Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Juan Carlos Burgos Decisions Luis Cruz Over Ten

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good fight Cruz was just to inexperienced for someone like Burgos whos competed at the championship level before. Burgos deserves another title shot or at least an eliminator. Burgos-Salgado would be good or the winner of Broner and the Argentinean.

Cruz will bounce back he is a good fighter with heart just needs to brush up on some D and get in a few more fights with sub-par comp, he was rushed to quick, they should learn from this before placing Dulorme or Gonzalez in big fights so quick in their careers or the same will happen to them.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
      MGM Grand, Las Vegas - Juan Carlos Burgos (28-1, 19KOs) won a ten round majority decision over previously undefeated Luis Cruz (19-1, 15KOs). The scores were 95-95, 97-93 and 98-92 for Burgos

[Click Here To Read More]
      Cruz was the better fighter but established that too late. The score cards were irrelevant. If they fight again and IF Cruz fights like he did in tha last quarter he beats Burgos easy and Probably stops him. Cruz is just too inexperienced. He's a future world champ.

Comment

Originally posted by Kannabis Kid View Post
        Good fight Cruz was just to inexperienced for someone like Burgos whos competed at the championship level before. Burgos deserves another title shot or at least an eliminator. Burgos-Salgado would be good or the winner of Broner and the Argentinean.

Cruz will bounce back he is a good fighter with heart just needs to brush up on some D and get in a few more fights with sub-par comp, he was rushed to quick, they should learn from this before placing Dulorme or Gonzalez in big fights so quick in their careers or the same will happen to them.
        Good comments. Sometimes the more talented guy doesn't win for various reasons. That was the case for Cruz in this fight.

Comment

This fight was a good fight to start the event Burgos did his thing and cruz didn't I was on of the few people that thought Cruz would win he kept getting hit with that left hook all night anybody with a powerful left hand he would have been knocked out the kid has a lot of heart and will bounce back.

Comment

I made a bet on Burgos because even though both guys have promise I took a look at the height difference, the experience differential outside their country, and that they were both young and immediately thought "upset" Burgos should have this.

Burgos pretty much schooled Cruz. I will say however, that although it was a decent showing I would have liked to have seen a little more initiative from him.

Comment

Where is PRBOXINGIDIOT??? What is this - his 15th wrong prediction in a row?? The idiot picks guys ONLY because they are PR. Talk about biased. I bet he would pick a PR to beat Mayweather even if the PR had a record of 10-8-3 just because he was a PR. When it comes to stupidity, PRBOXINGIDIOT has NO limits.

Comment

Cruz stepped up in competition and lost. He looks like if he does a few adjustments he might be able to compete.

That was a good fight between two solid contenders

Comment

this was Vargas Lopez from the Starpower card where both guys showed what they can do and there was no real loser

Burgos is a tough out I told a lot of you this his experience and pressure are something to be dealt with

Cruz has some good skills but lacked that know how on how to use it against a guy as tough as Mini

Comment

Cruz will bounce back he just needs to fix some things on his defence and work on his combinations. I think he will be a world champion one day if they don't rush him.

Comment

Working...
                    X