Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Amir Khan Talks Peterson, Facing The Berto-Ortiz Winner

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that would be a good fight. "Con" verses the winner of berto ortiz.. but "Con" needs to fight prescott again to redeem himself.

Comment

Originally posted by sebastianb7312 View Post
      I think Khan beats Ortits and against Berto I think Berto decisions Khan or late stoppage! But Money May dominates all three of them all day everyday!
      i agree with that.

Comment

khan is a sucker for belts, and neither berto nor ortiz have one right now. i doubt it's gonna be that easy to make the fight. khan has done nothing at ww yet,and his ww tuneup might even be matthew hatton.

Comment

Berto is going to be ready to show the world that the first Ortiz fight was a fluke. He's going to crush Ortiz in the rematch and then Khan is going to be too scared to fight him. Let's face it, Khan has done a good job in getting our attention by saying he can beat Mayweather , but both Floyd and Berto would put him to bed.

Comment

Would love to see Khan fight the Berto-Ortiz 2 winner in June/July, after a warm up at 147 in March or April.

In a perfect world, we'd have Berto-Ortiz 2 in January and Khan-Brook in March, and the winners would fight in June/July.

However, I don't see Khan and Brook fighting obviously. Ortiz-Berto should have been for the IBF Title, I don't care how long Bailey has been the IBF mandatory. The fact is, Ortiz is better and more deserving of fighting Berto again, especially since he beat him once.

147 could have some big names in 2012, besides Floyd and Manny, that may make some noise.

Mayweather, Pacquiao, Ortiz, Berto, Jones, Brook, Bradley, Khan, Alexander, Malignaggi. Also, we could see Maidana and Matthysse make the jumps up to 147 as well.

As far as Khan, realistically, I'd like to see him fight the Jones-Lujan winner for his first WW fight in March, for the vacant IBF Title. Than, he could fight the Ortiz-Berto 2 winner in June/July. If he were to win, it would make his fight with Mayweather in late 2012 that much bigger if he were to beat Ortiz or Berto.

Comment

My dream at 147 in the first half of 2012 would be this......

January 2012: Ortiz vs. Berto, Alexander vs. Malignaggi
              March 2012: Brook vs. Senchenko, Khan vs. Jones-Lujan winner
              April 2012: Bradley vs. Aydin-Dan winner
              May 2012: Mayweather vs. Pacquiao
              June 2012: Ortiz-Berto winner vs. Khan
              July 2012: Brook-Senchenko winner vs. Alexander-Malignaggi winner

Comment

I picked Khan to get knocked out against Maidana and Judah.

I'd probably go with Khan against Berto or Ortiz and with my luck he'd probably end up getting knocked out

Comment

I really think Berto is going to beat Ortiz this time around, which may hurt Ortiz. Ortiz is young anf gifted, definitely has many years left, but that will be 4 losses prettye arly in his career. One thing people can always say about Victor Ortiz is that the guy is willing to fight the best out there. He was pushing for the Maidana rematch for awhile, fought Peterson, Berto, Mayweather, pushed for a Pacquiao fight, fighting Berto again. The guy is legit when it comes to fighting the best available for him.

I just think Berto is going to be more tactical this time around, and not engage in the all out slugfest that the last fight was. Sure, Berto will trade with Ortiz, as he is capable of doing so. But, I think Berto realizes that Ortiz can be out-boxed. Berto is not as slick as Floyd, doesn't have Floyd's defense, and is not even close to the all around boxer Floyd is.....but he still possesses enough skill to beat Ortiz by decision. Don't get me wrong, Ortiz is a good fighter. Big, strong, in his prime, explosive power, alright speed, and an all around pretty good fighter. But, I just think Berto is going to get him this time around.

Comment

Originally posted by 4CornersKid View Post
                    I really think Berto is going to beat Ortiz this time around, which may hurt Ortiz. Ortiz is young anf gifted, definitely has many years left, but that will be 4 losses prettye arly in his career. One thing people can always say about Victor Ortiz is that the guy is willing to fight the best out there. He was pushing for the Maidana rematch for awhile, fought Peterson, Berto, Mayweather, pushed for a Pacquiao fight, fighting Berto again. The guy is legit when it comes to fighting the best available for him.

I just think Berto is going to be more tactical this time around, and not engage in the all out slugfest that the last fight was. Sure, Berto will trade with Ortiz, as he is capable of doing so. But, I think Berto realizes that Ortiz can be out-boxed. Berto is not as slick as Floyd, doesn't have Floyd's defense, and is not even close to the all around boxer Floyd is.....but he still possesses enough skill to beat Ortiz by decision. Don't get me wrong, Ortiz is a good fighter. Big, strong, in his prime, explosive power, alright speed, and an all around pretty good fighter. But, I just think Berto is going to get him this time around.
                    Berto is trash. He has absolutely no footwork and has a lack of stamina.

The guy will gas out once again and be a punching bag once again.

Ortiz is trash too, he lacks something. He is just too goofy for my liking.

Comment

Originally posted by ChristianBale View Post
                      Berto is trash. He has absolutely no footwork and has a lack of stamina.

The guy will gas out once again and be a punching bag once again.

Ortiz is trash too, he lacks something. He is just too goofy for my liking.
                      Berto's footwork can be pretty sloppy, something that gets him trouble a lot. His defense is very open as well, which is mainly due to him trying to engage his opponent all the time in a slugfest.

Ortiz has the tools to be great, I just think he lacks "IT". Whatever it is, Ortiz has yet to show it.

If Berto's stamina slows in the middle rounds again, Ortiz will probably win again. However, if Berto doesn't attempt to engage Ortiz at every second, like he did last time when he punched himself out, he can box his way to decision against Ortiz.

Definitely agree that Ortiz is just too goofy of a guy for me to like him. I just can't get into Ortiz like the other Mexican-American fighters I like (Rios, Alvarado, Guerrero).

Comment

Working...
                      X