Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone seen the Box Azteca broadcast of Cotto-Margarito II?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Exciterx24 View Post
    I find it very distasteful when someone from the broadcast team, which is supposed to be objective and professional, shows total bias...
    My advice, don't watch the HBO crew as well, they do it all the time. Minus Max Kellerman.

Seriously.
    Last edited by fceeviper; 12-06-2011, 10:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pacroid View Post
      Trinidad said that???
      He did bro, I'll look for the link later. It was right after the loss to Margarito.
      So did Santos.

Comment

Seriously, I don't want to throw more fuel to the fire considering the threads that have been flooding the forum these days, but I find it very distasteful when someone from the broadcast team, which is supposed to be objective and professional, shows total bias and verges on disrespectful.

I have the utmost respect for Chavez Sr. as a boxer, but I don't think JC is fit to be a commentator on these big events. Chavez, twice, called Cotto a coward just because he was cheering for Margarito and was as frustrated as he was. Then, at the end of the fight, he proceeded to make the same conspiracy theory that has been seen to the death on these forums. He said that Cotto was protected and this was a setup. The worse thing is that the rest of the team was being reasonable and accepting that Margarito had a tough road ahead and the stoppage was justified. The team also included Marco Antonio Barrera and Travieso Arce, both knowledgeable and objective in their assessment.

This is not to bash Mexico because, if anything, these commentators did a good job and the unofficial scorecard was fair also, but I think that it looks bad when you have one commentator who is biased and talking as a fan without taking into account the consequences of said comments.
        chavez sr is a cocksucker. always had been. never had any class to begin with. he should hold his son to the same standards that he has for cotto.

barrera I've heard broadcasting before, and I actually learn **** when i listen to him.

Comment

Also, watch the end of the video, when Julio JUNIOR doublespeaks for Mexican press.

When interviewed for the English broadcasts, he said that he thought it should not had been stopped, but that Cotto was winning and would win anyways.

In the Mexican broadcast, he says that he would never fight Cotto in New York, that it was a "localist" decision, that Cotto was getting tired, and that Margo's best rounds were to come. He accepted that Cotto was winning, though.

Comment

Originally posted by WombBat View Post
            Chavez is bias but what was worse was the whole HBO team and their proven bias against a certain fighter, in this case Margarito, the last time was marquez.

No one expected Margarito to outbox Cotto, we all expected him if anything to stop him the championship rounds. Honestly, the fight was a carbon copy of the first fight, so when people say ya cotto was winning, well no **** he was winning, we expected that.

But honestly, Cotto really wasnt dominating as badly as people were saying, and Cotto was on the move the whole fight, but if Margaritos punching didnt affect him why would he move so much? I also saw Margarito land a lot more than people give him credit for, people are so bias its ridiculous.

I would not say Cotto clearly won because the same thing happened in the first fight, except they didnt stop it in the 9th.
            Delusion at it's finest. If you say that enough you might actually start to believe it.

Comment

Seriously, I don't want to throw more fuel to the fire considering the threads that have been flooding the forum these days, but I find it very distasteful when someone from the broadcast team, which is supposed to be objective and professional, shows total bias and verges on disrespectful.

I have the utmost respect for Chavez Sr. as a boxer, but I don't think JC is fit to be a commentator on these big events. Chavez, twice, called Cotto a coward just because he was cheering for Margarito and was as frustrated as he was. Then, at the end of the fight, he proceeded to make the same conspiracy theory that has been seen to the death on these forums. He said that Cotto was protected and this was a setup. The worse thing is that the rest of the team was being reasonable and accepting that Margarito had a tough road ahead and the stoppage was justified. The team also included Marco Antonio Barrera and Travieso Arce, both knowledgeable and objective in their assessment.

This is not to bash Mexico because, if anything, these commentators did a good job and the unofficial scorecard was fair also, but I think that it looks bad when you have one commentator who is biased and talking as a fan without taking into account the consequences of said comments.
              Juan la Porte basically praised every little jab cotto did and never said anything about margs combos. Thats gonna happen a puerto rican commentator is gonna lean toward the rican fighter and mexican commentator same why you mad about it?

Comment

Originally posted by Cleto_Reyes View Post
                Juan la Porte basically praised every little jab cotto did and never said anything about margs combos. Thats gonna happen a puerto rican commentator is gonna lean toward the rican fighter and mexican commentator same why you mad about it?
                There is a huge difference between leaning for a fighter when you share his nationality, and insulting the opposing fighter (as he did with Cotto) and insulting the other fighter's whole nationality (as he did referring to PuertoRicans as "full of themselves" in a Juanma fight).

Also, a commentator, even when he leans for a fighter, should stick to be a commentator and not a cheerleader.

As for Junior... he's just preaching to the choir. Wonder why he won't tell the same fluff to American press?

Comment

Originally posted by Casual_Fan View Post
                  There is a huge difference between leaning for a fighter when you share his nationality, and insulting the opposing fighter (as he did with Cotto) and insulting the other fighter's whole nationality (as he did referring to PuertoRicans as "full of themselves" in a Juanma fight).

Also, a commentator, even when he leans for a fighter, should stick to be a commentator and not a cheerleader.

As for Junior... he's just preaching to the choir. Wonder why he won't tell the same fluff to American press?
                  Thanks, man. That's what I was going to reply to this other poster. I don't have to waste time on the same thing yet again.

Comment

Yeah its thanks to box Azteca that I noticed that it isnt just the mexican fans who have animosity towards rican fighters and puerto ricans in general, but their fighters(active and retired) do too.

Quite funny considering that since Wilfredo Gomez, Ive seen no rican fighter talk bad about mexican fighters or their fans

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                      You basically said "yea Chavez is biased but HBO is worse because they are biased against a mexican"
                      quit hating bro

Comment

Working...
                      X