Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marquez arguably beat Pac twice and he's not a legit opponent ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by uglypug View Post
    i agree with you here - i give floyd mad respect for tkaing on ortiz. . . i actually thought ortiz was the best opponent for him aside from pacquiao. . .

a little disappointed in the ending, but i thought floyd was justified in taking revenge after that blatant headbutt. . . i also tihnk he was on his way to a clear decision, if not late stoppage. . .

but this trilogy fight NEEDS TO HAPPEN. . . the fact that they are the same damn size (pac and marquez), makes it better that NEITHER HAS TO CUT WEIGHT. . . so weight won't be a FACTOR AT ALL. . . like i said, this is how the fight would be in the olden days before day-before weigh-ins. . . IF pac rehydrates more than 3 pounds heavier than marquez, ill give you 100 million points and agree that pacquiao enjoyed a size advantage.

Nice to see a Pacfan unbiased about Mayweather

Comment

Originally posted by SyrianKid View Post
      and i think you are being biased to manny

Comment

why isn't it? please tell me why? do pac and marquez both not rehydrate to 148? does marquez not have an inch height on pac? did marquez not take pacquiao to the edge and back two times?

has marquez ever fought anybody else aside from the best defensive fighter of our era at 144?

rehydrate lmao for reals
        yes marquez has fought lightweights after floyd
        now has marquez fought anyone at 144 or over after the floyd fight?
        Is Pac a welterweight?
        Is Marquez immortal and does not age anymore?

Comment

Originally posted by SyrianKid View Post
          im actually a fan of floyd too. . . i have a lot of appreciation for his skills, especially his defensive ability, and his ability to "read and react' in the ring. . it can be a thing of beauty to watch. . . lol ill take a shot or two at mayweather's antics (just to have some fun) OUTSIDE OF THE RING, but never will you see me not give floyd props for his boxing ability. . .

here we have the best offensive fighter of our era, and the best defensive fighter of our era. . . I just get mad when I think about this fight not happening.

Comment

If you really even need to ask this question, you'll probably never get it anyway, so I wouldn't bother with it too much.

Suffice to say, this is not two prime fighters at their best with no advantage either way. It's one prime guy with every possible advantage fighting an old, past his prime great making him move up two divisions to a weight he's clearly not good at and is so worn that it won't resemble anything like their first two wars.

It is that simple.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiozzo View Post
              Please, come here and explain yourselves you guys, cause I don't get it.

How can a guy who gave hell to Pac twice and arguably won is now a joke fight, a crap fight, etc. I don't get it.

Marquez has become the lineal LW champ, unified champ since he lost to Pacquiao. In other words, they have both been very successful pursuing their goals and their careers.

And now it's a crap fight ???
              marquez is not even a real lightweight ffs. his best weight at this point is like 132 and hes nearly 40, his natural weight is even lower. its been proven already he cant carry this much weight.

on top of that hes clearly on the decline, you can see it in his last couple of fights. its just a matter of time til some young gun beats him and pac is just beating them to the punch to hog the credit, doing what hes been doing fighting old men.

but just in case marquez has enough left to beat him they will drag him way beyond his best weight when they easily could come down themselfs without losing a step in the ring. they have been doing that too, its de****able.

Comment

im actually a fan of floyd too. . . i have a lot of appreciation for his skills, especially his defensive ability, and his ability to "read and react' in the ring. . it can be a thing of beauty to watch. . . lol ill take a shot or two at mayweather's antics (just to have some fun) OUTSIDE OF THE RING, but never will you see me not give floyd props for his boxing ability. . .

here we have the best offensive fighter of our era, and the best defensive fighter of our era. . . I just get mad when I think about this fight not happening.
                LOL, yeah it is kind of weird to see a Pacquiao fan give Floyd his just do. It just goes to show how these two combined with the media have divided the boxing fans. However, although I do agree a third fight is a must it shouldn't be happening at this weight and this late. Pacquiao has every conceivable advantage this time a round so everyone already knows who the victor will be. He won't get much credit for this win.

Comment

A 38 year old lightweight need I say anymore come on its not rocket science.

Why are people trying to make this into a legit fight it baffles me its nothing more than a joke and Arum ripping you off.

Pacs two latest opponents will have a combined age of 78.

Comment

Pacquiao weighed 145 for their last fight and will weigh 148 for this one. (just like he's weighed for his last fights at 140, 145, 147, and 150 weight limits)

The issue is not weight but age. The current JMM is less dangerous at a 135 limit than the JMM of almost three years ago would have been at a 144 pound weight limit.

Comment

Taking any bets for pac over marquez

Comment

Working...
                      X