No announcement yet.

Defensive Boxing Is Useless In Real Life

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shadeyfizzle View Post
    Dont really need to. Pulling clothes is pretty much just dirty boxing and happens in every hockey fight.
    Oh my god! Thank you! All he is talking is some hockey type **** (for lack of a better term)...Sure, it can work often (has for me), but it is not always a sure fire way to win fights!

Dancing and looking cute is not recommended in any street fight. So kudos to the OP for smashing dude for trying to be cute. Don't ever get it twisted though, that will not work against most "boxers". Let alone folks that can just straight up fight.
    Last edited by HandSpeed303; 11-19-2011, 06:22 AM.

Comment

• OMG i couldn't disagree more with the TS! The reason i've never gotten my ass beat in a street fight is because of my defense!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rassclot View Post
        Let's be honest, we all watch boxing for the close assimilation of real life combat.

now that MMA is more popular because it is that much closer to real life combat than boxing.

When you have defensive people who shoulder roll and get on their backfoot pedalling......... that **** just will NOT WORK in real life.

First of all, you got clothes on. Unless you're fighting on daytona beach. I got into it last night in Memphis Tennesee(visiting a hospital client). This dude was dipping and diving right off the bat like sweatpea. I throw one punch he dips back and I run up grab his shirt before he can swerve again. Dude looked mind****ed, he got held in place for me to unload a plethora of knuckle sandwiches.

Within 15 seconds, sweatpea wannabe is twitching on the ground cerebral palsy style.

LOL @ defensive boxing on the street. that is all.
        Because defensive boxing is a technical style designed for a boxing ring.

Some MMA styles are useless - somebody tries to hug me on the floor is getting their ear bitten off.

Comment

• And boxing is a sport,so why even make such a silly statement?

Comment

• You know i once saw a fight in school between this ripped kid, kind of looked like Mayorga, starting **** with what looked like a 90 lbs rocker. He kept on talking **** and trying him, so the small kid had no choice but take him on. Funny thing was, the bigger kid was throwing wild looping shots everywhere without protecting himself, while the smaller one put his guard up and was throwing accurate straights. Needless to say, turns out the kid with defense ended up without a mark on his face, and the big bad street fight ran away with his face bleeding badly.

So i guess i gotta disagree with the ts, skills pay bills no matter where you are.

Comment

• Boxing helps a lot in street fights a lot of people don't know how to fight if you are a good Boxer you'd win most likely

Comment

• MMA is just as useless in real life lol if you think mad mma skills will help. I can't remember the last time I saw a fair one on one fight it just doesn't happen in the street. Also boxing fans watch boxing to see boxers put their boxing skills up against other boxers, not to see a close assimilation of real life combat.

1- in real life first hit can mean everything
                2- all types of objects in the surrounding location can be used as a weapon or they could already be carrying one
                3- fight can break out at any moment you may get hit from the back without time to retaliate
                4- If that person has mates around they will not stand around to referee the match, they will beat your ass

Could go on and on, but my point is, if you think mma is like real life combat your kidding yourself, in real life there are no rules anything goes and anything can happen. Even if you beat the guy you could get charged with assault & battery and the guy you beat up could end up being the winner lol.
                Last edited by PistolPat; 11-19-2011, 10:22 AM.

Comment

• i have faith .... that a day is soon coming where these guys will vanish from the internet!!!! keep hope alive brethren!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rassclot View Post
                    Let's be honest, we all watch boxing for the close assimilation of real life combat.

now that MMA is more popular because it is that much closer to real life combat than boxing.

When you have defensive people who shoulder roll and get on their backfoot pedalling......... that **** just will NOT WORK in real life.

First of all, you got clothes on. Unless you're fighting on daytona beach. I got into it last night in Memphis Tennesee(visiting a hospital client). This dude was dipping and diving right off the bat like sweatpea. I throw one punch he dips back and I run up grab his shirt before he can swerve again. Dude looked mind****ed, he got held in place for me to unload a plethora of knuckle sandwiches.

Within 15 seconds, sweatpea wannabe is twitching on the ground cerebral palsy style.

LOL @ defensive boxing on the street. that is all.
                    some defensive techniques dont work in real life, that doesnt mean defense in general is useless. you are literally saying being able to avoid punches is useless in a street fight and thats beyond ******ed.

keeping you chin tucked, knowing how to move your head at the right time and step just out of range wins the fight in most cases. there are so few ppl who really know how to defend themselfs so once you shut their offense down all you have to do is throw a punch and they are always gonna get hit by it, why? bcuz they dont have any defense.

everything about your post leads me to believe you are just full of **** and looking for attention though.

Comment

• Originally posted by PistolPat View Post
                      MMA is just as useless in real life lol if you think mad mma skills will help. I can't remember the last time I saw a fair one on one fight it just doesn't happen in the street. Also boxing fans watch boxing to see boxers put their boxing skills up against other boxers, not to see a close assimilation of real life combat.

1- in real life first hit can mean everything
                      2- all types of objects in the surrounding location can be used as a weapon or they could already be carrying one
                      3- fight can break out at any moment you may get hit from the back without time to retaliate
                      4- If that person has mates around they will not stand around to referee the match, they will beat your ass

Could go on and on, but my point is, if you think mma is like real life combat your kidding yourself, in real life there are no rules anything goes and anything can happen. Even if you beat the guy you could get charged with assault & battery and the guy you beat up could end up being the winner lol.
                      Exactly!

If you get in a brawl and try to wrestle with somebody. now you have made your self more vulnerable to everybody else because you can only wrestle one person at a time

if you stay on your feet moving your head (boxing) than you will have a better chance of not getting your face stomp on

Comment

Working...
                      X