Comments Thread For: Reality Bites: Vicarious Vegas Weekend Leaves a Mark

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yup, what Lyle said.

Comment

IMO - I think Manny was "stale" in that fight. It looks to me that he needs a break from boxing or his other activities. he clearly didn't follow instructions in the corner and looked drained. When a fighter does "too" much thinking in the ring he is in trouble (I speak from experience). he seem to worried about getting hit and that's not good.
      I don't see him ready for Mayweather in May. If they do fight, it would be a disaster for Pacman.

Comment

The reality is that Pacman underperformed and what bites is that he still won. Everybody expected a rout but it did not happen so mentally Pacman was defeated by his own achievements. The judges scored what they saw not what they thought!

My advise to Pacman - avoid your vices. If you want to continue boxing, do it professionally not as part time job. Boxing made and carried you to what you are now. Anything else will lead to your downfall. Don't sit on your achievements!

My advise to Dinamita - avoid drinking your own piss. It's sterile so you do not get anything out of it except urine. It showed good results this time. Maintain your team. Don't mind what critics say about your strength and conditioning coach and KNOCK PACMAN OUT to win. That is not an option. It's an order!

My advise to Flotards and *******s - this bout is about a rivalry and nothing to do with Fowl play. Chickens are Fowls. Protect yourself at all times!

Comment

But Floyd is still scared....only Ellerbe wants to fight!

Comment

Lyle had my sentiments the day of the fight exactly. I agree the rounds given to pac were reaching. When the first draw was read i also thought that was the idiotic judge that is always looking at the wrong fight. Never did I think such a clear win would be robbed.

At the end of the fight, Manny looked defeated. He didn't raise his arms. His entire corner looked it. Bob Arum which usually hugs his prized possession whenever he wins, instead immediately ran to Marquez and begged him on camera to stay calm knowing very well that Marquez had just gotten robbed.

Later he would come out and say what his body language said otherwise and say Manny won, then insult either press/fans by asking them, "What their ****ing problem is" that Manny wanted to go home despite an unusually short press conference by the so called winner.
            Last edited by .::|ULTIMATE|::.; 11-15-2011, 03:36 PM.

Comment

Great article, great read. Thx.

Comment

For all the people who thought Pacquiao won close, look at his body language after the fight. It was clear Marquez won this time either 8-4 or 7-5 if you give Pacquiao some of the close rounds. It's a disgrace for the sport.

Comment

w/Klitch not fighting much longer, I assume, pac is the WBO's only real $$ maker...valcarcel needs to move the fight somewhere w/fair judges...the decision was an a black eye to the sport...

Comment

Originally posted by .::|ULTIMATE|::. View Post
                    Lyle had my sentiments the day of the fight exactly. I agree the rounds given to pac were reaching. When the first draw was read i also thought that was the idiotic judge that is always looking at the wrong fight. Never did I think such a clear win would be robbed.

At the end of the fight, Manny looked defeated. He didn't raise his arms. His entire corner looked it. Bob Arum which usually hugs his prized possession whenever he wins, instead immediately ran to Marquez and begged him on camera to stay calm knowing very well that Marquez had just gotten robbed.

Later he would come out and say what his body language said otherwise and say Manny won, then insult either press/fans by asking them, "What their ****ing problem is" that Manny wanted to go home despite an unusually short press conference by the so called winner.
                    He didn't raise his arms because the fight was unexpectedly much tougher than he thought it would be.He felt he'd disappointed his fans, and felt dejected. That's the interprestation that I give to the way he walked to his corner. Not being either pro or anti either Pacquiao or marquez, I have no axe to grind. I felt it would be a tough fight, but also felt that MannyP would win.

Because, if Marquez had pacquiao's "number", Manny P. also had Marquez' number. If you look a bit more closely, you will see If you are really looking and want to) that marquez scored many of his hits when he had pacquiao's foot FIRMLY trapped uder his own, preventing MannyP from moving. Holding a guy's foot down in the ring also does a hell of a lot more than it's worth my while going into here.

I particularly noticed that it was deliberate, because instead of sliding his foot as a boxer normally would, he lifted it up high, balanced on the heel, and brought it down FIRMLY right on Pacquiao's foot, holding it there, time after time. I don't know why the Roach didn't see it and complain. He was busy looking at the wrong things i suppose, as was I. But I saw it plainly in the Youtube slow motion playback which you should really have a good look at.

Deliberate, means fouling. If MannyP wasn't a going-forward fighter and was trying to retreat, he could have fallen and broken an ankle or something like.

Comment

Lyle Fitzsimmons is ****tiest BS writer, worse that Nathanielsz. just saying....dude can't afford to buy PPV, watched the fight bootleg from his CRT computer screen and has the guts to call the fight a robbery.

BS needs to step up as far as the quality of their boxing writers. No wonder these fools can't even have their own Examiner account coz they sukk bollz bigtime..

Comment

Working...
                      X