Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vitali Klitschko vs Joe Louis - Who wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
    [FONT="Tahoma"][COLOR="Navy"]
    You're basing his skills against fighters with no skills or stamina. And Vitaly doesn't have great head or upper body movement.
    Again, there is no need for upper body movement.

And as I said in the post above, the argument that his opposition sucks is only gonna get you so far, HE IS DOMINATING THEM REGARDLESS, not edging out close decisions.

Hence why you have to nitpick on the few mistakes he did make to base your points on. In which case I come back and destroy any ATG you have in mind, by pointing out all of their mistakes against smaller, weaker, suckier opposition. And round and round the circle we go.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Invincible View Post
      Would you also want a list of how many times I've completely owned you in this thread? I don't make lists because morons ask me to. Havn't you figured that out yet genius? Honestly I'm kinda embarrassed for myself for continuing to write you back. Maybe I should ignore your ******ity as well.

Oh, and I'll give you every point I have on here if you can produce a real quote of me ever saying Hears was an inside fighter, etc. etc..
      Hence, me saying you have mistaken me for somebody else, ******.

Oh, and I'm still waiting on you looking into the reading comprehension classes. You need it severely.
      You didn't make a list because you never had one to make list. You lied in the same way you lied about Rid**** Bowe getting knocked out in headgear by Lewis. You obviously never saw the fight. Keep talking. This is comedy. Or maybe you can quit on your stool....I mean...put me on ignore like you claimed you would
      Last edited by joseph5620; 12-16-2011, 10:51 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
        Yeah Bryd was so out of it he backed VK up and made him quit .This is what annoys me about his fans like you .You rewrite history and downplay the accomplishments of ATG great fighters because you have no basis for for Vitali being one. Bottom line is VK lost to the two best fighters he fought and his biggest win is to a fighter that lost to Chad Dawson.That's not ATG material . Deal with it.
        Way to simplify the argument to fit your narrative. But it's more of pot calling the kettle black.

You disrespect Vitali's skills by downplaying his entire opposition (best win vs the guy who lost to Dawson < not true), and your tough looking Black and white Television fighting ATG's are gonna get shat on just the same. Fight fire with fire.

Comment

• Originally posted by House of Stone View Post
          To claim that your guy is the greatest ever you need to be at least able to point to a career defining fight and say wow look at my guy on that night ... nobody but nobody beats him there! Eg. Louis v Schmelling II

I think most people would agree that Vitali's defining fight was his fight against Lewis, at least it seems to be the one that all his fans continually point to. So basically he's defining fight is him putting up a decent showing for a few rounds against a good champion before being tko'd ... And these guys then claim that he is the greatest ever??? WOW just WOW.

edit i just read that last comment ... "solis would mop the floor with just about anybody on Joe Louis's resume" OMFG .... end thread before Max Baer rises from the dead to kick some ass!

How many fights does a guy have to dominate, not just win but DOMINATE to be forgiven for a past fight where he got stopped based on cuts to his face?

Why is Louis vs Schmeling a career defining fight? Because of the historical nature of it (A guy representing **** Germany Vs a Black American)?

Either way, he got knocked out and was lucky that the ****'s allowed Schmelling to go back and fight him again, to get his revenge. Klitschko never got that chance with Lewis, and he has been making up for it ever sense.

Comment

• I am ok with people calling me ****** or crazy, I think Joe Louis could win this one.

Good speed really good pop a better boxer, Vitali has power but I don't see him hitting Joe with a lot, and I think Vitali would fight different if Louis nailed him. Joe Louis could box and was athletic.

I don't see how Vit could dictate the fight all 12. Joe was a good boxer and quick as hell and he could crack on a high level.

I can see Joe winning a decision especially if it was an old school championship fight of 15 rounds.

I won't dismiss Vitali as I think he's done basically what he could against who he fought, but I can see Joe giving him a real hard time.

If it went 15, I vote Joe, goes 12, I can see Vit eeking it out or Joe winning a close one.

Both great fighters.

Kind of bitter at Vitali for skipping three years while being an emeritus champ and basically holding the division hostage.

Comment

• Originally posted by MASTERFUL View Post
              The ridiculously overrated Louis was DESTROYED by 190 lbs Schmeling and 184 lbs Marciano. He got knocked down and badly hurt by middleweights, super middleweights, light heavyweights, etc. He was knocked down, badly hurt and almost KO'd by fat midget bum Galento. He got schooled by 174 lbs Conn, if it was a 12 round fight, Louis would've lost a UD to a 174 lbs bum.

Vitali EASILY DESTROYS Louis.

FACTS about Vitali Klitschko

- WBC Heavyweight Champion of the world

- All Time Great and Hall Of Famer

- Has never truly lost

- There is no blueprint to beat him

- He is unbeatable

- He is the most dominant fighter of all time

- He has dominated every opponent he has ever faced

- 45 have tried and 45 have been dominated

- Has never been behind on the scorecards at the end of a fight

- Has never been knocked down

- He is the most intimidating HW of all time

- Greatest Heavyweight Champ KO% of all time

- Only man ever to be world heavyweight champ in boxing and kickboxing

- Vitali was WBC and RING Undisputed HW Champ when he retired in 2004

- Vitali is 40 and is still dominating. He hasn't lost a single round in his comeback.

- Vitali beats any HW from any era.
              conn is a bum now? you suck at life...kill yourself. the myth of vitali klitschko being anything more than a perennial contender at best is a result of the weakest heavyweight era of all time.

Comment

• Originally posted by House of Stone View Post
                And I presume by solis you mean the weightwatchers reject who tripped over his own ass in the first round and couldn't get back up again cause his stomach was in the way?

I on the other hand mean the Max Baer who ko'd carnea, schmelling and griffths. The Max Baer with an iron chin and fists that sent two men to an early grave. I mean Max Baer, the former undisputed heavyweight champion of the world - how many undisputed heavyweight champs has vitali beaten?

You should learn your history kid. Insulting a fighter like Max Baer puts your opinions in perspective.
                This is more historical nonsense which has nothing to do with anything.

I hate to do this again but prime Samuel Peter or Brewster >>> Max Baer. I think both guys proved their chins vs Wlad, and both did well in the first fights. Max's power to kill men may have something to do with the lack of wrapping hands in those days, and smaller gloves.

And spare us the Undisputed crap. Times were simpler back then. You beat one guy, and you win the whole thing. It's a fallacious standard you have set on Vitali, that because he missed his first and ONLY opportunity to win the Undisputed Title, and the guy with the Undisputed Title retired, spreading all the vacant belts around as a result, therefore somehow Vitali failed by never winning a Undisputed Title. Even though he won the WBC and reclaimed the WBC again after 4 years of retirement.

It's fallacious and dishonest. You cry and complain at the lack of respect ATG's are getting, but look at your girlish ways of arguing your points, disrespecting and undermining Vitali's career because of one fight that he lost.

Comment

• Originally posted by kendom View Post
                  You really dont have much answers do you? lol you havent answered mine or Josephs question, if smaller gloves make that much difference to punching power why dont you hear accounts of this happening ALL the time in that era, why erent all the guys Louis's size breaking verterbrae and hospitalizing people for 10 days. A puch will have the same impact thrown with a small glove and a big one. The PSI will be the same, the smaller one will be more likely to cut.
                  Context, context, context. And less Legendary Tales please.

Back in those days,the safety rules weren't what they are today. There was no going to the neutral corner during a knockdown. The opponent would just stand over you, two feet away, while the ref was counting. You get up, and you get beat up some more. Stoppages didn't come by as easy either. It was the equivalent of MMA's past years of rooster fighting, before they came up with some progressive rules to make it more of a sport.

There was no big scandals of the opposite trainer catching you with illegal wraps, or taking the padding out of your glove. None of this technical stuff that's BIG NEWS now.

So when someone got killed or sent into vegetative state by another fighter, it was probably due to combination of what I just described above, and not because Max Baer or Jack Dempsey were these Monster Killers of the past that today's Fighters couldn't hold a candle to. You can spin it that way, but it doesn't make it true.

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                    Because 90% of NSB, maybe more, have never sat and watched Joe Louis fight. I guarantee that.
                    I have. And I see nothing in his arsenal or his physical makeup that would pose any problems to Vitai, at a consistent basis.

When Vitali isn't dominating fights, he also has a history of proving himself in taking a good punch, and hasn't been knocked out since. So it's fair to give him that edge, wouldn't you say? There is no basis in saying that Louis would just Ko him. Or would one dismiss that as an advantage also like we do with his dominant wins, attributing it to weak punchers, and not his toughness & great chin.

Comment

• Originally posted by realheavyhands View Post
                      THIS THREAD IS JUST DUMB.. A LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT VS A SUPER HEAVYWEIGHT...

If joe louis was 6'7 250 im taking louis
                      No, your whole premise is dumb.

Comment

Working...
                      X