Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

boxing is brutal. one controversial win and you're a bum. a hypejob.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ryannn
    this guy did
    Ryann:

clottey, cotto (145), ODH , hatton, Margs (150), Mosley

Other than cotto, somewhat mitigated by the 145 limit, is not exactly a great list of opponents. Throw in Diaz and uh what is wrong with that post.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
      Ryann:

clottey, cotto (145), ODH , hatton, Margs (150), Mosley

Other than cotto, somewhat mitigated by the 145 limit, is not exactly a great list of opponents. Throw in Diaz and uh what is wrong with that post.
      so you're sweeping those fights under the rug then?

i thought no one was doing that?

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
        No Mayabang, its not about JMM its about Manny. He simply isn't a smart enough or good enough BOXER. He doesn't have the ability to deal with multiple styles in the ring. He can only live up to expectations when faced with inferior competition. He still has something to prove.
        Lol, let's not act like his past competition was "inferior", now you're reaching. Manny has trouble with one guy lifetime, JMM of all boxers, and now he's just not that good? Ever think that JMM and his style just has Pac's number?

If Pacquiao's competition was inferior then what was Mayweathers?

Comment

Originally posted by pdei47 View Post
          Pacroid should have been considered a bum when he started fighting Floyd's leftovers. Catchweight p4p king=pacroid=frddie roach/bob the bull sh$t arum. after see pacroid fight without his juice I Think I Smell Something (*****)
          Except he beat "Floyd's leftovers" a million times worse then Floyd did, not long after Floyd fought them.

And Floyd has fought bums the past 8 years, so what's your point?

Comment

Originally posted by Oxn View Post
            Exactly. Manny is getting criticized, BUT i dont think he deserves it as much as hes getting.

Simply because its not his fault that people expected more of him than he actually was. Its not his fault people access his REAL abilities incorrectly.

People will use this performance to say that Manny just isnt as good as they thought, and question his past performance, but MAYBE like any other fighter, hes just in his decline, and there is nothing wrong with that. Everyone will decline.
            People didnt just expect more of him, they expected him to win and not get his ass beat. You know, since that's what they been saying the last few years and all. How does the guy who is supposedly the fighter of the decade look like **** against a shot Mosely and look worse against a career lgihtweight? Thats not P4P#1. And now you know the truth.. He never was.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryannn View Post
              head to head, fictional match ups floyd would be the favorite.

though greatness is not based on that.

1. pacquiao
              2. floyd
              3. marquez

in that order in terms of greatness
              i didnt say anything about greatness. im talking about p4p wise. i do not consider manny p4p better than floyd. before i thought they were even. not anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by PfourP View Post
                Lol, let's not act like his past competition was "inferior", now you're reaching. Manny has trouble with one guy lifetime, JMM of all boxers, and now he's just not that good? Ever think that JMM and his style just has Pac's number?

SEe morales, eric.

No one is saying manny is a bum. Stop the overexaggerating. All I am saying is despite having the advntages, he still has trouble with boxers. He can only dominate a certain style while the fighter he is most often compared to, floyd mayweather, dominates all styles up to this point.

Comment

Originally posted by PfourP View Post

both of their competition was comparable. the difference being manny arguably lost to the best fighter he fought and floyd beat that very same fighter. actually embarrassed him. done.

Comment

i'm not saying everyone is doing this but a certain number of people are giving this people to marquez because Pacquiao didnt blow him away like everyone thought he would. When the underdog puts up a good close round against a star every close round they will give to that boxer which in this case was marquez. I have no problem with people expecting greatness out of pacquiao because he is that type of fighter but at the end of the day it shouldn't blind people. Yes marquez fought a great fight but he was retreating a lot of the fight which has an impact on judges, Pacquiao outlanded him, and threw more punches. Thats going to win you rounds. I had Pac winning by 2 points. I had a draw after 10 and gave the last 2 rounds to Pacquiao when Marquez stopped throwing thinking he had the fight kinda like De La Hoya against Trinidad to not as large extent.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
                      i didnt say anything about greatness. im talking about p4p wise. i do not consider manny p4p better than floyd. before i thought they were even. not anymore.
                      fair enough. its your list.

put bobby pacquiao at number 1 for all i care

Comment

Working...
                      X