No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roy Jones Jr. Live Chat, Weigh-In Stream, PPV Info

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
    I can't stand Roy Jones continuing to fight. Does the guy have no family who plead him to hang em up? I think I am more hurt than his family members, seeing him lose the way he does nowadays. Oh well.
    His daddy threw him into a kennel with a pitbull when RJJ wasn't even a teenager yet. The rope ladder drill where football players get popped with a dummy after high stepping the last row; well Roy Senior's "dummy" was replaced by a 1 inch thick pipe straight to RJJ's chins. So in other words, the psychological abuse (never mind physical) by Senior would take a reincarnation and two more lifetimes to unwind. Sad but true and we're all seeing it play out with these unnecessary beatings from Tarver II to present day. Very sad indeed b/c this is the classic case of figuratively and almost literally speaking, "self mutilation" aka self-injury disorder!

Comment

Have a safe victory!!

Comment

RJJ knows he's done, he just refuses to call it quits. Please stop and stick to commentating fights. One of the ATG but this is getting ridiculous regardless of how bad his opponent is.

Comment

Originally posted by tomatocantender View Post
          His daddy threw him into a kennel with a pitbull when RJJ wasn't even a teenager yet. The rope ladder drill where football players get popped with a dummy after high stepping the last row; well Roy Senior's "dummy" was replaced by a 1 inch thick pipe straight to RJJ's chins. So in other words, the psychological abuse (never mind physical) by Senior would take a reincarnation and two more lifetimes to unwind. Sad but true and we're all seeing it play out with these unnecessary beatings from Tarver II to present day. Very sad indeed b/c this is the classic case of figuratively and almost literally speaking, "self mutilation" aka self-injury disorder!
          To be honest I am comfortable with his losses against Tarver, Johnson, and Calzaghe. The time he shoulda hang them up was after he stopped Jeff Lacy. It would have been a great close to a great career and top 30 ATG. He would have retired 54-4[Not counting the DQ] and everybody knew the Jones that fought Johnson and Calzaghe was completely shot, and the Jones that fought Tarver was past prime. Now, take a look at the name of his upcoming PPV...Resurrection? What does that tell you, he wants to use this performance, to say i'm back! I hope i'm wrong though.

Comment

I hate you Ustream, $9.95!!!!!!!! It should be freaking free - what bullsh*it!!

Comment

Originally posted by tomatocantender View Post
              this isn't true.... is it?

Comment

lol, this guys been a professional boxer since before i was born, i actually wanna buy it just so i can say i saw someone die in the ring

Comment

He a grown man and doing what he loves to do. He will leave when he wants to leave. Roy pretty much said in the numerous interviews that he will call it day if he loses. He also said he tweeked his game to how he used to train when he was on the come up. It might be a little too late for that but at least he knows now he no longer the same fighter he was and he has to adjust his game.

Check out the interview he did with Max Kellerman's radio show 3 days ago.

Comment

Originally posted by b morph View Post
                    lol, this guys been a professional boxer since before i was born, i actually wanna buy it just so i can say i saw someone die in the ring

Grow up you acting very immature show some respect. You might not like Jones inside the ring now, but he a good person outside the ring and does good things for the community for boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by AL YANKAB*TCH View Post
                      this isn't true.... is it?
                      http://articles.latimes.com/1994-11-...1_roy-jones-jr

Here's your article above. It was written by (Los Angeles Times Staff Writer) Chris Dufresne in November '04 around the RJJ/Toney fight. In the article you'll explicitly read about the "pipe" abuse and you'll also get an intimate insight into RJJ saying that he contemplated "suicide" to escape the father's psychological wrath. Now as for the "pitbull" thing, this was also a revelation that RJJ brought up, I believe, around the move to HW against Ruiz, including how Senior shot the family dog in front of the kids (for no good reason) to get them mentally tough etc.

No matter which way you slice it, I don't think it takes a rocket scientist to uncover the demons, suicidal thought processes, and child abuse that RJJ went through and to correlate over to present day "self injury disorder."

Comment

Working...
                      X