Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Carl Froch receive fair officiating in the USA fighting an American Andre Ward?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Carl Froch receive fair officiating in the USA fighting an American Andre Ward?

Andre Ward has had the advantage of fighting in his home country for all his Super Six fights.

Carl Froch in contrast has had only one Super Six fight in his home country.

Is this fair?

One of the worst examples of home officiating was in the Kessler-Ward fight. Ward's home referee Jack Reiss was admonishing Kessler during the fight for no reason, while allowing Ward to deliberately headbutt, hit off the break and hit while holding. The fight ended after a blatantly deliberate headbutt from Ward that damaged Kessler's eye. Ward should have been disqualified, but the shady old Jack Reiss just smirked when he saw Kessler was in pain and sent it to the scorecards.

In the Ward-Bika fight (not a Super Six fight), the referee was allowing Ward to foul while admonishing Bika for the slightest reason. And the judges scorecards were absurdlyy wide, it was in reality a close fight. And Ward was hitting whole holding during most of the Ward-Green fight, and he was headbutting as much as he could. The referee said nothing.

Will the referee and judges be fair to Carl Froch? Will the referee permit Ward to headbutt and otherwise foul, white getting on Froches back for the slightest retaliation? If it goes to the cards, will the judges be fair?

I have a bad feeling about this.
    No, he likely will not
    52.38%
    Yes, he likely will
    47.62%

The poll is expired.

Brits whining about "hometown bias"...

Comment

I don't think the fight will be close, but if it does get close, I agree. No Way Froch will get a controversial decision. Ward is the next Big thing in the US and he'd be favoured by the judges. Hopefully the referee calls a fair fight, otherwise it will be vers ugly.

Comment

I dont think Ward will need the help of the judges, but he'll get any posssible benefit of the doubt there is.

Besides the examples of Ward you've already given, Paul Williams has the same promoter. The fight with Lara, and the 1st Martinez fight when a judge had Williams winning by 119-110, and even the Cintron fight are examples of not very fair judging.

But ill state again, i highly doubt Ward will need any help

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
          Brits whining about "hometown bias"...
          I'm not British. I just believe boxers from everywhere should be treated fairly.

Comment

Ward will out-class Froch, plain and sim[ple, regardless of judging.

I am the very first to say though, Khan was straight robbed by the ref and judges last night. Even with the bulls**t point deductions, I had Khan winning 114-111.

Comment

Froch will need a KO to win.

Khan ref was a blatant CHEAT. 2 points for pushing is a complete Joke.

I predict Froch being deducted points for Rabbit punching while Ward is Headbutting.

Comment

Khan v Peterson fight has just highlighted what a difficult job Froch has. Froch will need a miracle to win on points.

Khan should never fight outside of New York, Las Vagas or UK.simple

Comment

Khan v Peterson fight has just highlighted what a difficult job Froch has. Froch will need a miracle to win on points.

Khan should never fight outside of New York, Las Vagas or UK.simple

Comment

Froch: ''Ref, he's headbutting me non stop!''

Ref: ''Look, he's a black American, he can do whatever he wants. I'm gonna take 3pts off you just for querying.''

Comment

Working...
                    X