life and expect to win a decision in a close fight.

Peterson was the aggressor, he outlanded Khan, he did the cleaner & more effective work.

The point deductions, ffs, how about the bull**** knockdown in the first that gave Khan a 10-8 round? Or the fact he was warned at least half a dozen times for use of elbows, heads & pushing, not to mention the sucker punches after the referee had clearly shouted to stop boxing.

Comment

Working...
                      X