No announcement yet.

The contradiction of HBO

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bolodux View Post
    Sorry if it wasn't clear enough. I'm not trying to prove a point; just adding more stats as provided live to all viewers before the decision was declared. To paraphrase you... I have not made a theory on this subject. This is what I think the TS is addressing:

1. He doesn't believe Pacquiao landed more punches than reported.
    2. Commentators are bias/contradictory (quantity/quality)

If you notice the stats shown, there is already misinformation (unintentional or otherwise) being reported. The total number of punches is reported as 176/578 30% for Pacquiao [landed/thrown] & 138/436 32% Marquez. A few seconds afterwards they reveal the body punch stats as: 95 43 138 32% [landed on Pacquiao] & 149 17 166 29% [landed on Marquez]. Benefit of the doubt to an innocent error, but also reminding us of their validity. Which #s are to be the real/true values? it does affect peoples' perception of efficiency/effectiveness afterall. What's the value of a 3% difference in one vs 2% in another slide for the same statistic?

The difference is punch zone to compubox, I believe they are two different punching authorites.

Compubox is not 100% right, but I have countered the punches myself in certain rounds in this fight and in other fights and they are very accurate.

The punch stats should not effect the your judging of the fight at all.

It seems that the TS seems to think that HBO are bias to Pacquiao or big fighter.

This is not the case, each member of the team have their own view and sometimes they disagree.

Most of them like agressive fighters, so Pacquiao maybe seem more favoured by some members in HBOs team.

But to think that the Williams vs Lara is equivelnt to Pacquiao vs Marquez 3 is just wrong. And the theory falls down there.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
      In that fight. the HBO crew were bad-mouthing Paul even before Lara started kicking his ass. It seemed to me like they had it planned to talk down to Williams that night. I had Lara winning and that was the biggest robbery this year, and should be at least one of top 25 worst robberies in boxing history. But the way the HBO commentators were verbally abusing Williams that night, was just not right at all. To be talking like that about a guy who's putting his life on the line and has only tried to fight the best, it's just wrong. Sure the criticism at the end was warranted...but it was just disgusting to hear these guys talk down to Williams even when the fight was still close in the 4-5th rounds, after that Lara just ran away with the fight and won pretty clearly.

Lara could not miss with that left hand, got peppered with big shots all night. Show a lot of heart Williams by coming forward and throwing punches all night, never giving up but Lara was dominant and won rounds comfortably.

Comment

Originally posted by Ugh! View Post
        probabley thanks to the sixth(or 5th)
        pacquiao won that fight too, people really just can't score worth sht though, that's why it's 50/50

regardless, the kd made a huge difference
        Yeah I think the majority of sports writers, fighters and trainers are all wrong and you're right. That sounds like the most logical theory.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
          Yeah I think the majority of sports writers, fighters and trainers are all wrong and you're right. That sounds like the most logical theory.
          The majority of sport wrtiter, fighters and trainers also picked Pacquiao to KO Marquez in this fight.

So it wouldn't surprise me if they were all wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
            The majority of sport wrtiter, fighters and trainers also picked Pacquiao to KO Marquez in this fight.

So it wouldn't surprise me if they were all wrong.
            Predicting and scoring are two different things.

Comment

Working...
            X