Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photo: Kirkland, Angulo Side By Side After The War

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great picture! A picture is worth a thousand words and this one really shows how much hell two people are willing to go through. Props to both them! Finally a fight we can say, I'm proud to be a boxing fan. With Hopkins bs, Arum tearing the sport apart, and fighters running, we certainly had a classic last night. Instead of crying about who gets this and who gets that, these two put it all on the line. Both deserve praise.

Comment

Originally posted by money.j-210 View Post
      kinda fell bad for angulo...
      I do too man.

Comment

KIRKLAND SUCKS. He got owned in the first round and dropped by the first big shot, the only reason Angulo lost was because he blew his load and KO'd himself, Kirkland didnt do crap, the Ref shouldve stopped the fight in first round. in a rematch Angulo will KO Kirkland in Rd #1 or #2.

Its good to look good against someone who blew his load and is at 5% of his best, while Kirkland got his clock cleaned out and was just getting into the fight

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
          yeah hella shady. Almost looks like a guy who got hit 205 times in the face
          I know right?

Comment

Originally posted by Medved View Post
            KIRKLAND SUCKS. He got owned in the first round and dropped by the first big shot, the only reason Angulo lost was because he blew his load and KO'd himself, Kirkland didnt do crap, the Ref shouldve stopped the fight in first round. in a rematch Angulo will KO Kirkland in Rd #1 or #2.

Its good to look good against someone who blew his load and is at 5% of his best, while Kirkland got his clock cleaned out and was just getting into the fight
            And who's problem is that? Ali let Foreman punched himself out.

Why stop the fight in the first round while JK was throwing punches? You are a sore loser.

Comment

Its very rare to see nowadays a black guy delivering a bad beating like that to a mexican. Kirkland is a beast with Wolfe in his corner, cant wait to see him with Canelo in the same ring.. That would be amazing

Comment

Originally posted by Medved View Post

Comment

Damn look at Angulo's face.

Not surprising though considering the amount of punches he took.

Comment

dope sucks

If Kirkland sucks, Angulo is a real dog. Kirkland had heart and stamina. Foreman punched himself out against Ali, remember rope-a-dope? Angulo needs to learn how to "not to get hit."

Comment

wow

That was as wild as could be last night. Amazing. Hats off to both fighters, especially Kirkland for coming back. After the knockdown I thought he was done for sure.I have to admit though I've never really been that impressed with Angulo from a skill standpoint. Strong and tough as nails, but too slow to be be threat to upper level fighters.

As far as all this talk about Kirkland fighting Canelo I have a little different view on it than what everybody is posting. I think Golden Boy should be salivating at making this fight. Is Kirkland a threat, I guess just because of his aggression but honestly I think Canelo is way too skilled and has way too much power for Kirkland to bother him. I believe Alvarez would definitely find a home for some of those power shots that he throws, and he knocks out Kirkland rather easily. Kirkland is just too wide open to get hit in my opinion.

Hell, you would have thought Kirkland was Rocky Balboa the way Kellerman was talking about how he withstood the first round. He got caught with a good right hand, and Angulo punched himself out trying to close the show. Angulo couldn't throw any thing of consequence from there on out.
                      Don't get me wrong Kirkland definitely deserves major credit for surviving, I just have a feeling that if that was Alvarez you could just about forget about it, that fight would have been over.

Comment

Working...
                      X