Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boxingfan76 View Post
    great post .
    Edgarg, If the lab tests show such minimal trace amounts of Paster,
    Why was the Tainer Suspended from Boxing for Life??? He lost his means of making a living, Shouldn't he be reinstated?
    ask Arum to hire Petrocelli, to help the trainer get his license back!!!

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
      LEAD, I understand your comment and respect your feeling, but it is just a feeling. Because nobody believed him is no answer. At least all of the Commission believed him, and they're the ones who best know what actually occurred, and what part Margarito played. They would not have penalised Margarito at all, except their Rules mandated that Margarito was liable for penalty.

They specifically stated that they were satisfied that he was not aware of the illegal pads, but he was being penalised because "you are the head of team". What could be clearer than that??
      This was their legal ruling, issued in a legal manner, and couched in legal language. As I've said, I read the the official Comission document, with the original details in full, the Commission decision, their denial of the appeal, and their reasons for it.

Nothing could be clearer.

My own logic, because of the wild outpourings, such as "bricks" plaster, (which I KNEW, from the Cleveland Williams experiment to be useless) and my own opinon of Nazeem Richardson from when he tried to accuse Trinidad of criminality, plus common sense, made me doubt the wild stories from the very beginning. I am a ***, very well versed in the history of my people, and there's nothing I hate more than "scapegoating". I've been an innocent scapegoat myself. And I would suspect that all ***s who feel their ***ishness (because some feel less ***ish than others) would have the same outlook....like Arum for instance, for whom so many have such an unreasoning and pointless hatred. The horrific lynchings in the 20's and 30's in the US, gave me the same outrage.

As you know, since this "plaster' thing erupted, I have been totally against uncritically condemning Margarito and Capetillo until I was satisfied that all the available TRUE facts were on view. In my time, I have seen too many who have been condemned and penalised when absolutely innocent of anything, just by being there.

My late father G-D Bless him, as a little boy, lived in a very persecuted community in Latvia, (as they all were then) in those days part of Czarist Russia. And he was one of the little boys who would be out on watch at the outskirts, for the "Cossacken", as any drunken *** hating mob was called, so that the rest could be warned in time to get to previously prepared hiding places, to avoid ****, torture and murder. So I, like so many others, grew up with a strong detestation for any unreasoning hatred and condemnation. Especially without proper proof.

And as far as I could see, none was presented in BoxingScene posts in this case. And as it actually emerged, the illegal pads that were found before the Mosley scrap could not have damaged anyone. So nobody really knows what Capetillo expected them to do. My "oddball" suggestion that it was an old superstition, is as good as any.

I know you don't agree with me but in this post I've been very open and frank to you, because you always express such very strong views, but this time treated my post with the respect that one boxing enthusiast extends to another. People can always agree to disagree and if done with respect, it's sometimes astonishing what insights can emerge. I've learnt much from some of the good posters here, which is why I stay, otherwise wading through all the drek would be too much for me.

And a good exchange of posts, even in dispute, is always enjoyable.
      OK, maybe you have access to better info then I do, because I did not think that the commission "were satisfied that he was not aware of the illegal pads"..... I thought that it may have been more accurate to suggest that the commission could not prove that he was aware of the illegal pads..... whereas, you make it sound like they exonerated him.

If it was a penalty, for penalty's sake, then why did they give him 12+ months instead of a token 3 months or something?

Either way, his career is tainted, because some still suspect that he loaded his gloves against Cotto, and Cintron for that matter, and I am one of them.

He is in the same boat as Pacquiao to me.

One thing you do not do in boxing, is mess with your gloves, period..... and the one thing you do not do in sport, is obstruct or refuse random blood tests..... both those guys have question marks over their careers now.

You see, I do not feel compelled in any way to "give someone a break"...... not to anyone, for any reason.

*** em, nobody gets a break, if you screw up and become associated with glove loading or anything else that is distasteful, then you need to leave..... the sport is bigger than you, it will simply move on. History is full of fighters who would have benefited if someone had "given them a break".

Point in case, *** Pacquiao, because Freddie Roach admitted back in 2009 that some people would "naturally find it su****ious" when Manny refused the tests..... so hard luck for Pac, what did he expect.

In the very worst case scenario (which is highly unlikely imo), Margarito could be a victim..... well, hard luck for him for being in the wrong place at the wrong time..... that is just hard luck. The sport of boxing cannot make exceptions, it cannot "give you a break", whether you deserve it or not.

I am not saying his entire career is down the toilet, just that.....
      * he cheated against Mosley, no question, because at least one glove had been wrapped prior to Richardson's intervention
      * he could also have cheated against Cotto
      * he could also have cheated in earlier fights, such as Cintron

Comment

^^^ ***** aint even about PAC but dude have pac's nutts all in his mouth lol.. must have a big mouth to fit floyd and pac's nutts at once lol..

Comment

Originally posted by PACsmash View Post
          ^^^ ***** aint even about PAC but dude have pac's nutts all in his mouth lol.. must have a big mouth to fit floyd and pac's nutts at once lol..
          Smarten up fanboy, it was a justifiable comparison.

Comment

Originally posted by LeadUppercut View Post
            Smarten up fanboy, it was a justifiable comparison.
            says the guy that have a whole bunch of stuff on manny for his sig. LOL!! thats the definition of a fanboy, when u go out of your way to put ***** about a fighter that u dislike on your sig!!! thats what fanboy do, a real fan would just say im not a fan of him and let it be, but a fanboy goes out of his way to try and prove his hate for someone he doesnt like by putting stuff about that person on his sig. ssssmart move!

Comment

Originally posted by x3_bazooka_x3 View Post
              Speaking of the plaster account with the Mosley fight, HBO not only exposed what that "Crack" was in Margaritos wraps from the Cotto fight which we know was either a black sharpie or a thread.

But during the interview with former trainer Capetillo the story is told as to what happend that night and actually translated correctly and having that re translated by my brother in law who is Mexican to the bone I have to admit the findings in what he says are surprising....

and I am shocked that the media has not reported his entire account of that night they only took bits and pieces had they reported what actually went down from his side of the story as HBO did, I do not believe this would have been as big of news as it turned out to be, and I also believe that is why Margarito was not banned for life

But Zook, here's the thing. You say HBO "exposed" the black sharpie/black thread on Margarito's gloves, but the only guys reporting that it's a black sharpie/black thread are a few guys running around NSB. HBO doesn't co-sign this.

In order for HBO to expose something, they would have to support the claim as well, right?

Heck, Margarito/Capetillo don't even say it's a black thread or sharpie, but we have guys on NSB saying it is.

Comment

Originally posted by jbpanama View Post
                Edgarg, If the lab tests show such minimal trace amounts of Paster,
                Why was the Tainer Suspended from Boxing for Life??? He lost his means of making a living, Shouldn't he be reinstated?
                ask Arum to hire Petrocelli, to help the trainer get his license back!!!
                The Commish took the Trainers License away over a Non Issue???

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
                  But Zook, here's the thing. You say HBO "exposed" the black sharpie/black thread on Margarito's gloves, but the only guys reporting that it's a black sharpie/black thread are a few guys running around NSB. HBO doesn't co-sign this.

In order for HBO to expose something, they would have to support the claim as well, right?

Heck, Margarito/Capetillo don't even say it's a black thread or sharpie, but we have guys on NSB saying it is.
                  Watch that episode again HBO tells his version of the story as well, He arrived late to the mosley fight, grabbed a set of gauze that were already there on the table.

Capetillo took responsibility because he wrapped Tonys hands, he accepted his guilt for being what he said "******" basically for being caught sleeping at the wheel

My question is where did those gauze come from? California does not supply gauze and tape as does NY and Vegas..... who put them there? ****m? GBP? Perhaps they were used in a fight from the undercard? where did those wraps come from?

There is no way Capetillo could answer what that was in the picture they showed him, but I bet you if they showed him these photos he would clearly say the same thing....

My kids fighting saturday I will have the inspector use the sharpie in the same manner and we will look at pics to see

Comment

Originally posted by x3_bazooka_x3 View Post
                    Watch that episode again HBO tells his version of the story as well, He arrived late to the mosley fight, grabbed a set of gauze that were already there on the table.

Capetillo took responsibility because he wrapped Tonys hands, he accepted his guilt for being what he said "******" basically for being caught sleeping at the wheel

My question is where did those gauze come from? California does not supply gauze and tape as does NY and Vegas..... who put them there? ****m? GBP? Perhaps they were used in a fight from the undercard? where did those wraps come from?

There is no way Capetillo could answer what that was in the picture they showed him, but I bet you if they showed him these photos he would clearly say the same thing....

My kids fighting saturday I will have the inspector use the sharpie in the same manner and we will look at pics to see

It's one of the biggest fights of Marg's career and you think Capetillo becomes an amateur over night?

Not only that but the gauze had a huge pink stain on the knuckle. Anyone could take one look at those gauze and realize they were pre-used.

Then you ask where did the wraps come from? They came from going upside Cotto's head, that's where.

I get it. We can debate this for years man. I just find it hard to believe that GB, ****m, the commission, and the media would all be in cahoots to set Marg up.
                    Last edited by BoxingGenius27; 12-05-2011, 04:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PACsmash View Post
                      says the guy that have a whole bunch of stuff on manny for his sig. LOL!! thats the definition of a fanboy, when u go out of your way to put ***** about a fighter that u dislike on your sig!!! thats what fanboy do, a real fan would just say im not a fan of him and let it be, but a fanboy goes out of his way to try and prove his hate for someone he doesnt like by putting stuff about that person on his sig. ssssmart move!
                      Go drown yourself ***go7.

That hypejob tried to set my boy up, so I will say whatever I like, and guess what..... Pacquiao ended up getting yet another boxing lesson.

Now, here is what a childish fanboy does......

* He makes a username on a boxing website that matches his idol
                      * he puts up posters, buys t-shirts, and likely has the latest manny-doll
                      * he exaggerates his pedigree, often to a ridiculous degree
                      * he will defend him valiantly until the end, regardless as to the facts, and regardless as to how ****** it makes him look

You can leave now.

Comment

Working...
                      X