Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone seen the Box Azteca broadcast of Cotto-Margarito II?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ELHURACAN58 View Post
    Yeah its thanks to box Azteca that I noticed that it isnt just the mexican fans who have animosity towards rican fighters and puerto ricans in general, but their fighters(active and retired) do too.

Quite funny considering that since Wilfredo Gomez, Ive seen no rican fighter talk bad about mexican fighters or their fans
    You act like all Mexican fighters talk **** about Puerto Ricans when that's not the case. There's probably still some personal animosity on Chavez's part because of his bad experiences like Rosario talking **** and even putting a santaria style voodoo curse on him, and Camacho's disco dancing diva antics.

Comment

Heres the thing , Mexican view Pr's as runners with all flash and no heart or balls to fight. As a Mexican , i disagree. Chavez quit against Oscar , morales quit against Manny Pac stuff happens . I prefer a boxer that moves in and out and stands his ground when needed, no sense in getting hit over and over again to prove a point.

Chavez was a favorite of mine a long time ago but he is a bitter man and never gives credit to those who beat him. EXample -Randall won and Chavez wanted to sue Richard Steele for the defeat m which is odd cause it was Steele who saved him from defeat against Taylor and blamed his corner for stopping fight with Oscar when it was obvious that Chavez made the decision to quit.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobo View Post
        Heres the thing , Mexican view Pr's as runners with all flash and no heart or balls to fight. As a Mexican , i disagree. Chavez quit against Oscar , morales quit against Manny Pac stuff happens . I prefer a boxer that moves in and out and stands his ground when needed, no sense in getting hit over and over again to prove a point.

Chavez was a favorite of mine a long time ago but he is a bitter man and never gives credit to those who beat him. EXample -Randall won and Chavez wanted to sue Richard Steele for the defeat m which is odd cause it was Steele who saved him from defeat against Taylor and blamed his corner for stopping fight with Oscar when it was obvious that Chavez made the decision to quit.
        Good post, this is what it's all about in a nutshell.

Comment

Good post.

I remember JCC getting stopped by Wily (sp?) and then having his son JCC, Jr. get revenge for him. I'm like, dude...c'mon. That wasn't necessary. We all knew you were past your prime by then, we forgive you. Even when you fought Oscar, we forgive you.

It's kind of like now with the JCC,Jr./De la Hoya rumors. I'm like, "Really, Julio, Sr? You want to get derive satisfaction for Oscar beating you past your prime by having your SON call out a fighter who was stopped in the last fight of his career and has been retired for THREE YEARS? Really...?"

C'mon, man...let it go.

Comment

Originally posted by Casual_Fan View Post
            There is a huge difference between leaning for a fighter when you share his nationality, and insulting the opposing fighter (as he did with Cotto) and insulting the other fighter's whole nationality (as he did referring to PuertoRicans as "full of themselves" in a Juanma fight).

Also, a commentator, even when he leans for a fighter, should stick to be a commentator and not a cheerleader.

As for Junior... he's just preaching to the choir. Wonder why he won't tell the same fluff to American press?
            ^^^This is what ticks me off about JCC Chávez. It's called projection. It's a defense mechanism. Maybe SOME fighters all full of themselves but to say like they all are is ignorant. Who knows? Maybe HE was full of himself when he was fighting back then. He got some shady ass decisions and calls throughout his career.

He was a hell of a fighter, no doubt. But he should tone it down when downplaying Puerto Rico.

I'd pay to hear someone like Tito and Chávez commentating a PR/Mexican fight side-by-side.

Comment

Originally posted by TintaBoricua View Post
              Good post.

I remember JCC getting stopped by Wily (sp?) and then having his son JCC, Jr. get revenge for him. I'm like, dude...c'mon. That wasn't necessary. We all knew you were past your prime by then, we forgive you. Even when you fought Oscar, we forgive you.

It's kind of like now with the JCC,Jr./De la Hoya rumors. I'm like, "Really, Julio, Sr? You want to get derive satisfaction for Oscar beating you past your prime by having your SON call out a fighter who was stopped in the last fight of his career and has been retired for THREE YEARS? Really...?"

C'mon, man...let it go.
              He lost against Willy Wise. Chavez was legit, tenacious and dedicated . He was a machine but was susceptible to being out-boxed.

Comment

He lost against Willy Wise. Chavez was legit, tenacious and dedicated . He was a machine but was susceptible to being out-boxed.
                Grover Wiley. I have that fight.

Comment

Chavez Sr holds nothing back. Don't hate the playa.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                    Chavez Sr holds nothing back. Don't hate the playa.
                    this puto ricans are still but hurt till this day that he raped all the ricans they put infront of him. The best line he has said was during the juanma salido fight I believe he said. "ese juanma se me ase muy creido muy presumido como todos los puertoriquenos." lol that had me rolling for days. But what are people complaining about they are a brodcast team for mexico in which they cheer for their own all countrys do it except the america bc it is the melting pot.

Comment

Originally posted by hkp30l View Post
                      Delusion at it's finest. If you say that enough you might actually start to believe it.
                      lol ok.....

Comment

Working...
                      X