Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bute's Promoter Hits Back at Froch: He's Avoiding Lucian!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bazookajoe View Post
    I'm not saying Froch is wrong at all. If anything, he's right. But why confirm a few days ago that he wants to fight Bute for the IBF title then yesterday say Bute's a nobody? Seems to me Froch should be focused on Ward now, not jab Bute with mixed signals.

And then people on here saying interbox guy's a tool because he doesn't know there's a super 6 tourney going on?

I don't get it.
    He was saying Bute shouldn't be talked about as the No.1 supermiddle in the world, and he shouldn't.

And one line in a 5 minute conversation is not losing focus. And the line was more about himself, calling himself the best rather than Bute or Ward.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyMcNulty View Post
      How the **** could Froch be ducking Bute when he's in the Super6?

Unlike some hypejob who will only fight 'hometown' fights because he's too much of a ***** to get out of his comfort zone.
      Andre Ward?

Comment

Carl Froch has the best resume in that division, bar none. And one of the best resumes in the entire sport of boxing.

To suggest that he is avoiding anyone is laughable. Especially coming from the promoter of Lucian Bute, a fighter who has made a name for himself by crushing tomato cans.

Comment

this story is heating up in Montreal french press. Holy shyt, you'd think it's WW3 over here hahaha

Comment

froch's been w/the tourney for 18 months or so...the problem??? Bute won't leave his sanctuary in Canada...gosh @ least come to the US..show some balls like Froch and get it settled & away from your 3 favorite Canadian judges...

Comment

I would rate Bute probably 3rd in the Division behind Froch and Ward...the winner of that Super 6 Fight will put a END to this BUTE HYPE...BUT to be fair...and I am no Bute fans...I think Ward would present the most problems for Bute Stylistically

I have great respect for Froch and I would not have a problem with him winning the Super 6 because he has made me a fan during the Super 6......BUT......I think Bute could probably Out-Box Carl Froch, Bute does have some speed and he moves well and can be pretty slick in that ring

Comment

Originally posted by Tiozzo View Post
                Froch declined to fight Bute just before the tourney started. I don't blame him, it's not a bit ch move like Stieglitz, Pavlik and Kessler made.
                Uh no. Bute declined to fight Froch by declining to enter the tournament.
                Last edited by Dirk Diggler UK; 11-17-2011, 01:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                  There are many ways of avoiding.

Bute avoided Pascal by stating that he didn't want to leave the division after which he tried to set up a fight with Danny Green who's a cruiserweight.

Bute avoided Kessler by saying that "...there are other champions".

Bute avoided Sartison, Kessler, Pavlik by offering laughable money and initially Johnson as well.
                  Battling Nelson is correct if Johnson wasn't so shot to pieces Bute probably wouldn't have fought him either. I can't wait for him to fight somebody decent and PRIME.

Comment

Can't wait till Ward schools Froch, than we can see if Bute is really serious about fighting the Super 6 winner. Once Ward beats Froch and Bute, he should move up to 175 and challenge Dawson, Hopkins, Pascal, Cleverly, etc. Especially since Sergio wants NO PART of a Ward-Martinez fight at 164/165.

Andre Ward is the man.

Comment

Originally posted by Pacman View Post
                      This doesn't make sense, Froch is in a tourney. How can he be avoiding Bute?
                      exactly, they will fight sometime but just can't right now

Comment

Working...
                      X