No announcement yet.

Miguel Cotto: Man or Mouse?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
    Cotto doesn't have the fighter's spirit, he's not a warrior, that's all I can say about him. I pay to watch Cotto the fighter go out and perform, not Cotto the family man. Good for him, shi.t I'd do the same thing, but I watch him go fight not be Mr. Family Guy.

My 2 cents.
    Cotto not a warrior? I'm sorry but you are extremely biased or don't know **** about boxing.

Comment

cotto is a warrior

Comment

Originally posted by freeloada View Post
        Where the hell do you get that from?.. Any fighter.. ANY FIGHTER.. that steps in the ring and fights someone for the entertainment of others is considered a warrior to me... Cotto. Warrior..Margarito. Warrior.. Pacquiao. Warrior.. FMJ. warrior.. Yes even Paullie Mallinaggi is a damn warrior.. Please don't sound stupid by saying that a professional boxer isn't a warrior.. He does more in a day than you probably do in a month bro..l respect the sport... If you don't like his style then don't like him.. But for you tovsay he isn't a warrior and doesn't have a fighter's spirit is just stupid..l
        You got me ****ed up man, not what I'm saying at all. Of course Cotto is a warrior in the sense that he steps into the ring and risks his life/health every time. I'm actually a huge Cotto fan and you're taking my comments wrong most likely because you're a Cotto nutthugger. What I mean by not having the "fighter's spirit" is that he's not a win-at-all-costs type of fighter like Gatti, Corrales or Margarito who will battle till the end. Doesn't just have to mean a brawler, guys like Mayweather and Marquez are overly competitive and refuse to lose. I don't see anything like that in Cotto, he doesn't have the mental make up of those fighters and would probably quit again. Just listen to the face-off, the guy isn't willing to go all out for the fans or his fighting pride.

Comment

You got me ****ed up man, not what I'm saying at all. Of course Cotto is a warrior in the sense that he steps into the ring and risks his life/health every time. I'm actually a huge Cotto fan and you're taking my comments wrong most likely because you're a Cotto nutthugger. What I mean by not having the "fighter's spirit" is that he's not a win-at-all-costs type of fighter like Gatti, Corrales or Margarito who will battle till the end. Doesn't just have to mean a brawler, guys like Mayweather and Marquez are overly competitive and refuse to lose. I don't see anything like that in Cotto, he doesn't have the mental make up of those fighters and would probably quit again. Just listen to the face-off, the guy isn't willing to go all out for the fans or his fighting pride.
          But I argue that "dying in the ring" for approval is in MANY ways WEAKER. It's the same type of foolishness that causes grown men to act like 18 yr olds and join gangs etc. to PROVE how "down" they are... It takes a certain maturity and COURAGE to NOT leave your family fatherless for the sake of proving ANYTHING out of WEAKNESS. Cotto is a confident person and a TRUE individual. Not all men need to be a part of a crowd or prove to the crowd that they are "down" with the crowd. Especially when that crowd is full of chubby ass, *****es who think they know what it feels like to be in the ring.

Comment

Originally posted by LaMigra View Post
            But I argue that "dying in the ring" for approval is in MANY ways WEAKER. It's the same type of foolishness that causes grown men to act like 18 yr olds and join gangs etc. to PROVE how "down" they are... It takes a certain maturity and COURAGE to NOT leave your family fatherless for the sake of proving ANYTHING out of WEAKNESS. Cotto is a confident person and a TRUE individual. Not all men need to be a part of a crowd or prove to the crowd that they are "down" with the crowd. Especially when that crowd is full of chubby ass, *****es who think they know what it feels like to be in the ring.
            Completely agree with that and I totally see that point of view man, but hey if I'm paying good money to see Cotto on PPV I expect him to go balls out. Blame it on our blood thirsty society (which has been going on for centuries) but that's my opinion.

Anyways, despite what Cotto's saying, I expect Cotto to make a huge statement in this fight and let an inner beast out.

Comment

If you knew me you'd know that I'm far from a nut hugger.. Cotto is my favorite fighter yes but far from nut hugging anyone. I puttee sport first before any boxer.. And I think there is a difference in what Cotto is saying.. Cotto gives his all in every fight.. True warrior.. But if you're beaten down like he was against Margs and you know YOU CANT TAKE ANYMORE PUNISHMENT then there's nothing wrong with stopping the fight.. A lot of people hated when Ortiz quit (he's Mexican) but I thought it was good on him.. Live to fight another day.. Look at Margs now.. Can't even get a damn license to fight cause of his eye.. If the fight was stopped in the 10th where it should have then this wouldn't be a problem.. **** he's lucky PAC pumped the breaks cause if he continued what he was doin I don't think Margs would be able to talk straight.. Cotto always goes all out for his fans just like Margs does. The difference is that one wants to preserve his health and the other doesn't care about his health.. I used to be a Margs fan until the hand wraps **** and even though he seems like a scumbag he showed me he can still bang especially in the PAC fight.. I just don't think he should take stupid punishment and put your health at risk.. It's already at risk enough in this sport...

Comment

Cotto was not worried with his health when he took that knee to marg. he took it cuz he couldn't take the punishment... Cotto took more punishment to pacman and he didn't take a knee there.

Comment

Cotto is a warrior between the ropes and always will be.

Comment

i'll say this, at least he's honest about it and he doesn't feel he needs to lie to anyone. He could have easily come out with something made up to sound good. Now, it did come out bad because the way he said it, it sounded as if he didn't care for the fans but I know that's not the case so it just came out bad. I gotta respect his stand and he sounds smart in saying it. I would have been pumped if he had said something in the lines of: "i'm willing to die in this fight" but it would have been BS and he doesn't feel the necessity for it.

Much like when other fighters talk about a war in the ring and then fight-night comes and its a bore-fest. At least I know that Cotto will make it a fight and he will be in there and it WILL be entertaining no matter what.

Comment

Cotto doesn't have the fighter's spirit, he's not a warrior, that's all I can say about him. I pay to watch Cotto the fighter go out and perform, not Cotto the family man. Good for him, shi.t I'd do the same thing, but I watch him go fight not be Mr. Family Guy.

My 2 cents.
                      **** outta here.... a man who took on every single one who they put in front of him, no excuses. Taken two brutal beatings and still there now training to take on the man who took his -0 not a warrior?

Comment

Working...
                      X