The contradiction of HBO

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thats because Williams was OUTLANDED overall.... get the facts straight

Originally posted by Crazy Training View Post
    The HBO crew likes to talk about the guy who throws more punches wins a close fight. I'll use Williams-Lara as an example, who HBO crew UNANIMOUSLY agreed Lara was robbed EVEN though Williams threw way more punches and the total punches landed were close

Total Punches Thrown

Williams - 1047
    Lara - 530

Pacqauio - 578
    Marquez - 436

Williams like Pacquiao moved forward most of that fight yet in the Williams fight. HBO UNANIMOUSLY agreed the fighter in Williams-Lara who back peddled more and threw less punches outboxing the other won...yet in the Pac-JMM 3 fight they contradict their selves says the fighter who throws more punches in a close fight should win....

WTF

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
      Actually he isn't. He did say that the total # of punches landed were close & they were. He was very accurate, but some wouldn't know that because they only understand what suits them.
      There is about 20-25% swing in punches.

Lara landing 10% more and Pacquiao around 15% more.

Is 25% close in your books.

What about the accuracy, Lara has 20+% edge on the power and Pacquiao has a 4% edge on the power shots landed.

What was the TS point again?

These fights are some way similar and look how HBO treats them differently.

You still believe that?

Comment

The HBO crew likes to talk about the guy who throws more punches wins a close fight. I'll use Williams-Lara as an example, who HBO crew UNANIMOUSLY agreed Lara was robbed EVEN though Williams threw way more punches and the total punches landed were close

Total Punches Thrown

Williams - 1047
        Lara - 530

Pacqauio - 578
        Marquez - 436

Williams like Pacquiao moved forward most of that fight yet in the Williams fight. HBO UNANIMOUSLY agreed the fighter in Williams-Lara who back peddled more and threw less punches outboxing the other won...yet in the Pac-JMM 3 fight they contradict their selves says the fighter who throws more punches in a close fight should win....

WTF
        good job man...I forgot ALL about THIS one....good stuff

its obvious JMM won and that HBO was in on the robbery....too much money to be made for the May-Pac fight...I can dig it in a sense....but its not right how they stuck it to JMM...dude beat Pac worst than Morales did imo....anyway, when the crowd was booing, Lampey said it was a minority of Mexican fans who were booing....damage control began at that point

Comment

I did not get owned

Read what I said, I said both fights the landed punches were close. I DO NOT beleive compubox that Pacquiao landed more, I just do not beleive that ****. I am using Williams-Lara as an example where Harold Ledderman said it doesnt matter about throwing more punches, rather effective boxing....then he contradicted himself in the Pac-JMM III

Comment

I did not get owned

Read what I said, I said both fights the landed punches were close. I DO NOT beleive compubox that Pacquiao landed more, I just do not beleive that ****. I am using Williams-Lara as an example where Harold Ledderman said it doesnt matter about throwing more punches, rather effective boxing....then he contradicted himself in the Pac-JMM III
            Yeah that why Lederman scored the De La Hoya vs Mayweather fight for Mayweather.

Did Lederman say it not about effective boxing in the Marquez fight?

Comment

People are jumping because they like this thread never realizing that a guy named D4thincarnation totally exposed it.

Please use logic and not idolatry.

Comment

Its not hard to see Pacquiao landed more.

Juan landed the more eye catching blows though that could influence anybody's scoring.

sample is ROUND 4. Pacquiao totally won that round but JMM landed a beautiful right hand towards the end. Many people gave that round to him w/c is a CLEAR Pacquiao round IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by SekondzOut View Post
                  good job man...I forgot ALL about THIS one....good stuff

its obvious JMM won and that HBO was in on the robbery....too much money to be made for the May-Pac fight...I can dig it in a sense....but its not right how they stuck it to JMM...dude beat Pac worst than Morales did imo....anyway, when the crowd was booing, Lampey said it was a minority of Mexican fans who were booing....damage control began at that point
                  You say that there is too much money to be made on a Pac v May fight, but people are losing patience and Arum doesn't seem to wanna make the fight so why bother protecting a fight that won't happen if Arum gets his way?

Arum thinks he can get away with it because he has poisoned the mainstream against Mayweather, but if more media outlets finally start to question him and Pacquiao then we may finally see them get the fight made.

Comment

Originally posted by hurtbizness83 View Post
                    Good thread . Hbo sometimes are the worst when it comes to the bigger name fighter. I remembered pacman landed 1 punch at the end of a round that marquez was winning and all of a sudden lampley was like, that might have been enough to win pacman that round.... I was yellin HOW!!!
                    I know exactly what you're talking about! I was thinking the same thing when he said that!

Comment

Originally posted by P4P_No1 View Post
                      You've got a point D4. It's a shame there was no response to your original questioning.

But to be fair; its fair to assume that they wouldn't have known the actual stats at the time of making those comments.

They do have to protect their fighters to an extent.

That's why I tend to watch majority of fights with the sound mute from now on. Its the only way you can objectively score a fight.
                      Just wanted to say your sig is a perfect example of why Mayweather has more problems with Manny and loses. Marquez fights on the inside and throws a 3 punch combo. Floyd leans back and pot shots a punch or two, they are boxers but one guy fights back.

Back on topic, Williams was getting lit up every round about 1 million times worse than Manny. AND he was just KTFO by that same punch the fight before...
                      Last edited by Beater_of_ass; 11-16-2011, 10:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X