No announcement yet.

If Margarito did use illegal wraps in the first fight,

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by edgarg View Post
    Margarito didn't fight even in Mexico, for the whole year, and even longer, of the ban, when he was being offered well paid fights. He honoured the ban.

The Commission didn't give him the 1 year ban because they couldn't pin anything on him. They EXPRESSLY said, that they found that he knew nothing about the wraps, but the 1 year ban was because " he was the head of the team" and should have known. LOOK IT UP. I don't need to look it up. Go ahead. But look in the right places not the sensational scandal mongers. You seem to be a computer guy who can find anything, which I must say I'm not, so seldom resort to internet. I go on my memory which is excellent, although I occasionally slip up over a date or so. But never over reported facts I have read. i won't go into why.

This wonderful relationship that Arum and Jerry Jones developed was strictly because Arum needed an arena in a state where he was offered a licence, and this was a state-of-the-art structure, nearly as much of an attraction as the fight itself and Jones was looking for business. That sort of "relationship" always develops between big movers who hope to make money from each other. it's strictly business "schtik". So far, that wonderful relationship hasn't blossomed into "love" but the possibility is always there, if and when Arum needs a venue.

All the rest of your post seems to me to be speculation and personal feelings which, I must say, you allow to get the better of you. I also thought you were a good poster, and am more than surprised at the direction our difference of opinions have gone. Your posting my comments with your signature was obviously some sort of threat.

Let's quit it, shall we??
    Did it ever cross your mind that the reason Margarito didn't fight for a year is because he just got smashed by Mosley? It takes time to recover from beatings, which is perfectly normal. I think the commission suspends fighters that win their bout for 6 months, let alone someone that took a beating. You making Margarito out to be this saint honoring the commission is comical.

It had nothing to do with Margarito being honorable. If he was being honorable, then he wouldn't be fighting at all. But hey, why should he even have to be honorable, when according to you, he did nothing wrong in the first place. I mean hey, plaster turns into powder when you punch right?

Yeah, you're right, let's quit it.

Comment

• Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
      Did it ever cross your mind that the reason Margarito didn't fight for a year is because he just got smashed by Mosley? It takes time to recover from beatings, which is perfectly normal. I think the commission suspends fighters that win their bout for 6 months, let alone someone that took a beating. You making Margarito out to be this saint honoring the commission is comical.

It had nothing to do with Margarito being honorable. If he was being honorable, then he wouldn't be fighting at all. But hey, why should he even have to be honorable, when according to you, he did nothing wrong in the first place. I mean hey, plaster turns into powder when you punch right?

Yeah, you're right, let's quit it.
      You do not know Tony as a person so you cant pass that judgement ask anybody here who has met Tony or crossed paths with him, he is one of the nicest people you will come to meet.

He was honoring the commission he stayed out of the game for a year he did not have to wait.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinkivory View Post
        This is a post that one of Marg's fan wrote yesterday, clearly he is saying it is a threat from someones shirt

MePunchHard
        Up and Comer

Bank: 0.00
        Total Points: 10,001,823.23
        Donate

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If it's a crack right through the gauze, how come it's over top of the tape that they place between the knuckles (that I've outlined here). It's a thread from some ones shirt or the liner of the gloves. This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1069x513 and weights 326KB.

That doesn't prove his wraps weren't loaded, but that isn't a crack/rip in the gauze.

and the un-outlined pic
        Thats what he is saying but that doesnt mean its the truth, listen if more of you so called experts actually got your sorry asses to the gym and trained for a bit and actually used surgical gauze to work out you would know what that is I can tell you just by looking, the picture that has been around for three years was what ****ed me up cus from that angle I couldnt tell you what it was, But HBO releasing this footage is a huge help to solve this.

Once seeing that I am now further convinced that Margarito has been railroaded here.

Comment

• Originally posted by x3_bazooka_x3 View Post

Once seeing that I am now further convinced that Margarito has been railroaded here.
          OK Alex Jones... it was conspiracy because Margarito was about to run for President in Mexico and they had to bring him down...

WHY would he be railroaded?? It's BAD for Boxing to have had this scandal... WHY would a man like Arum, rich and educated allow his money to be messed with and NOT refute a terrible decision by the commission??

Admit it... YOU are in denial.

Comment

• Originally posted by LaMigra View Post
            OK Alex Jones... it was conspiracy because Margarito was about to run for President in Mexico and they had to bring him down...

WHY would he be railroaded?? It's BAD for Boxing to have had this scandal... WHY would a man like Arum, rich and educated allow his money to be messed with and NOT refute a terrible decision by the commission??

Admit it... YOU are in denial.
            that kid does look like h-town.

Comment

• Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
              that kid does look like h-town.
              ;-P He is my son. I was taggin his mom's asswhole and somehow my dirty balls made contact with her snatch and the rest is history. He was unwanted but we made the best with his little chubby ass.

Comment

• Cotto took to many left hooks to the body and uppercuts during the fight. Plaster or no plaster that is a recipe for disaster.

Margo is going to fight the same way. It is up to Cotto to have a better game plan with holding, body attack and more jabs.

During the Mosley fight Margo was hurt to the body during the whole fight. Don't know if Cotto can do what Mosley did cause Cotto doesn't have Mosley's right hand and speed.

Comment

• Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
                  Let's put it this way guys.

Who's going to get more time in prison.

Someone who plans to rob a store or someone who actually robs the store. Someone who plans to commit murder or someone who goes through with the homicide?

Answer the above questions and you'll answer why the Margarito and Resto cases don't compare.

Answer the above questions and you'll answer why Margarito only got suspended a year instead of life.

On one hand you have someone who was caught AFTER giving an armed assault (resto). On the other hand you have someone who was caught BEFORE he can give the assault (Margarito). That's the difference.

You guys should be ashamed of yourselves making me put this in kiddy terms.

I mean I know I have one guy calling his community center some elite boxing club, but still he can't be that ignorant. Well, can he?
                  Without having an argument about it, allow me to point out that something which was classed as illegal had already been done, and they "caught" the perpetrator(s). Anyway, on another point, a sentence depends, in my opinion, on the gravity of the offense, on the instructions given by the judge. Also, the subjective feelings of the judge, or/and the jury.

If the case had, miraculously, gone to trial, the judge might point out that the defendants were there, not because they attempted to commit a crime, but because they had already committed one, which was "dangerously loading" a boxing wrap, with the intention to commit bodily harm on an innocent opponent. Something like that I would say. Anyway, if found guilty, they would surely get either gaol or a suspended sentence with much community service. I think gaol.

But the FBI (I believe) lab proved there was nothing there other than a used, otherwise harmless boxing pad. This was certainly backed up by the succeeding events, and I've made no speculative comments at all.

It mainly showed a Commission who had been guilty of making a huge fuss over a minor infraction, and embarrassment that a Commission member had signed off on the wrapping already, so took a face saving decision to permanently ban an uninfluential trainer-but only in the US- and give only a "slap on the wrist" to the guy who was supposed to be in charge because he was so obviously innocent.

Allow me my opinions. And let this be the finish of this foolish and degrading dispute.

Comment

• Originally posted by LaMigra View Post

I think they should do more to clear his name but the way Margarito and Arum are looking at it **** California move on... and they have, ask yourself this if that evidence was that strong why is NY worried about the eye and not looking at what happend in California?
                    NY is a commission who stripped Evander of his license to save him from himself so why are they giving consideration to someone who is suspect? especially being that this is the same state as Resto vs Collins?

Originally posted by TOBYLEE1 View Post
                    Cotto took to many left hooks to the body and uppercuts during the fight. Plaster or no plaster that is a recipe for disaster.

if you watch that fight you see how hard he was banging that body, yet no broken ribs, if there was plaster one would have broke

Comment

• Originally posted by x3_bazooka_x3 View Post

if you watch that fight you see how hard he was banging that body, yet no broken ribs, if there was plaster one would have broke
                      What are you talking about?

According to Edgard, plaster turns to powder when hit by a boxer.

Which one is it fellas. Is plaster breaking bones or turning into powder?

You guys sound like Team Margarito; just can't get it together.

Comment

Working...
                      X