No announcement yet.

The contradiction of HBO

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The contradiction of HBO

The HBO crew likes to talk about the guy who throws more punches wins a close fight. I'll use Williams-Lara as an example, who HBO crew UNANIMOUSLY agreed Lara was robbed EVEN though Williams threw way more punches and the total punches landed were close

Total Punches Thrown

Williams - 1047
    Lara - 530

Pacqauio - 578
    Marquez - 436

Williams like Pacquiao moved forward most of that fight yet in the Williams fight. HBO UNANIMOUSLY agreed the fighter in Williams-Lara who back peddled more and threw less punches outboxing the other won...yet in the Pac-JMM 3 fight they contradict their selves says the fighter who throws more punches in a close fight should win....

WTF

Originally posted by Crazy Training View Post
    The HBO crew likes to talk about the guy who throws more punches wins a close fight. I'll use Williams-Lara as an example, who HBO crew UNANIMOUSLY agreed Lara was robbed EVEN though Williams threw way more punches and the total punches landed were close

Total Punches Thrown

Williams - 1047
    Lara - 530

Pacqauio - 578
    Marquez - 436

Williams like Pacquiao moved forward most of that fight yet in the Williams fight. HBO UNANIMOUSLY agreed the fighter in Williams-Lara who back peddled more and threw less punches outboxing the other won...yet in the Pac-JMM 3 fight they contradict their selves says the fighter who throws more punches in a close fight should win....

WTF
    Wow!!! You made so much sense its rediculous, this thread will be avoided and deleted, that was a great example of how biased the hbo crew has become, effective aggression now means most punches thrown as of 11-12-11

Comment

Total Punches Thrown

Williams - 1047
      Lara - 530

Pacqauio - 578
      Marquez - 436

WTF
      Now tell us the punches landed stats, total and power if you please.

Comment

Exactly this is what I've been trying to get across to people. If this was someone else we and the boxing world would be talking about Marquez's master class. Instead the boxing world all of a sudden does'nt care about effective boxing anymore. All of a sudden the sport has changed to who can throw more punches in 12 rounds.

Comment

Good thread . Hbo sometimes are the worst when it comes to the bigger name fighter. I remembered pacman landed 1 punch at the end of a round that marquez was winning and all of a sudden lampley was like, that might have been enough to win pacman that round.... I was yellin HOW!!!

Comment

Total Punches Thrown

Williams - 1047
            Lara - 530

Pacqauio - 578
            Marquez - 436

WTF
            They gotta hype their guy. Remember showtime stole Pacman away for his last farce cherrypick. HBO won't let that happen again, so they gotta suck up & take it dry.

Comment

Still no answer?

Let me help you.

Williams 200 / 1047 Total and 161 / 766 Power

Lara 224 / 530 Total and 178 / 363 Power

Hope this helps.

Comment

And for Pacquiao vs Marquez.

Pacquiao 176 / 578 Total 117 / 274 Power

Marquez 138 / 436 Total 100 / 254 Power

I guess this is not helping your theory.

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
                  And for Pacquiao vs Marquez.

Pacquiao 176 / 578 Total 117 / 274 Power

Marquez 138 / 436 Total 100 / 254 Power

I guess this is not helping your theory.
                  You've got a point D4. It's a shame there was no response to your original questioning.

But to be fair; its fair to assume that they wouldn't have known the actual stats at the time of making those comments.

They do have to protect their fighters to an extent.

That's why I tend to watch majority of fights with the sound mute from now on. Its the only way you can objectively score a fight.

Comment

Originally posted by P4P_No1 View Post
                    You've got a point D4. It's a shame there was no response to your original questioning.

But to be fair; its fair to assume that they wouldn't have known the actual stats at the time of making those comments.

They do have to protect their fighters to an extent.

That's why I tend to watch majority of fights with the sound mute from now on. Its the only way you can objectively score a fight.

I don't think I get influenced that much. First watch the primetime coverage which I though was Marquez biased.

And then the HBO coverage which was Pacquiao freindly and scored it the same.

Kellerman said throughout the fight that the judges may have it closer than Lederman and they might have Marquez ahead, because it was that close.

Lederman is a judge that favours aggression, Lampley is no expert, Kellerman had it very close, Steward seem to set out his stall for a Pacquiao win and wanted to back up his original stance.

But to compare this fight to Williams Lara and say the HBO team are just making stuff up to big up there stars is a joke.

Comment

Working...
                    X