Collapse
No announcement yet.

Defensive Boxing Is Useless In Real Life

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boxing is the noble art and a gentleman's game, MMA is just thuggery. Although it's not street fighting - no headbutting, gouging, grabbing genitals, biting or kicking on the ground. But in truth a world class boxer is going to finish a street fight before any of that or MMA wrestling/submission stuff comes into play.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rassclot View Post
      I would knock Mayweather out cold in real life.

Dude can't shoulder roll his way out of a shirt grab and 3 concussive straight rights in a row.

I'm 6'1 and 220 lbs of shredded diesel. I would beat him like I beat your mother.
      Anybody who thinks Floyd would fight for free in a street fight doesn't know shit about boxing.

Comment

• I dont advocate street fighting, especially if youre a boxer, but the many street fights I have been because of some drunk ******* who thinks he can box just cuz, usually ends up with me not throwing one punch, and they are usually on the ground. dont tell me defense and shoulder rolling doesnt work. sometimes i think these clowns have never even been involved in a street fight. its not hard to make another guy miss and trip over his untrained uncoordinated feet. lol at these fools who think boxing is useless on the street...

Comment

• I didn't know boxing was fictional.

Comment

• many boxers are hood *****s who started fighting on the streets

boxing has only improved their punching

I'd take the pro boxer over the toughest man on the block

Comment

• Try and punch a defensive boxer in the face. I think people ignore how a defensive fighter can limit the angles you have to work with ( thus making your punches more predictable) with their foot movement alone.

Putting all of that to the side, a defensive boxer has greater offensive than the average thug (you). I doubt you'd even be able to follow their punch, there's a huge gap between looping punches and punches that come straight down the middle.

Comment

• you know what happens when you try to pull guard in a street fight???
                you get your head stomped in

you wanna make a triangle attempt in a street fight??? 3 guys out of no where Head stomp!

..defensive fighting in a street fight is ...you throw that punch from the other side of the street and boom one smooth counter its night night..

then again you can avoid brute force at all causes..unless it gets down to that.

Comment

• Originally posted by PistolPat View Post
                  MMA is just as useless in real life lol if you think mad mma skills will help. I can't remember the last time I saw a fair one on one fight it just doesn't happen in the street. Also boxing fans watch boxing to see boxers put their boxing skills up against other boxers, not to see a close assimilation of real life combat.

1- in real life first hit can mean everything
                  2- all types of objects in the surrounding location can be used as a weapon or they could already be carrying one
                  3- fight can break out at any moment you may get hit from the back without time to retaliate
                  4- If that person has mates around they will not stand around to referee the match, they will beat your ass

Could go on and on, but my point is, if you think mma is like real life combat your kidding yourself, in real life there are no rules anything goes and anything can happen. Even if you beat the guy you could get charged with assault & battery and the guy you beat up could end up being the winner lol.
                  Why do you talk like MMA is a Martial Art? It's called Mixed Martial Arts Boxing being an aspect

Comment

• Originally posted by major handz View Post
                    you know what happens when you try to pull guard in a street fight???
                    you get your head stomped in

you wanna make a triangle attempt in a street fight??? 3 guys out of no where Head stomp!

..defensive fighting in a street fight is ...you throw that punch from the other side of the street and boom one smooth counter its night night..

then again you can avoid brute force at all causes..unless it gets down to that.
                    I genuinely don't understand a word of what you just said...

Comment

• Defense in a fight lets you hang around longer and minimize damage. How many street fight you see that one guys starts swinging and gets tired

Comment

Working...
                      X