Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Carl Froch receive fair officiating in the USA fighting an American Andre Ward?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First of all, overall, I trust American officiating.

However, given their respective styles, I think Ward's style is much more appreciated in USA than Froch's "gutsy" kind of fighting.

Comment

Froch needs to win EVERY round convincigly......and it still wouldnt be enough for victory.

Comment

I love all boxing styles and great American fighters and even the ones that some would say are boring like Hopkins but Ward is not good for boxing...He's nothing special,the only fight I enjoyed with him was the Abraham fight because Abraham was far too strong for him to clinch.,I have nothing against him if he doesn't spoil(Hopkins is an old man,he has a reason to spoil) No young up and coming fighter will be remembered great fighting the way ward does.. he's just someone that exploits referees and other technical things .. can you imagine him in 10 years time

Comment

Originally posted by BartBears View Post
          Froch needs to win EVERY round convincigly......and it still wouldnt be enough for victory.
          Originally posted by PrinceNaz88 View Post
          I think Froch will need to stop him regardless.

Just can't see him dominating 12 rounds from start to finish. No chance does he get a close decision in the States.
          Originally posted by William Blake View Post
          The US has a horrid history of bias toward their own fighters.

Given that Ward is a gold medal winning, undefeated, and clean-cut...I think Froch will need the knockout to win.
          Yes, Froch will need a KO to win.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
            Andre Ward has had the advantage of fighting in his home country for all his Super Six fights.

Carl Froch in contrast has had only one Super Six fight in his home country.

Is this fair?

One of the worst examples of home officiating was in the Kessler-Ward fight. Ward's home referee Jack Reiss was admonishing Kessler during the fight for no reason, while allowing Ward to deliberately headbutt, hit off the break and hit while holding. The fight ended after a blatantly deliberate headbutt from Ward that damaged Kessler's eye. Ward should have been disqualified, but the shady old Jack Reiss just smirked when he saw Kessler was in pain and sent it to the scorecards.

In the Ward-Bika fight (not a Super Six fight), the referee was allowing Ward to foul while admonishing Bika for the slightest reason. And the judges scorecards were absurdlyy wide, it was in reality a close fight. And Ward was hitting whole holding during most of the Ward-Green fight, and he was headbutting as much as he could. The referee said nothing.

Will the referee and judges be fair to Carl Froch? Will the referee permit Ward to headbutt and otherwise foul, white getting on Froches back for the slightest retaliation? If it goes to the cards, will the judges be fair?

I have a bad feeling about this.
            I wouldn't worry unless Carl Froch spends all week talking about fighting floyd mayweather. well in his case lucian bute but you get my point.

Comment

I just hope the referee won't be Jack Reiss this time.

Comment

Froch will have to KO him for a draw.

Comment

Originally posted by DiegoFuego View Post
                  The U.S. is still about 50 bad decisions away from becoming England or Germany
                  The US has had about 50 times as many bad decisions as the UK and Germany combined.

Comment

Based on officiating and judging that Ward has received as of late, I suspect Froch to have a hard time on the cards

Either way, I'm hoping that the Cobra gets a KO. That guy is beating premier opposition and won't get recognized as a top talent in the sport.

Don't worry Cobra, I see that your legit in this sport. This American supports you

Comment

Based on officiating and judging that Ward has received as of late, I suspect Froch to have a hard time on the cards

Either way, I'm hoping that the Cobra gets a KO. That guy is beating premier opposition and won't get recognized as a top talent in the sport.

Don't worry Cobra, I see that your legit in this sport. This American supports you

Comment

Working...
                      X